Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Jun 6, 2019 4:37 AM
Jun 2019
Season 2 is possible with how well the ln sells, but probably with a new studio and staff and will only succeed if they follow the ln as close as they can.Lerche probably thought they can get away making Horikita as the main girl, unfortunately they didn't realized that the 2 girls they shafted were more popular than Horikita.
Jun 12, 2019 7:42 AM
Nov 2017
zerozeronine said:
Season 2 is possible with how well the ln sells, but probably with a new studio and staff and will only succeed if they follow the ln as close as they can.Lerche probably thought they can get away making Horikita as the main girl, unfortunately they didn't realized that the 2 girls they shafted were more popular than Horikita.

Not possible rn. Hopefully another studio remakes the adaption. Lerche disappointed me.
Jun 12, 2019 7:44 AM
Nov 2017
ZaviourZeno said:
iamYuyaSakaki said:
Yall are crying too much. So the anime focused a lot on Horikita the most, but I feel like they showcased the other girls for a good amount too. There were no real important girl that was neglected.

Horikita was focused cause she's the main character with the most ambitions and trying for the class to get together and move up in rank. The ep 7 change from LN, well I don't read the LN, but what's such a big problem? First of all, Ayanokoji already admitted in the anime that he's not part of Karuizawa's group. Second, Karuizawa is already taken, she has a BF and that's Hirata, why would you want Ayanokoji to develop with Karuizawa. I think Horikita for the role was even more correct. Karuizawa is a good side character, I like her too, same with the other girls, and she adds on to the adoration as part of class D, much like Assassination Classroom.

The camping further developed between Ayanokoji and Horikita and was the right path. Ichinose had good screentime, and she was there when Class D needed help from start to end. Great character. Ayanokoji was done perfectly!

As I finished the anime, I find the anime only got even more likeable, better, and interesting, from 9 to 10. Only thing could be complained was Sudo didn't really learn his lesson, but some people never learn. For all the complaints, I think it's just stupid.

Lerche did a fantastic job and now my most favorite studio! Their art is really one of my favorites too, cute and pretty characters !!! SEASON 2 IS WHAT I WANT !!!!!

Dude you are one of the guys who understand the worth of this Studio. Granted that they didn't execute it well but the anime was an eye candy in general. Even though it was off point, I believe it was way better than most of the anime's coming out now a days...I have bought the English translation and read it, it's quite good and BUT I think that the anime has a charm of its own. I mean just look at the graphics, music, character design, they are flawless for me.
People speaking ill of the studio's should remember that it is the studio That made Assassination Classroom and Scums Wish. And in general I wouldn't mind waiting for the next season for the next 5 years to be true...in the mean time I will collect and read the LN .
People should watch Look anime's such as Tokyo Ghoul Re Season 2 and then they will come to know the horror of a poor adaptation for lovely manga😢(tbh it was my favourite manga till now but the anime ruined my mood) so appreciating is more important than criticising.👍🏻

I dont blame u. The autistic studios just did nothing to make the adaption good. I dont think there’s gonna be a remake of tokyo ghoul. So nothing we can do
Jun 24, 2019 12:53 PM
Jul 2017
Well, i like Horikita.. idk why you guys don't like her. I wish from the 1st episode for her to get into relationship with MC. Anime can has a season 2, with Horikita as main girl instead of Kushida, for me it's not a big deal if they swap roles between anime and LN. Still wish for season 2 and a relationship for them.
Dec 13, 2019 4:51 PM
Dec 2019
Bogdan_Anton said:
Well, i like Horikita.. idk why you guys don't like her. I wish from the 1st episode for her to get into relationship with MC. Anime can has a season 2, with Horikita as main girl instead of Kushida, for me it's not a big deal if they swap roles between anime and LN. Still wish for season 2 and a relationship for them.

Not gonna happen. Horikita does not even trust Ayanokouji and their relationship are purely for cooperation. Ayanokouji no longer hangs out with Horikita and her gang (Sudou, Ike, [Yamauchi is already expelled).
Dec 15, 2019 6:45 AM
Dec 2013
GSFT said:
Is seems like some people here only focused to eps 7 as the reason. Well, I likes Karuizawa, especially when she didn't betray Ayanokouji and reveal his existense even after Ryuuen mocked, bullied, and revealed to her that she is being manipulated by Ayanokouji ever since the beginning.

