Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Mar 17, 2010 2:10 PM

Feb 2010
Hell Yes I'm Proud of being an Anime Otaku, I'm also proud of being an Star Trek " Klingon " Otaku, and a Battlestar Galactica Otaku, and a Southern Pacific Passenger Train Otaku.

See, There are many ways you can be an OTAKU!!

Oh and if I'm teased by someone, I'll hit them square on the noggin with:
The Encyclopedia Galactica
or The Star Trek Encyclopedia,
an Anime List Book.
" Don't beg for things, Do it Yourself, Or You won't get anything!! "-Adrock Thurston
Mar 17, 2010 3:08 PM

Aug 2007
Proud? no, Im not proud, Im happy to be an otaku, bu not proud.
Mar 17, 2010 3:15 PM

Nov 2009
ezikialrage said:
Giving it some cult like status by dressing up as cartoon characters,using terms from the shows, using the several Japanese words you learned and trying to relate anime to reality is just going to make anime fans look like Star Wars and Trekkie nerds.

Well, i have to disagree and say there isnt anything wrong with cosplay, its just a fun hobby that alot of people like to do to show their love of anime. To judge that and deam it "bad" and to say that it gives it a "cult like status" is quite absurd.
Mar 17, 2010 4:44 PM

Aug 2009
FlameAlchemist12 said:
ezikialrage said:
Giving it some cult like status by dressing up as cartoon characters,using terms from the shows, using the several Japanese words you learned and trying to relate anime to reality is just going to make anime fans look like Star Wars and Trekkie nerds.

Well, i have to disagree and say there isnt anything wrong with cosplay, its just a fun hobby that alot of people like to do to show their love of anime. To judge that and deam it "bad" and to say that it gives it a "cult like status" is quite absurd.

Is is if you go to school dress up as a cartoon character.
Mar 17, 2010 4:58 PM

Nov 2009
ezikialrage said:
FlameAlchemist12 said:
ezikialrage said:

Well, like anything if you take it to the extreme its unhealthy or unwise, but just going to a con or even at Halloween, there's nothing wrong with cosplaying.
Mar 17, 2010 5:08 PM

Aug 2009
FlameAlchemist12 said:
ezikialrage said:
FlameAlchemist12 said:
ezikialrage said:

Well, like anything if you take it to the extreme its unhealthy or unwise, but just going to a con or even at Halloween, there's nothing wrong with cosplaying.

This is what dressing like cartoon characters looks like.

That kind of shit does not make anime fans look normal and "trekkie nerd shit" is what will cross the minds of anyone who hears the word "anime". Anime should be main stream not something associated with social outcasts. They are like what PETA does for the animal rights movement which is make animal rights activist look like loons. They are what Code Pink does doe to the anti-war movement, which is make anti-war activist look like unPatriotic douches who hate the military. Nobody doesn't care that these people are the extreme. When people dress up like anime characters, bastardize Japanese language by using Japanese words and honorifics with English, try to relate anime to real life, some stupid emo who draws anime characters like that one American idol contestant who didn't make it and other shit it gives the impression that is the norm with anime fans. It perpetrates a negative stereotype about anime fans when some anime fans do that kind of shit.
ezikialrageMar 17, 2010 5:26 PM
Mar 17, 2010 5:18 PM
Jul 2018
minimiau said:
Proud? no, Im not proud, Im happy to be an otaku, bu not proud.

This.
Mar 18, 2010 10:41 AM

Sep 2009
i'm really proud to be an otaku but i'm the only one that likes anime/manga from my friends so i'm not allways that proud ^^""""
but i'm really proud if i can chat with my otaku friends on the internet ^^"""""
Mar 18, 2010 6:31 PM

Mar 2010
I used to be a low level weeaboo. The kind that wore cat ears, and flaunted my Inuyasha shit. Ect. I still get crap for it these days.

I am a new person now. I don't deny it, and if someone asks, I can tell them all. Even the embarrassing stuff. I just don't shove it down other's throats, and flaunt it all around. Sure I carry around items that say my interests. I don't give a shit. But I don't go "OMGEEE ANIMU IS SOOO GREAT. UGUU~" Naw, man.

