Forum Settings
Forums
A Silent Voice
Available on Manga Store
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 14, 2018 7:50 AM
Jun 2016
M4DMAX said:
I feel the same way, but Koe no Katachi just is more controversial.
I was thinking it's a bit more niche. It appeals more strongly to people who've seen a lot of anime, and also to people who re-watch it (I used to think Koe no Katachi has plot holes, but now I'm struggling to find any that aren't explained). Still, its controversiality surely played a part in the shows "low" popular opinion.
Feb 14, 2018 7:54 AM
Dec 2017
Tenderizer17 said:
M4DMAX said:
I feel the same way, but Koe no Katachi just is more controversial.
I was thinking it's a bit more niche. It appeals more strongly to people who've seen a lot of anime, and also to people who re-watch it (I used to think Koe no Katachi has plot holes, but now I'm struggling to find any that aren't explained). Still, its controversiality surely played a part in the shows "low" popular opinion.

I fully agree with you!
Feb 16, 2018 5:14 PM
Feb 2018
I wouldn't say A Silent Voice is underrated, but I'd certainly say that Your Name is way overrated by comparison. My biggest problem with A Silent Voice is there are too many characters that you don't really learn the backstory of, so they end up feeling hollow and pointless (which is why I read the manga).
Feb 16, 2018 5:51 PM
Jun 2016
GreatBrandini said:
I wouldn't say A Silent Voice is underrated, but I'd certainly say that Your Name is way overrated by comparison. My biggest problem with A Silent Voice is there are too many characters that you don't really learn the backstory of, so they end up feeling hollow and pointless (which is why I read the manga).
Well, they were condensing a 64 chapter manga into a 2 hour movie, so they had to cut a lot. However, what made the Koe no Katachi manga appeal to me was left in tact, and improved upon. I don't even remember anything from the manga anymore except the two massive plot holes that the movie fixed.

BTW: I agree with you on the issue mainly being Kimi no na Wa is overrated by comparison.
Also BTW: I refuse to call this movie "A Silent Voice", it's a terrible title so I will forever refer to it as Koe no Katachi.
Feb 16, 2018 6:08 PM
Feb 2018
Out of curiosity, which 2 plot holes are you referring?
Feb 16, 2018 7:00 PM
Jun 2016
GreatBrandini said:
Out of curiosity, which 2 plot holes are you referring?
Firstly, Ishida's reasoning for jumping off the balcony makes no sense in any way. He supposedly did it to figure out whether falling from that height was lethal. That makes no sense

Secondly (come to think of this, it isn't really a plot hole at all), Ishida's mother burnt the money deliberately, and that isn't just stupid, it's evil.

EDIT: Come to think of it, the first major plot hole was different in the manga from how I interpreted it. I knew something was off about this all so I checked the manga and I was completely and utterly wrong. WHY AM I SO STUPID.

ANOTHER EDIT: Well, I guess it wouldn't be my favourite manga if it wasn't good (or just because I've barely read any manga, and rarely the good ones).
Tenderizer79Feb 16, 2018 7:07 PM
Aug 18, 2018 3:45 PM

Aug 2017
>underrated
>9.04

Ok. It's overrated but I can see why many people like it. Koe no Katachi is just an average or decent movie, nothing more.

All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 8, 2019 1:08 AM
Oct 2016
Underrated? Maybe, but its score (9.03 when writing this) is great.
MrGarlandMar 8, 2019 1:34 AM
Mar 10, 2019 11:14 AM

Aug 2016
No.

The movie that it is compared to (Kimi no wa) is just overrated.

Tenderizer17 said:

Ridiculous SJW's like Detective hate this for reasons that don't make sense.

Agreed. Low IQ reviews like that should be removed.
May 26, 2021 9:18 PM
Dec 2017
i think this movie is very overated its just another generic romcom like horimiya and also the only good thing i have to say is the art and animation.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Did you cry? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stacias - Aug 1, 2022

258 by kaycooo »»
Apr 20, 3:52 AM

Poll: » Koe no Katachi Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nihon_no_tsuki - Sep 21, 2016

700 by Morragan »»
Apr 4, 5:29 PM

» Ueno and miki (Spoiler)

Gilbertaxel17 - Jan 14

17 by Marianolove_55 »»
Mar 16, 9:39 AM

» Sharing Whispers with Shoko - Moments that Made Us Fee

Sad-Life - Dec 31, 2023

11 by Aryan422 »»
Jan 2, 9:21 AM

» What are your opinions on Tomohiro?

Aldanaonair - Dec 29, 2023

7 by Squatch70 »»
Dec 29, 2023 1:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.