But this anime can't be said bad just because episode 7 onwards. This anime is based on the first three volumes, where Horikita is still very important (she isn't really that important since volume 4). While I hate it very much when episode 7 is different from the LN, you should realized that episode is based on volume 4.5 (just a compilation of many stories).

They can fix this anime if Horikita is cast asided in 2nd season, and instead focus to other female characters.

Amen to this.

All i see are predominantly hate posts here. What is not to look forward to a 2nd season of this great series? I mean, I watched the anime before i read the LN. If it weren't for the anime, I wouldn't be interested in this series in any way. And I really think they did a good job in this anime. Perhaps sometimes, a little ignorance can help you see things in the positive light and appreciate good stuff a little bit more.

While being faithful to the source material is better in more ways than one (and i would certainly prefer it more that way), having content altered a bit ain't bad at all especially if the aim is to get more people to be interested. Perhaps makers are trying to get more audience (I included), not appease existing fans.
Dec 31, 2019 11:00 AM

Feb 2018
Prexsy said:
I wont get into much detail here, but basically the reason this anime will most likely not get a season 2 is because, well, Japan is pissed.

If you read the LN im sure youd be pissed as well, I am too. This anime could of been amazing, it had great potential which is why people hate the fact that they screwed it up. Let me explain a little.

The problem is the anime adaptation is like 100x worst than the LN. It feels like Lerche thought this anime was only getting 1 season so they kind of just... made the anime how he wants?

But lets get into why Japan is pissed. Basically they all are hating Horikita right now (especially after episode 7). Why? She's stealing every other female character's spotlight. Lets take episode 8 for example (I was really pissed this episide). I was happy today expecting to see some deveolpment between Ayanokoji and Ichinose (Class b girl). But no, instead we get more Horikita. Honestly she's starting to get annoying at this point. Not only me, but everyone in Japan was excited for this. Also, dont mind my all caps here, THEY DECIDED TO COMPLETELY TAKE OUT THE AYANOKOJI AND KARUIZAWA ARC! I was pissed. You remember the episide when Horikita gave that cringey ass speech? That episode was supposed to be for Ayanokoji and Karuizawa, but no lets just give it to Horikita. Those two were supposed to have an intimate and memorial moment but they completely left her out of it. I was really looking forward to that, and so was Japan. Theres more but ill end that there.

Next let talk about the annoying 3 stooges. Ya know Sudo and his 2 friends? Well they are getting too much screen time. All this screen time being wasted on them could be used for the MCs development. Ayanokoji is pretty much carrying this show right now, which wouldn't be happening if they didn't waste valuable screen time on these lame asses and Horikita and used it for Ayanokoji and the other female characters. Like what was the point of wasting 5 minutes watching Ike tell Kushida can he call her by her given name? All 3 of them are annoying characters that get to much screen time. I get it, Sudo is a hot headed fucker, you dont have to tell me every episode. I swear this anime could of been so much better.

Next is the fucking fanservice. There was one episode that felt like a damn ova. Just like the 3 stooges, fanservice is taking up too much valuable screen time. Every likes some fanservice if course, but not when its fucking the anime over. Anyone who can control their libido knows that.

Also, as you know, anime getting a next season depends on the producers and the sales in Japan. Welp, it aint looking too good. The sales were doing ok (not good not bad) but after the release of episode 7 and 8, the guys in Japan have been boycotting the BD reservations for this anime. They are completely pissed and expected a lot more out of this anime. Im pretty sure this wont get another season especially after I found out what hapoened in Japan.

To sum this up, Japan is pissed, they fucked the anime adaptation over, and the sales are starting to do bad in Japan now. I had very high hopes for this anime, but I'm very disappointed in Lerche.

This was typed on my phone so please excuse any spelling errors :p

If theres something I missed feel free to say so.

In the novel the 3 idiots are sidelined after volume 4-5,
I really like the new study/friend group much better than the 3 idiots one!!!
'I have no bonds tying me down. That's why I can see things as they are!!' - Yugami
Jan 1, 2020 5:00 PM
Aug 2018
This one is good to me.
Now finished rewatching.

I don't read LN/Manga much. So I have no headache about those.

And for MC, in anime, he thinks everyone as tool. So , it doesn't matter who is main girl. Personally,I didn't like Kushida character.

But anime 10/10 - for mastermind MC
Jan 6, 2020 3:04 AM

Apr 2014
Wow dude, you are so cool. You and your Japan is really cool reading the LN and be pissed on the anime. So cool.
Jan 11, 2020 7:13 PM

Jul 2014
Whatever the reason is, i still hope this anime getting new season..
Feb 19, 2020 8:08 PM
Oct 2012
I do agree that eps 7 was a pointless and lazy addition from the producer, because there is no reason for them to waste one episode for something that isn't supposed to happen YET. Thats the main reason why Karuizawa got replaced, because her arc havent even happened.