Tl;Dr
I slightly hide my powerlevel so I am not annoying. But I am not afraid of showing iit either.
Mar 18, 2010 7:56 PM

Nov 2009
ezikialrage said:
FlameAlchemist12 said:
ezikialrage said:
FlameAlchemist12 said:
ezikialrage said:

That kind of shit does not make anime fans look normal and "trekkie nerd shit" is what will cross the minds of anyone who hears the word "anime". Anime should be main stream not something associated with social outcasts. They are like what PETA does for the animal rights movement which is make animal rights activist look like loons. They are what Code Pink does doe to the anti-war movement, which is make anti-war activist look like unPatriotic douches who hate the military. Nobody doesn't care that these people are the extreme. When people dress up like anime characters, bastardize Japanese language by using Japanese words and honorifics with English, try to relate anime to real life, some stupid emo who draws anime characters like that one American idol contestant who didn't make it and other shit it gives the impression that is the norm with anime fans. It perpetrates a negative stereotype about anime fans when some anime fans do that kind of shit.

well, seems like your using all the negative and stereotypical views on anime to describe most anime fans, but like i said when people at cons cosplay they aren't making anime related to "that trekki nerd shit" they are simply showing their passion, and well its easy to find bad cosplayers there are also alot of good ones.
http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/anime/story_large/2009/09/29/threeeva_2.jpg
Mar 18, 2010 9:22 PM
Jan 2010
I don't really think I am an Otaku.
I am just nervous that's all.
And I do normal things too!
CANCER!
LOL!
Mar 19, 2010 1:59 PM

Jan 2009
ezikialrage said:
FlameAlchemist12 said:
ezikialrage said:
FlameAlchemist12 said:
ezikialrage said:

Yeah I don't really have anything against cosplay if its done right, its just like Halloween and yes I know adults and teens that still dress up for halloween, so what's the problem? I mean I understand if they cosplay everyday, But if its only at a cons then its fine with me.
Mar 19, 2010 2:17 PM

Oct 2007
To look at and to talk to you wouldn't know I like anime, as I don't display tendencies that would be called otaku-ish. I don't class myself as an otaku, and I do take pride in that. An anime fan yes, but not an otaku.
Mar 19, 2010 3:11 PM
Feb 2010
shit you should'nt be ashamed of your self for being an otaku heck if you stay true to yourself that is all that counts in this world cause you can be anything you want don't let others tell ya differently :P

heck i say it proud and loud yes i am an otaku!:P

Mar 19, 2010 4:06 PM

Feb 2008
astroindahouse said:
Why should anyone be proud of being an otaku?
Are you accomplishing something extraordinary by being an otoku?
Is there something to be proud of in being an otaku?
Shouldn't pride be reserved for special accomplishments?

I totaly agree with you. What's being proud of being Otaku? Everyone has their likings and that's all. It's easy to like something, because you don't decide, if you like something, or if you dislike it. People who says, that they're proud of being otaku, then that's maybe because, they don't have anything better, to be proud of. Sorry if my post was offending or harsh.
I just wanted to share my opinion as the other people here.
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".
News for VN immigrants in EU: vietinfo.eu

Mar 19, 2010 8:01 PM

Aug 2009
I wouldn't say that I'm proud, per say.
Being an otaku is just something that I am.
I don't run around my college campus wearing anime related items all of the time and scream about the latest anime we've been watching, even though I'm the anime club secretary on campus.
Yes, I have anime clothing, and when I go to conventions, I deck myself out in anime clothes and such (I don't cosplay, just to clarify), but when I'm just going to class, or whatever, I'm just a normal person with normal things around me.

I prefer to be proud of things that I've done.
I won NaNoWriMo last November, and I was proud of that.
I actually accomplished a goal of some kind.
That's where pride should be placed.
Not on race, class, gender, or anything like that, but rather that we accomplished something ourselves.
I hope that makes sense.
Mar 23, 2010 6:33 AM

Jan 2010
theres nouthing wrong with being an otaku, you love what you love, im a little of one but im more of a weeaboo, and if people have a problem with either one then they can go
Mar 23, 2010 6:36 AM

Jun 2008
Kuromii said:
To look at and to talk to you wouldn't know I like anime, as I don't display tendencies that would be called otaku-ish. I don't class myself as an otaku, and I do take pride in that. An anime fan yes, but not an otaku.
boom baby, idk why someone would be proud in the start.

