Forum Settings
Forums

How do you deal with your anime addiction when you have no time?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 28, 2:56 PM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
When I have no time but I'm so curious about the newest episode of the anime I just watch anime via phone when I'm in bus or train, the screen is small yes but it's not bad if you're used to it actually :)

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
Mar 28, 3:22 PM

Nov 2017
Not being addict is the best way of the dealing with addiction.
Mar 28, 3:29 PM

May 2021
If I dont have time i just create time. easy

Mar 28, 3:55 PM

Mar 2021
MortalMelancholy said:
How do you deal with your anime addiction when you have no time?

Back in the early to mid 2000s I simply had no time in my life to really consume much Anime at all.

While I was lucky to have paid off college tuition by simply borrowing it from my rich parents (meaning I didn't have to pay any interest), I still had a new family to help take care of including a new born daughter.

My Wife and I were basically living day to day. Both of us working two part time jobs for the 1st few months after we got married till we both finally landed regular employment. At the time we lived close enough to my parents to babysit our daughter while both my wife and I worked, which really helped us out at 1st. Even that was temporary at least for me till I finally landed a job in commercial real estate (mainly because I kept failing the license bar a few times before I finally passed it). For over the 1st year in my new career I basically didn't consume a single episode of Anime at all.

Once I personally started making a considerable line of income, I was finding out I barely ever had much free time in my life at all to even enjoy any money I was making. So both my wife and I were being able to save up lots of money and even a considerable amount of what one would call disposable income which just kept adding up over time, simply because none of us were spending much on ourselves. Even My wife to this day barely spends much money on herself from a career where she actually brings in almost twice as much income than I do into our family. She is actually the bread winner of the household and I am mainly in charge of managing our funds and paying the bills. Just about half of everything we were making back then was also put into investments that grew a considerable amount over time too, which I was put in charge of that too.

So we got our 1st mortgage on a new house in the late 2000s (at an interest rate that seemed too good to be real because we paid it off in less than 5 years compared to some people I know who are likely still paying off their homes to this day) and we were even able to afford two new cars as well. At this point in time we were basically making the most money we have ever made in our lives. We were even able to afford to send our daughter to live with relatives in Japan to start primary school there. We even moved and bought a New home which we live in now.

So you might ask what did I end up doing all this time when I wasn't consuming Anime at all? I was simply just buying a ton of Anime on Physical media and collecting them like trading cards. I didn't even open up a majority of the new stuff I was buying and simply just put them at 1st on book shelves in our new home that just ended up collecting dust. I was sometimes buying up to two to three complete Anime series on DVD each week for almost a full decade. Some times brand new DVD disc sets to used copies of Anime Laserdiscs.

I wouldn't go as far to say I was addicted to Anime as much as I would say I just really missed having the free time to consume it like I use to when I was younger. Which brought me into this convenient hobby of simply just collecting Anime during a time period in my life I barely had time to even consume it.

To this day I still buy Anime on Physical media but my leisure time eventually expanded enough to actually enjoy Anime the way I use to when I was still in high school. Mainly due to being now self employed as a landlord leasing Luxury condos as temporary housing for wealthy corporate families and still making enough disposable income to enjoy Anime as a hobby.
ColourWheelMar 28, 5:08 PM
Mar 29, 8:50 AM

Jul 2013
I simply watch anime whenever I have the spare time.
Mar 29, 8:53 AM

Aug 2017
Ppl always have time, they are just lazy
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Mar 29, 10:00 AM

Mar 2023
I only watch anime on special occasions.
Mar 29, 5:04 PM

Jul 2013
There is actually such thing as anime addiction? I honestly didn't know that.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 3 hours ago

61 by Rhaelynne »»
47 seconds ago

» Why male characters tend to have more interesting personalities than female characters?

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

37 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
5 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Yesterday

67 by Oshieteoshiete4 »»
8 minutes ago

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - 9 hours ago

29 by Jackson1333 »»
10 minutes ago

» Criticism You Don't Understand. ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

66 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
10 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.