But as for why Ichinose was replaced by Horikita, I have completely no clue. Suppose for argument sake that it is because anime's limited time... then why they decided to add eps 7, a FUTURE arc, and wasted that one potential episode that could have been used for more screen time of second arc, is beyond me.

The only explanation that I can think of is that the producer is being a dickhead and prioritizes FANSERVICES more than anything, looking at how the anime emphasizes female characters boobs more than once. But still, I do hope some other studio will take this and make a second season, like how Oregairu did.

Edit : There's also Sakayanagi's appearance this early, when shes supposed to only appear later on, and theres also some butchered characterization of Sudou. The producer really did do everything he wanted, I just hope their studio did get author's permission for all these edits in the anime. Rewatching this anime after finishing the available English translated light novel reminds me heavily of a certain arc at Shirobako lol.
tornberryzFeb 19, 2020 8:16 PM
Feb 26, 2020 4:04 AM
Feb 2020
tanmoy107 said:
This one is good to me.
Now finished rewatching.

I don't read LN/Manga much. So I have no headache about those.

And for MC, in anime, he thinks everyone as tool. So , it doesn't matter who is main girl. Personally,I didn't like Kushida character.

But anime 10/10 - for mastermind MC

Because it's not Kushida. It's Karuizawa. Dropped the LN because of some developments. Didn't like it.
Apr 7, 2020 3:16 AM
Jun 2016
Prexsy said:
I wont get into much detail here, but basically the reason this anime will most likely not get a season 2 is because, well, Japan is pissed.

If you read the LN im sure youd be pissed as well, I am too. This anime could of been amazing, it had great potential which is why people hate the fact that they screwed it up. Let me explain a little.

The problem is the anime adaptation is like 100x worst than the LN. It feels like Lerche thought this anime was only getting 1 season so they kind of just... made the anime how he wants?

But lets get into why Japan is pissed. Basically they all are hating Horikita right now (especially after episode 7). Why? She's stealing every other female character's spotlight. Lets take episode 8 for example (I was really pissed this episide). I was happy today expecting to see some deveolpment between Ayanokoji and Ichinose (Class b girl). But no, instead we get more Horikita. Honestly she's starting to get annoying at this point. Not only me, but everyone in Japan was excited for this. Also, dont mind my all caps here, THEY DECIDED TO COMPLETELY TAKE OUT THE AYANOKOJI AND KARUIZAWA ARC! I was pissed. You remember the episide when Horikita gave that cringey ass speech? That episode was supposed to be for Ayanokoji and Karuizawa, but no lets just give it to Horikita. Those two were supposed to have an intimate and memorial moment but they completely left her out of it. I was really looking forward to that, and so was Japan. Theres more but ill end that there.

Next let talk about the annoying 3 stooges. Ya know Sudo and his 2 friends? Well they are getting too much screen time. All this screen time being wasted on them could be used for the MCs development. Ayanokoji is pretty much carrying this show right now, which wouldn't be happening if they didn't waste valuable screen time on these lame asses and Horikita and used it for Ayanokoji and the other female characters. Like what was the point of wasting 5 minutes watching Ike tell Kushida can he call her by her given name? All 3 of them are annoying characters that get to much screen time. I get it, Sudo is a hot headed fucker, you dont have to tell me every episode. I swear this anime could of been so much better.

Next is the fucking fanservice. There was one episode that felt like a damn ova. Just like the 3 stooges, fanservice is taking up too much valuable screen time. Every likes some fanservice if course, but not when its fucking the anime over. Anyone who can control their libido knows that.

Also, as you know, anime getting a next season depends on the producers and the sales in Japan. Welp, it aint looking too good. The sales were doing ok (not good not bad) but after the release of episode 7 and 8, the guys in Japan have been boycotting the BD reservations for this anime. They are completely pissed and expected a lot more out of this anime. Im pretty sure this wont get another season especially after I found out what hapoened in Japan.

To sum this up, Japan is pissed, they fucked the anime adaptation over, and the sales are starting to do bad in Japan now. I had very high hopes for this anime, but I'm very disappointed in Lerche.