I especially hate those randoms that run around in my school saying "we're so Otaku" and continue playing Death Note, it sends shivers down my spine.
Mar 23, 2010 6:38 AM

Mar 2010
yup, i am proud of being an Otaku Anime fan
Mar 24, 2010 7:16 PM

Aug 2009
I shall answer your question with another question.

You are correct.
ZAM19XXMar 24, 2010 8:36 PM
Apr 9, 2010 9:49 PM

Mar 2010
It's an artform and I'm proud to be someone who appreciates it. The power of art is overlooked, I'm happy to see a community of people who are willing enjoy something a little under the radar.
Apr 10, 2010 6:43 AM

Sep 2009
Not sure where my source of pride would be from for something I enjoy. It's nothing short of elitism akin to that of people who likes classic rock and looks down on others who like classical music or even rap.
Apr 10, 2010 7:50 AM

Aug 2009
Yes Yes XD
im pride of being an otaku -O-
indeed i am XD
invisible signature \m/
Apr 10, 2010 11:59 AM

Aug 2009
>Is a member of an anime forum community.
>Keeps a record of all shows watched.
>Walls littered with anime posters.
>HDD full of anime.
>Has attended several conventions.
>Wears anime shirts in public on occasion.

If

Otaku = loves anime and Otaku != Narutard + Bleachfag + OnePiece-of-shit

then I am proud to be one.
Apr 10, 2010 12:56 PM

Feb 2010
No... I enjoy watching anime, that doesn't give me a reason to be proud.
Apr 10, 2010 1:10 PM

Feb 2009
I don't consider myself as an Otaku, just a big Anime lover. But I'am proud of liking Anime because I enjoy so much and gives me so much information and things to think, especially about the Japanese culture. =)
Friend Code 3DS: 4914-3165-5517
Apr 10, 2010 1:17 PM

Aug 2009
unununium said:
yup, i am proud of being an Otaku Anime fan

*thumbs up* well said:)
Apr 10, 2010 4:03 PM

Apr 2010
I'm just your everyday fan of comics and cartoons.

I never have and never will consider myself something as extreme as an 'otaku' in anything, be it anime or collecting rocks.

Apr 13, 2010 2:50 AM

Apr 2009
you can say that you are proud if you go out there wearing anime shirts and key chains...and cosplaying..that is what we called proud.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 13, 2010 5:16 AM

Feb 2010
uhh, i dont know if im an otaku, but i dont think id be ashamed if i was.

Apr 13, 2010 5:23 AM

Aug 2009
LONG LIVE OTAKU!!!!!!!^^
Sig deleted for being too large.
Apr 13, 2010 5:30 AM

Nov 2009
Otakus are just useless pieces of shit who fantasize on having 2d girlfriends and have no social lives.They dont even deserve to be called humans.Fortunately im not one of them just a normal anime fan.
Apr 14, 2010 9:36 PM

Apr 2009
same here..well otaku's have their own world.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 15, 2010 1:06 AM

Apr 2009
I don't care much for labeling, I am me. Accept it or gtfo.
Apr 15, 2010 1:08 AM

Apr 2008
Fight4Glory said:
Otakus are just useless pieces of shit who fantasize on having 2d girlfriends and have no social lives.
having fantasies of 2d and having no social life makes me an otaku?

fuck.

Apr 15, 2010 1:58 AM

Apr 2009
no, I am not
Apr 15, 2010 2:20 AM

Mar 2010
For me, it has nothing to do with pride. im a pretty straightforward kinda guy... if someone would ask me what i did today, i'll have no problem telling them that i watched anime. and if they decide to make fun of it, i'll make fun of something they did (i said im straightforward, not mature). theres no shame in doing something you like. heck, im even learning japanese while enjoying a good episode/movie so what's wrong with that?
one more thing. i once told 2 friends that im watching anime and they giggled while saying "anime? are you a child? i only watch naruto and its awesome" and than started talking about how awesome naturo is (i dont watch it myself)... i was laughing so hard they thought i went retarded.
Apr 15, 2010 3:37 AM

