Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Sep 29, 2017 3:48 PM
Sep 2017
Any news on a new season of Kuromukuro? I really enjoyed this series, I watched it at the end of 2016 and i've been waiting patiently ever since. I'm starting to lose hope that it'll ever happen. I know that the creation of more seasons for shows are all dependent on Japan sales. How did it do, if anyone knows?

I liked the way Kuromukuro ended as a season, but not as a series as a whole.
Sep 29, 2017 3:51 PM

Jan 2009
Kuromukuro has 1,578 average disc sales so it did not even meet the manabi line or break even profit line of 3000 disc sales http://www.someanithing.com/series-data-quick-view

so forget about a sequel

Nov 16, 2017 2:34 PM
Jan 2016
seniarittta said:

I liked the way Kuromukuro ended as a season, but not as a series as a whole.

i hope there's another series but even if there isn't i think it ended pretty well.
Jan 8, 2018 4:59 PM
Oct 2017
It ended on such a cliffhanger though, like four years had passed and yukina/others were going into space to get kennosuke back, plus it’s all anime original so they don’t need to worry about source material like manga or anything.
Jan 13, 2018 11:10 AM
May 2016
i am waiting for another season :(
Jan 13, 2018 4:43 PM
Aug 2010
isekai said:
Kuromukuro has 1,578 average disc sales so it did not even meet the manabi line or break even profit line of 3000 disc sales http://www.someanithing.com/series-data-quick-view

so forget about a sequel

Neither Kakegurui (776 sales), and that will be a second season... So have faith :)
Jan 13, 2018 4:58 PM

Jan 2009
rrbpower said:
isekai said:

so forget about a sequel

Neither Kakegurui (776 sales), and that will be a second season... So have faith :)

Kakegurui is an anime adaptation of an ongoing manga so i bet the manga sales increase a lot because of the anime thats why it will have an anime sequel

meanwhile Kuromokuro is an original anime with no source material to boost it sales
Jan 13, 2018 6:26 PM
Aug 2010
isekai said:
rrbpower said:

Kakegurui is an anime adaptation of an ongoing manga so i bet the manga sales increase a lot because of the anime thats why it will have an anime sequel

meanwhile Kuromokuro is an original anime with no source material to boost it sales

Well, I can't disagree with the manga issue, but if so we have to admit that anime with "exclusive" rights to streaming in addition to their profits in that environment, greatly decreases the physical sales. I think there are still chances of a third season.
Feb 6, 2018 6:55 PM
Nov 2014
So like.... Is this happening or do I gotta go back to watching NSync videos while eating ice cream?
Feb 25, 2018 2:27 AM
Aug 2017
Noooooo! I didn't realise this was Original! I thought it was based on a manga and came here to look it up again. I obviously got it confused with another show, shoot. So disappointed. I was looking forward to a more grown up cast and a taller more mature Yukina interacting with a 5 years younger Ken. That would have been hilarious. Sigh.

I saw this on Netflix and I'm glad I did. It had some stupid perv crap in it that irked the hell out of me but thank goodness it wasn't to much of a focus and it was only a few moments out of the show. Which allowed me to really enjoy the show and watch the characters grow into amazing people.

Though I still kind of want to punch Cam!Kid with his camera BS. He can be so detached from reality that he forgets to have empathy for the people around him......then we find out who his Dad was and it all made sense.

Also a diverse cast which was awesome. Sadly I haven't seen that in recent anime but then I am very selective so I may have missed them.
Mar 15, 2018 11:39 PM

Feb 2017
Vivir said:

It had some stupid perv crap in it that irked the hell out of me but thank goodness it wasn't to much of a focus and it was only a few moments out of the show.

This show had pervy stuff in it? This was probably the most tame anime I have ever seen.
Mar 16, 2018 3:34 PM
Aug 2017
Andigo said:
Vivir said:

It had some stupid perv crap in it that irked the hell out of me but thank goodness it wasn't to much of a focus and it was only a few moments out of the show.

This show had pervy stuff in it? This was probably the most tame anime I have ever seen.

Yes it did. That "teacher" for one. Usually she had normal clothes which was great but her design and the way she moved was a dead giveaway on how she would eventually appear later in the show. The not official, out of character "bathing suit" she wore during swim class (+3 teens) & the crap that came with it. The cosplay outfits she wore. I think there was one/two more but I can't remember at the moment.
The under age blonde pilot (forgot name) in ep1 or 2, when Ken was wrestled to the ground and accidentally grabbed her boob and the squeezing "gag" occurred. Shit like that is not funny. The creepy camera perv trying to get an upskirt shot of one of his female classmates and doesn't get punished for it, in anyway. His lack of empathy was frightening. I'm sure he was also commentary about selfie culture/social media obsessed and the dissociation from reality and emotion, like empathy and how desensitized they've become.
Anyways, I'm sure there are more moments but I can't remember them right now.

I hope you realize that just because this show is "tame" compared to certain other shows, that this is a big problem in anime and it has no business in a show like this.
Mar 16, 2018 10:00 PM

Feb 2017
I think your choosing the wrong medium to entertain yourself with.

Right... Your examples were tame... The fan service in this show was below average of all the anime Iv seen, and I dont watch ecchi shit.

As for anime having "this" problem... I really dont think it does... Maybe over used cliches? Japanese culture is different in the way it approaches things of sexual nature, and I commend them for it. As wrong as an up skirt pantie shot may be to a morally stable adult, really the curious nature of the act from a highschool boy is not world ending, as a trope it may be getting old... true, but if it offends you then id say lighten up. Also that creepy camera perv was just generally lacking of empathy, even unable to fear for his own life. Also there is nothing wrong with glorifying the human body (male or female) in a sexual way, as this victim crybaby culture we live in now would have you believe. There is a general standard or preference we have when it comes to what kind of human body traits are desirable. So in an animated sense I see nothing wrong with having characters with those traits. And nor should there be shame for it.

Usually I dont bother to comment on people complaining about these tropes being over used because they certainly are. It just irks me when I see people offended over things sexual, like we have some mass attack on sexuality or male or female desire. When really its the most natural and most important human trait we have. Also I was confused at your pervy comment because again this show is tame when it comes to these cliches that bugged you enough to stick in your head till the end.
Sep 20, 2020 12:26 PM

Apr 2018
They really build my interest at the end so I kinda want season 2 although I know that it won't be good.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2016

106 by gswelcome »»
Aug 19, 2023 9:54 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 26, 2016

66 by lisalosthername »»
Apr 24, 2023 3:24 AM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 4, 2016

46 by L01MK »»
Feb 3, 2023 3:50 PM

Poll: » Kuromukuro Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Apr 7, 2016

141 by Ronninn »»
Aug 29, 2022 1:32 AM

» 5 Years Anniversary Event

bastek66 - May 11, 2021

1 by Cabron »»
Mar 26, 2022 12:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.