What to say??? 😑😕😔 It sucks so fucking hard and hurts so fucking deep, when great series' like this get butchered by incompetent fanboy directors, cunningly aiming for mere LN promotion, instead of a faithful great adaptation! Especially, it's really hard for artists and writers like me in the fandom, to gulp this down our throats, the harsh possibility of a not seeing a REMAKE or a 2nd season of such a great series!😭😭😭

Hey, anybody, is there even a remote
chance of this getting any kind of continuation or a reboot?(Since, this series LN is surprisingly popular in Japan) As, I've heard that many such series get their well deserving remakes...😟😞😧
TheAcefromFutureApr 7, 2020 3:19 AM
Apr 15, 2020 6:40 AM
Mar 2020
Horikita didn’t do much after all y’all just trying too hate too much on this anime which is lame because who cares about the LN I mean most of the times it surpasses the adaptation same thing goes for oregairu they didn’t provide enough room to develop the character of MC but it’s just how it is with adapting it always deviates from the OG work
May 1, 2020 1:25 PM
Aug 2018
This is funny. I was wandering why people hated the anime. I mean, I understand those who read couldn't help but hate the deviation from the main story but what I still don't get is,why the fuck would you watch this for romance? (I write this as someone who didn't read the LN of course). I thought the main line of the story here was to depict the life of logical and calculating beings independently of who the love or any shit.

You can't tell me the story was as bad as Masamune-kun's Revenge!

And I have to say I hate harem based stories and ecchi. There are girls or wives IRL for that.
May 1, 2020 5:18 PM
Jan 2015
Seriously...really why are pissed? Personally I thought the anime was great. I’m happy for once since this anime isn’t a harem anime with a ton of perverted scenes. So really a you really hoping for another stupid harem anime. If you want one of those then watch one there are hundreds of them. Hundreds of those stupid harem anime with no plot whatsoever, so pick one and watch it. Don’t get mad because the anime industry decided to not make a harem anime for once. Personally I wish they would make more anime like this. You and everyone else who is angry are incapable of a real anime that has an actual plot. So please go find other anime if you cannot appreciate this one.

P.S.
Karizawa has a boyfriend! Why would you ship her with Ayanokouji! Leave the couple be.
May 2, 2020 10:10 PM
Dec 2017
ANYONE hearing the rumours for a Season 2 in September. I saw it first thing in the morning and jumped in a gung-ho matter. Man, I want Season 2 so badly 😭😭😭
May 3, 2020 8:36 AM
Sep 2013
ZaviourZeno said:
ANYONE hearing the rumours for a Season 2 in September. I saw it first thing in the morning and jumped in a gung-ho matter. Man, I want Season 2 so badly 😭😭😭
Hey yes I saw some info about it on https://news.otakukart.com/050501/classroom-of-the-elite-season-2-release-date-cast-spoilers-and-update-details/amp/ . Now I think it is a slighty possibility that we get 2nd season of this anime. I'm waiting for 2 season since I ended watch 1st season XD. I was wondering how the story in 2nd season will go and how much information we get about Ayanokoji's past to understand MC a little.
May 4, 2020 3:36 AM
Dec 2017
AnimePL said:
ZaviourZeno said:
Hey yes I saw some info about it on https://news.otakukart.com/050501/classroom-of-the-elite-season-2-release-date-cast-spoilers-and-update-details/amp/ . Now I think it is a slighty possibility that we get 2nd season of this anime. I'm waiting for 2 season since I ended watch 1st season XD. I was wondering how the story in 2nd season will go and how much information we get about Ayanokoji's past to understand MC a little.

i believe Lerche Studio's SHOULD give a season 2 because it's very similar to Assassination Classroom, meaning the anime would do wonders. Toilet bound Hanako-kun, the last anime by Lerche Studio's was good but not the level of Classroom of the Elite. They should get back and start with the anime already. No use if you gonna keep it in the bag.
May 4, 2020 5:34 AM

Aug 2018
ct_anime said:

P.S.
Karizawa has a boyfriend! Why would you ship her with Ayanokouji! Leave the couple be.

Ayanokoji is her current boyfriend dude.
May 7, 2020 5:22 PM
Jan 2015
Devil_King98 said:
ct_anime said:

P.S.

In the light novel or anime? Cause Hirata is her boyfriend in the anime
May 13, 2020 7:21 AM

Dec 2010
ct_anime said:
Devil_King98 said:

In the novel Kei and Kiyo are a couple as of 11.5 I think.

