The words behind are true
Nov 16, 2017 2:50 AM
Sep 2016
Nov 16, 2017 3:03 AM

Apr 2016
This is actually pain to watch.
Nov 16, 2017 3:14 AM

Sep 2017
The color scheme feels off, and it gives me a headache overall.

“If you live for yourself you’ve only got yourself to blame. So I can’t really blame anyone else and I don’t have any regrets.”

list

Nov 16, 2017 3:18 AM

Apr 2013
Seems like people do feel pain when they look at this, guess it works.
Nov 16, 2017 1:28 PM

Dec 2016
its fcked up...like Pain. if that was the effect u were going for then its good
Nov 16, 2017 4:41 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
Well for a signature it's waaaaaaaaay too big. And unless you're going for "optical illusion" effect the it's an eye sore.
Nov 16, 2017 6:34 PM
Jul 2018
too optical illusion-y
if you're going to add glitch effects, either use them as an overlay on the straight up original img or use them as the background to keep the hierarchy, something like this...

for the record, forum set dimensions are 100x125px for avatars and standard 420x150 or smaller for signatures. i use 419x150 to make my borders fit lel

but go to pinterest and use them for resources if you're looking to make an honest to god set, start by editing content you find rather than just doing everything 100% on your own, most people who make their sets use preexisting assets and combine/revitalize them, the problem with going too insane, i.e. this is that the effect comes across as harsh and unpleasant to the eyes, in this case bc it's in pieces. if using glitch effects, assure that you use them as either background noise or as blending overlays, and very minimally at that, and that it doesnt affect the image that's primarily considered hierarchical above the rest. adding a few basic ass shapes and text blocks doesn't hurt either. think of it as a massive collage, wherein you're having to assemble pieces to make them appear as a complete whole. that's what set making is to me

can you tell i'm a graphics student yet
still not super good at creating my own own content tho, i'm more of an editor / collage / typography gal, although i am enjoying my coursework.
removed-userNov 16, 2017 6:45 PM
Nov 17, 2017 11:43 AM
Sep 2016
nicethings said:
too optical illusion-y
if you're going to add glitch effects, either use them as an overlay on the straight up original img or use them as the background to keep the hierarchy, something like this...

for the record, forum set dimensions are 100x125px for avatars and standard 420x150 or smaller for signatures. i use 419x150 to make my borders fit lel

but go to pinterest and use them for resources if you're looking to make an honest to god set, start by editing content you find rather than just doing everything 100% on your own, most people who make their sets use preexisting assets and combine/revitalize them, the problem with going too insane, i.e. this is that the effect comes across as harsh and unpleasant to the eyes, in this case bc it's in pieces. if using glitch effects, assure that you use them as either background noise or as blending overlays, and very minimally at that, and that it doesnt affect the image that's primarily considered hierarchical above the rest. adding a few basic ass shapes and text blocks doesn't hurt either. think of it as a massive collage, wherein you're having to assemble pieces to make them appear as a complete whole. that's what set making is to me

can you tell i'm a graphics student yet
still not super good at creating my own own content tho, i'm more of an editor / collage / typography gal, although i am enjoying my coursework.
Interesting......Thanks for the Feed back!

More topics from this board

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

363 by nin-tendo »»
3 hours ago

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Yesterday, 6:15 AM

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - Apr 24

4 by Kinspie13 »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
Apr 24, 8:41 PM

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
Apr 24, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.