Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Dec 2, 2017 3:31 PM
Aug 2016
Hello dear MAL comunity. Id like to ask about the watchorder of danganronpa series I finished the first anime and im clueless where to go now. I heared id had to play the game to understandt he S3. Is there any way to avoid that or did something came out in the meantime?
Thanks for your help.
Dec 2, 2017 4:01 PM

Mar 2014
Dangan Ronpa (game)
Dangan Ronpa (anime) (Not mandatory)
Super Dangan Ronpa 2 (game)
Dangan Ronpa Another Episode (game)
Dangan Ronpa 3 (Future Arc) (Anime) + Dangan Ronpa 3: The End of Hope's Peak High School (Despair Arc) (Anime) (WATCH THEM CONCURRENTLY)
Dangan Ronpa 3: Hope Arc (Anime)
Super Dangan Ronpa 2.5: Nagito Komaeda and the Destroyer of the World (Anime) (Not mandatory but watch it anyway)
New Dangan Ronpa V3 (game)
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Dec 2, 2017 4:36 PM
Jul 2018
There isn't much of a clear answer considering there's no adaption of DR2's game. But I'll give my options.

Either you can go and watch Danganronpa 1 or read Danganronpa 1 (this is whether you have access to the game if you have cash).

Then go to Danganronpa 2's game (again, if you have financial aid to do that). I suggest going through Despair Girls before watching Danganronpa 3 because of some stuff that they reference to.

Then I believe you have to read one of the novels, I don't remember the name.

Then watch Danganronpa 3 this way: First Mirai and then Zetsubou (you go episode 1 of Mirai, Episode 1 of Zetsubou, episode 2 of Mirai, episode 2 of Zetsubou, so on so forth) and then go and watch Hope Arc.

Then go and watch Danganronpa 2.5 but that's optional, of course 2.5 fills stuff from the anime series a bit but not a lot. Some explanation to it.

And well as the last title being V3, but that's again if you have some financial aid. Otherwise I think you can't go through the franchise like this unless they adapt DR2.
Dec 2, 2017 4:46 PM

Apr 2017
play the first game, then the second, then another episode: ultra despair girls, then the third one, then don't watch any of the anime

if you want more detailed info, ask my friend @KanonDE
Dec 2, 2017 4:46 PM

Jan 2008
You need to play D2 and Despair Girls for the full story but in the case you want to don't want to, then you can just watch these two videos.

And yes, they're major spoilers for the games. Don't watch if you haven't at least played the first game or the first anime yet.

Obviously you won't get everything with just the 2 videos but you will have enough to at least understand the story.
Dec 2, 2017 4:58 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
The_Missing_Link said:
play the first game, then the second, then another episode: ultra despair girls, then the third one, then don't watch any of the anime

Exactly what I was gonna state.

Don't watch the anime it's just water down version of the game in every possible effect.
Dec 2, 2017 5:03 PM

Jun 2015
First you ignore the existence of the anime.

Play
1. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
2. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (You unlock the VN Danganronpa IF after finishing the game you should read it)
3. Read the Light Novel Danganronpa/Zero before or after playing Another episode.
4. Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (You unlock the VN Ultra Despair Hagakure after finishing the game you should read it)
5. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony

The Anime ruins the story of the games so I can't recommend you to watch it ever.

But if you really think you have to watch the anime then
1. Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc
2. Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair
3. Read the Light Novel Danganronpa/Zero before or after playing Another episode.
4. Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
5. Danganronpa 3 Future Arc episode 1 --> Danganronpa 3 Despair Arc ep 1 --> Future Arc episode 2 and so on.
6. Danganronpa 3 Hope Arc
7. Super Dangan Ronpa 2.5: Nagito Komaeda and the Destroyer of the World
8. Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony
Dec 2, 2017 5:26 PM

Jun 2016
Moved from the Anime Discussion Board.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2013

436 by amychar »»
May 7, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ihateeveryone - Jul 4, 2013

559 by aramkqly »»
Mar 16, 4:04 AM

» how should i watch Danganronpa ?

TheAdo - Dec 29, 2016

19 by InstantRamenKing »»
Feb 9, 10:20 PM

» whats up with Kyoko Kirigiri hands?

EagleEd - Jan 13, 2018

5 by kaamsas »»
Jan 13, 7:04 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 5, 2013

148 by berlinza6as »»
Jan 7, 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.