Hirata and Kei are a fake couple for convenience. They have no feelings for each other, as opposed to Kei and Kiyo.
May 13, 2020 12:19 PM
Jan 2015
booyah10 said:
ct_anime said:

In the novel Kei and Kiyo are a couple as of 11.5 I think.

Hirata and Kei are a fake couple for convenience. They have no feelings for each other, as opposed to Kei and Kiyo.

Thank you for the clarification! I read some of the manga that I found online since I cannot find the light novel. I still would like to read it, since the manga I found only goes up to volume 7.
May 28, 2020 11:59 AM

Dec 2012
terraluna said:
This is funny. I was wandering why people hated the anime. I mean, I understand those who read couldn't help but hate the deviation from the main story but what I still don't get is,why the fuck would you watch this for romance? (I write this as someone who didn't read the LN of course). I thought the main line of the story here was to depict the life of logical and calculating beings independently of who the love or any shit.

You can't tell me the story was as bad as Masamune-kun's Revenge!

And I have to say I hate harem based stories and ecchi. There are girls or wives IRL for that.

So true. It's ridiculous that people are mad over the fact that the MC wasn't the only male in the story. If the class has girls and boys in it, then it's only logical that girls AND boys should be getting screen time. The MC doesn't need to be dating every character that's ever mentioned.
I was glad that they chose to characterize some of the male students as well.
Jul 3, 2020 11:50 AM
Nov 2017
The production house can just fix all the flaws and re- release as fresh one kinda "directors'cut" sorta, it might save everything they lost instead of regretting- "just saying though"
Aug 2, 2020 5:07 PM
Nov 2019
*Pls note this is my bais personal opinion*
I am probably one of the few people who enjoyed the anime, even though I've read the light novel. But personally I like what studio Lerche did. They went over ever necessary plot point of the first 3 volumes and added a beach episode (I know it's at a pool, but you know what I mean). Though I am aware they skipped some important details but it's nothing that affects the plot so I'm okay with it. And for those of you who are pissed that Horikita got a lot of screen time, considering how much she appeared in the light novel, I'd say yeah. And I feel like all the other girls got a sufficient amount of screen time *Light Novel fans shouting at me* But what about Kei and Kiyotaka relationship, they're supposed to be together Kei X Kiyo for life.

Sorry Light Novel fans but that happens later down the line in Volume 7 I think so yeah.

Personally I preferred the way the anime did things, such as how it was revealed that Kishida hates Horikita, how emotionless Kiyotaka is as compared to the light novel. Everytime he show emtion it felt out of character for me. (for those who say he's boring because he's emotionless I'd like to ask do you prefer the cliched nice guy, stupid nice guy, oblivious nice guy, perverted nice guy, masochist nice guy, overpowered isekai black haired nice guy or harem nice guy. For me amidst all this same old same old Highschool protagonist Kiyotaka Ayanokōji is a breath of fresh air for me.)

So yeah in conclusion I think that there should be a second season, cause I believe that if happens, Studio Lerche will iron out everything.
Thank you and don't get triggered but merely disagree with my statement and reply to it humanly
Aug 9, 2020 2:35 AM
Jan 2011
I thought a second season was announced?
Aug 9, 2020 2:41 AM
Jun 2020
Ah yes, another manga purist once again telling that the anime adaptation sucked some hardcore asshole. Classic!
Oct 7, 2020 3:02 AM
Lady of Floofs

Jan 2010
All I read is that this show should be first on the list to be the next candidate for the "Fruits Basket" treatment :)

Sadly that might take a while. Because it's too recent for that probably.
MALGRAPH____
Oct 18, 2020 7:51 PM

Oct 2020
iamYuyaSakaki said:
Yall are crying too much. So the anime focused a lot on Horikita the most, but I feel like they showcased the other girls for a good amount too. There were no real important girl that was neglected.

Horikita was focused cause she's the main character with the most ambitions and trying for the class to get together and move up in rank. The ep 7 change from LN, well I don't read the LN, but what's such a big problem? First of all, Ayanokoji already admitted in the anime that he's not part of Karuizawa's group. Second, Karuizawa is already taken, she has a BF and that's Hirata, why would you want Ayanokoji to develop with Karuizawa. I think Horikita for the role was even more correct. Karuizawa is a good side character, I like her too, same with the other girls, and she adds on to the adoration as part of class D, much like Assassination Classroom.

The camping further developed between Ayanokoji and Horikita and was the right path. Ichinose had good screentime, and she was there when Class D needed help from start to end. Great character. Ayanokoji was done perfectly!

