Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 11, 2017 1:11 PM

Sep 2008
Can you choose users like for "news team" who will post good quality reviews?
If somebody will want to write review, they can submit it and member of "review team" must approve it before it will show up for everybody.

Some reviews are good, but they can be posted in episode dissusion instead in reviews.
Some are from trolls want get attention.

Maybe if there will be some control, people resigned from posting bad/troll reviews, because only member of "review team" will see it.
Oct 11, 2017 1:14 PM

Oct 2014
> quality reviews
That sounds like partiality to new and good reviewers. So I am against it. Any kind of choosing and handpicking always leads to fights and more issues.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oct 14, 2017 9:12 AM

Sep 2016
That'll be difficult and time wasting. It also has bias included because someone may find something offensive when it actually isn't.

Here's another idea, add a 'Report review' button as well so you can report the review to the higher ups with a detailed explanation as to why it should be removed like "It's a troll". This helps make reviews go as smooth as they were before while also killing any chance of trolls making their move.
Oct 15, 2017 5:58 PM

May 2016
How about a 'hide' option for reviews when logged on? that way you can not spoil the show yourself by accident. Ofcourse you can also choose not to read them at all, but the tendecy is always there and you'll probably end up spoiling it for yourself
~ Nas, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Formerly known as:
~ Gokuvich, The "OG Bulgarian"~
Oct 15, 2017 9:52 PM

Oct 2014
This sounds far too elitist. Everyone needs a chance to share their opinion, even if their opinion is shit. If we did this then any anime no one on the review team has seen wouldn't have any reviews even if other members of the community would be willing to write one, which would be sad. All anime deserve to be reviewed, not just the popular ones.

A better system would be to have "top reviewers" who could be selected in a similar way and they would have a small banner stating that MAL has chosen them as being a good reviewer, but their reviews would be treated just like anyone else's so if the community thinks their review was shit it won't be at the top just because they're part of the team.
Oct 16, 2017 9:55 AM

Sep 2008
I thought like everyone could post reviews, but before it will show for everyone,
memeber of "review team" could "approve" it, if review doesn't meet basic criteria isn't added.

Right now, everyone can report reviews and somebody still need to check it out before deleted.
Or maybe MAL team check out every review which shows up on page?

Oct 16, 2017 10:28 AM

Jan 2014
I think that would be too stressful on the teams' parts.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Oct 16, 2017 10:38 AM

Sep 2017
I wonder how many /r or /a copy paste reviews will the mods get. Lol
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 16, 2017 11:45 AM

Jun 2015
You're forgetting the fact that said people will have to go slog through all the reviews: the good, the bad and the ugly.

Nobody's gonna wanna have that task.
Oct 16, 2017 4:19 PM
Mar 2008
Only problem i have with reviews is that there is a lot of 2/12 episodes reviews. It will be nice if only people with finished anime could write a review,the rest will be a previews or something like that.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Add list setting to make notes private (on public lists)

S_h_a_r_k_93 - Nov 12, 2022

25 by anonymate »»
Apr 24, 9:57 PM

» Add number of episodes and number of members in the advanced search.

Yacine2104 - Jan 10

8 by Alexioos95 »»
Apr 24, 12:26 PM

» Local Language districts

kuroneko99 - Apr 22

5 by Luchipher-Zen »»
Apr 23, 1:02 PM

Poll: » Change picture of favorite character ( 1 2 )

gehoti2822 - Nov 12, 2022

60 by AgravityBoy »»
Apr 23, 9:09 AM

» Corporate images

Noctisnox - May 15, 2023

19 by himanshi122 »»
Apr 19, 5:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.