As I finished the anime, I find the anime only got even more likeable, better, and interesting, from 9 to 10. Only thing could be complained was Sudo didn't really learn his lesson, but some people never learn. For all the complaints, I think it's just stupid.

Lerche did a fantastic job and now my most favorite studio! Their art is really one of my favorites too, cute and pretty characters !!! SEASON 2 IS WHAT I WANT !!!!!
yes, for those of you who only watch anime and don't read LN, maybe you think there is no problem, but for us, the LN reader is clearly a messy story, you can't compare anime that is clearly rubbish like that with LN which is a masterpiece, the anime is not selling well and is boycotted by Japanese fans while LN is always in the top 10 best-selling LN.

and Horikita's popularity is also not too high among LN readers, unlike Kei which is the most favorite female LN character 2019 defeating Sakurajima mai and mikasa mikoto and Kei has always been in the top 10 for 2 years while Horikita has never been in the top 10 list of favorite female characters so far.
Snow_dropindo99Oct 18, 2020 7:54 PM
Oct 18, 2020 8:04 PM

Oct 2020
xsilicon9 said:
season 2 is difficult to happen if the anime has not been remake because there are many things that are different from LN, starting from the nature of Horikita which Kuudere changed to Tsundere, the cctv scene and the swimming pool that should belong to Ichinose and Kei and not Horikita, and especially eps 7 there are lots of mistakes The pool scene should not have existed because it was in vol 4, while the anime only adapted until vol 3, even Kinugasa as author was angry at the director because there were some scenes that did not suit LN.

Don't get your hopes up there will be a season 2 because the bad relationship between the author and the studio and the boycott made by Japanese fans makes BD not sell, I suggest you just read LN even LN now the story is very exciting now it's entered the second years vol 3.
Oct 22, 2020 5:41 AM

Jan 2020
iamYuyaSakaki said:

You didn’t read the Light Novels and it shows, they didn’t showcased the other girls nearly enough just because you like Horikita the most shouldn’t blind your judgment, Lerche cut out multiple important arc ruining a bunch of the other characters including the mcs development, don’t ask for a second season while praising the horrible adaptation they did for season 1, the things you said about Karuizawa make you sound so dumb just read the light novels because everyone who has is laughing at how wrong you are. The lerche art style and animation was good I’ll give you that I enjoyed it but the adaptation from the source material was horrible and that’s not even subjective it’s a straight up fact, don’t try to defend it if you haven’t read the original source.
Oct 26, 2020 9:40 PM
Jan 2011
Snow_dropindo99 said:
xsilicon9 said:
season 2 is difficult to happen if the anime has not been remake because there are many things that are different from LN, starting from the nature of Horikita which Kuudere changed to Tsundere, the cctv scene and the swimming pool that should belong to Ichinose and Kei and not Horikita, and especially eps 7 there are lots of mistakes The pool scene should not have existed because it was in vol 4, while the anime only adapted until vol 3, even Kinugasa as author was angry at the director because there were some scenes that did not suit LN.

Don't get your hopes up there will be a season 2 because the bad relationship between the author and the studio and the boycott made by Japanese fans makes BD not sell, I suggest you just read LN even LN now the story is very exciting now it's entered the second years vol 3.

Tokyo Ghoul,Rosario Vampire did the same nonsense. I don't know why they try to create another story from the light novel. Always messing it up.
Nov 1, 2020 4:13 AM
Jul 2018
Awww, I kinda liked the anime. I do think the others should've had a chance at the spotlight, maybe if there had been more episodes?

If there will ever be a Season 2 or even a remake, I will watch it.
Nov 23, 2020 2:18 AM
Nov 2020
I hope that if lerche decide to make season 2, it is better to focus on the karuizawa kei characters and others like in LN
Nov 29, 2020 5:53 AM
Nov 2011
I really liked this anime as well. Never read the LN, I admit the 3 idiots were.... idiots and my favorite girl was Sakura... I wish the island didn’t take up so much of the series and that we had more time in school. 24 episodes would have been nice. I would definitely like multiple seasons of this but people are mentioning romance with Kei, but she was hooked up with Hinata... did that not happen in the LN? Ichinose was a close second for me. This series had a ton of potential. I’d love to see it explored
Dec 9, 2020 9:23 PM

Aug 2017
I actually really liked how the anime deviated from the light novel (LN reader here). Instead of having a dozen girls going after him and developing feelings for him, the director decided to stick with just one heroine and develop their relationship. I personally never am a fan of the emotionless persona, but Ayanokouji actually has conviction, he is straight forward and doesn't like taking shit from others. He still has goals, which keeps him apart from the emotionless type in the anime world.
Nevertheless

Changing the heroine shouldn't warrant getting this much flack from the fanbase. The anime community as always can be so childish on the simplest of things. Its disappointing. I was actually liking how they were going on about the romance in the anime compared to the LN, which in order to pander to the fanbase, changed many characters' personality traits.

WillHawkins said:
You didn’t read the Light Novels and it shows, they didn’t showcased the other girls nearly enough just because you like Horikita the most shouldn’t blind your judgment, Lerche cut out multiple important arc ruining a bunch of the other characters including the mcs development, don’t ask for a second season while praising the horrible adaptation they did for season 1, the things you said about Karuizawa make you sound so dumb just read the light novels because everyone who has is laughing at how wrong you are. The lerche art style and animation was good I’ll give you that I enjoyed it but the adaptation from the source material was horrible and that’s not even subjective it’s a straight up fact, don’t try to defend it if you haven’t read the original source.

As someone who has read the LN, it was straight up a disappointment for me. I think Kei fans like you are the ones who are the most biased and don't like the anime simply because it didn't have her as the main heroine. Not the other way around.
glemarailleDec 9, 2020 9:36 PM
Dec 11, 2020 5:30 PM

Oct 2020
Junling said:
I actually really liked how the anime deviated from the light novel (LN reader here). Instead of having a dozen girls going after him and developing feelings for him, the director decided to stick with just one heroine and develop their relationship. I personally never am a fan of the emotionless persona, but Ayanokouji actually has conviction, he is straight forward and doesn't like taking shit from others. He still has goals, which keeps him apart from the emotionless type in the anime world.
Nevertheless

Changing the heroine shouldn't warrant getting this much flack from the fanbase. The anime community as always can be so childish on the simplest of things. Its disappointing. I was actually liking how they were going on about the romance in the anime compared to the LN, which in order to pander to the fanbase, changed many characters' personality traits.

WillHawkins said:

As someone who has read the LN, it was straight up a disappointment for me. I think Kei fans like you are the ones who are the most biased and don't like the anime simply because it didn't have her as the main heroine. Not the other way around.
You might like it but not in the majority, if anime is really great like you said why this anime didn't sell and was boycotted by Japanese fans ?? You know that means they hate failed anime adaptations while LN is always in the top 10 bestsellers in Japan.

one more thing, you say the Kei fans are the ones who are the most biased and don't like the anime simply because it didn't have her as the main heroine LMAO, so can I say the same to you, that you as Horikita fans who are the most biased and don't like the LN just because she is not the girl who was with Ayanokouji in LN XD
Jan 7, 2021 8:33 AM

Sep 2019
It somewhat makes sense if we disregard LN continuity and assume they just planned one anime season to promote LN sales. Reception on MAL was mostly positive because 99% of audience here either read LN after anime or haven't read it at all which allows a luxury of having different perspective.

Still it was disrespectful to the source material and very shortsighted considering they now need to reboot the entire thing to make new anime.
Jan 10, 2021 10:17 PM

Aug 2017
Snow_dropindo99 said:
You might like it but not in the majority, if anime is really great like you said why this anime didn't sell and was boycotted by Japanese fans ?? You know that means they hate failed anime adaptations while LN is always in the top 10 bestsellers in Japan.

one more thing, you say the Kei fans are the ones who are the most biased and don't like the anime simply because it didn't have her as the main heroine LMAO, so can I say the same to you, that you as Horikita fans who are the most biased and don't like the LN just because she is not the girl who was with Ayanokouji in LN XD

I simply don't like the LN anymore because it's turning in to a school romance harem, lmao. It was interesting before, but now it just feels like a typical waifu bait story. Its still immature to boycott something just because you didn't like how it turned out. I didn't boycott the LN just because Horikita wasn't the heroine. That's exactly what Kei fans did.
Jan 11, 2021 1:02 AM

Oct 2020
Junling said:
Snow_dropindo99 said:

I simply don't like the LN anymore because it's turning in to a school romance harem, lmao. It was interesting before, but now it just feels like a typical waifu bait story. Its still immature to boycott something just because you didn't like how it turned out. I didn't boycott the LN just because Horikita wasn't the heroine. That's exactly what Kei fans did.
Are you joking??

even the story of LN is better than anime that is clearly trash, the boycott here is more appreciative of the original source,kinugasa as a Author was betrayed by studio here he did not get notification that the director changed the story a lot and did not follow LN, obviously he was angry, and why boycott LN LOL, Are you crazy?? it has absolutely nothing to do with it, what is the reason for boycotting LN LOL, because since the beginning COTE has had many heroines and every Vol the heroine will change, so you are only Horikita fans who are jealous here, you are immature here XD
Nobara98Jan 11, 2021 8:51 PM
Jan 11, 2021 1:26 AM

Oct 2020
Junling said:
Snow_dropindo99 said:

You really don't understand what I mean here, I doubt you read LN, it looks like you are just pretending to be an LN reader, the boycott done by Japanese fans is correct because this is more appreciative of Author who have been betrayed by the studio, After the boycott, LN sales increased dramatically and LN was always in the top 10 best-selling LN, and How do you assume Kei fans did the boycott?? LOL even this boycott was carried out before Kei and Ayanokouji romantic relationship was shown, so that's not the reason this is purely because they were disappointed with the anime adaptation that didn't follow LN including Horikita's character who was originally Kuudere was changed to Tsundere.
Jan 11, 2021 8:15 PM

Nov 2019
Junling said:
Snow_dropindo99 said:

I can see what you mean about it slowly becoming a harem, but the story is still as good as ever. In fact it's getting better imo. If the harem is gonna turn you off from the main plot, then i don't know what you liked about this series in the first place. The special exams and characters are still as well written as ever.
Jan 11, 2021 9:03 PM

Oct 2020
ExcaliburAO said:
Junling said:

I can see what you mean about it slowly becoming a harem, but the story is still as good as ever. In fact it's getting better imo. If the harem is gonna turn you off from the main plot, then i don't know what you liked about this series in the first place. The special exams and characters are still as well written as ever.
Yeah you're right, the story is better in LN and there are lots of good characters who have gotten development , but because the director messed up the anime and doesn't follow LN, it's really hard to see everything come true.
Jan 11, 2021 9:28 PM

Nov 2019
Nobara98 said:
ExcaliburAO said:

Yeah you're right, the story is better in LN and there are lots of good characters who have gotten development , but because the director messed up the anime and doesn't follow LN, it's really hard to see everything come true.

I was responding to him not liking the current state of the novel, but yeah I agree the anime messed it up a little. The most glaring issue, for me, is that in the anime the class size is 25 when in the novel it is 40. I hope they make a redo.
Jan 11, 2021 10:55 PM

Oct 2020
ExcaliburAO said:
Nobara98 said:

I was responding to him not liking the current state of the novel, but yeah I agree the anime messed it up a little. The most glaring issue, for me, is that in the anime the class size is 25 when in the novel it is 40. I hope they make a redo.
Yeah that's also my hope, I hope there are studios that are interested in making a remake, It's a shame because LN gets high ratings.
Jan 17, 2021 6:53 AM

Jan 2020
Can someone lock this thread already it’s literally just a bunch of people repeating the same thing
Jan 25, 2021 2:25 AM
Jan 2021
People who are anime only enjoyed the anime but you guys reading the LN are the cry babies because your favourite girl isn’t the main character in the anime
Jan 26, 2021 4:06 AM
Feb 2020
Prexsy said:

I haven't read the LNs as of yet, but I have to agree the anime adaption must've been horrible. I watched it based on all the hype of the LNs and people saying the anime was great and has a high rating. I spent 12 episodes waiting for it to be worthy of all the hype. Its just another example of how adaptations suck and that goes for anything that is based off books. Studios are too concerned with budget. There are quite a few that if they had stretched put the number of episodes the animes couldve been way better. I'm not sure if Japan is pissed per se though since its their studios who do the adaptations. If anything, I would say its the authors who are pissed that their work was basically desecrated and they won't sign off on a second season.
Jan 28, 2021 11:57 PM
Feb 2019
Damn this is pretty sad, I read the LN cause I thought there wouldnt be a sequel and I made sure to read it from the start cause of what people said like the adaptation was shit and all that but honestly I didnt see that much difference in the LN from the anime, so why are you all hating on the anime?
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 27, 2017

525 by Fatephile »»
Yesterday, 3:32 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2017

210 by Bunnix21 »»
Apr 30, 12:21 PM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 26, 2017

358 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 30, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 19, 2017

222 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 29, 10:18 AM

Poll: » Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu e (TV) Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

vicexxv - Jul 1, 2017

341 by SanessyAdversary »»
Apr 29, 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.