Apr 2010
Yes I am
For it gives me bright slap power
Apr 15, 2010 3:46 AM

Dec 2008
yeah .. i'm proud .. cuz that's why I was born
Apr 15, 2010 4:25 AM

Apr 2009
I wish I had all that stuff those "otaku rooms" have xP
Apr 15, 2010 4:38 AM
Apr 2009
uhhh.... I wonder how many "self-claimed" otaku's on here really are... :\
Apr 16, 2010 9:07 AM

Nov 2009
MisterSaito said:
Fight4Glory said:
Otakus are just useless pieces of shit who fantasize on having 2d girlfriends and have no social lives.
having fantasies of 2d and having no social life makes me an otaku?

fuck.
Yep it does!
Apr 16, 2010 9:16 AM

Nov 2008
-Has attended 35 conventions (including 3 in Japan, 1 in the Philippians)

-Own 15 figures

-Has a list of anime watched (that still isn't complete yet)

-Member of a large anime community

Yeah I can say I'm an Otaku and proud of it.

Apr 16, 2010 12:26 PM

Apr 2009
I think it's difficult to be proud of this 'cause when you explain what is an otaku to someone who does not know, it's difficult to say "I've 2D boyfriends and girlfriends and prefer them than 3D" or "I prefer vn and animes rather than a social live". The proof, when you say that, you are haressed and bullied 'cause people does not understand. But when I'm in my room and see my figures, DVD and more I'm sooo proud <3 I don't care why people does not understand, for me there are stupid shit but sometimes I think it's a shame, it's only a natural reaction :3 I am an otaku and proud of it whatever people says!!
\°(> °__° <)°/ ~ Les chats E.T. domineront le monde~
Apr 16, 2010 9:18 PM

Apr 2009
Being Otaku is just another type of personality of who you are..just be proud of who you are..
Apr 16, 2010 11:40 PM

Apr 2010
HECK YEAH! I have 10 tarp posters in my room, 10 anime figurines (12 if you count the pokemon figurines I used to collect when I was 9, and 13 if you count the Moacross figurine me and my dad share.) I sleep at 6 am at the latest just to watch my series or to go around myanimelist. I have been to at least 4 anime conventions in the bast two years and I have a pair of anime themed soft slippers. (It's Naruto and the laast time I wore it was when I was ,what, 8?)

...So yeah, I think I qualify as one.
Apr 18, 2010 6:01 PM

Apr 2009
Im proud to be an Otaku. In my school there's this group called IDS (I Don't Socialize). They all love anime but I don't want to get teased by others if I joined them. I only have one friend who watch anime but watches on Naruto only. The rest are popular and some video gaming nerds(they have no ****ing life). BTW, the one who made this topic, Im a Filipino too, I speak Tagalog.

-Watch anime the whole day when i get bored or tired of MW2
-I cant own any ecchi figurines because my parents think I'm some king of freak but I still want one
-K-ON, Shakugan No Shana, etc T-Shirts
-2 scroll wallpaper
-Never miss an anime convention in my whole life
NeoHorizonApr 18, 2010 6:07 PM
Apr 18, 2010 10:17 PM

Sep 2009
astroindahouse said:
Why should anyone be proud of being an otaku?
Are you accomplishing something extraordinary by being an otoku?
Is there something to be proud of in being an otaku?
Shouldn't pride be reserved for special accomplishments?

This. Being proud of something and not being ashamed of it are completely different things. I'm not ashamed of being an anime fan or otaku or whatever the hell you wanna call it. I'm certainly not proud of it though. I'm not proud of watching anime or buying anime merchandise even though I love doing both.

I feel like the only two anime-related things I can be proud of is cosplaying and being the Vice President of the anime club at my college.
Apr 18, 2010 10:27 PM

Apr 2010
I had no idea what the word meant...then I googled it....and in the images there was this fat asian guy in a blue anime dress (WTF!?!...gross). So everytime I hear or see the word otaku, that image is in my head... :(
Apr 18, 2010 11:53 PM

Apr 2010
I'm not proud of what i am, but i dont exactly hate of what i am right now o_O.

im not sure if im an otaku though. i dont have an anime filled room, but i do watch tons of anime, keep an anime list, and browse around anime forums =.=

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - Yesterday

28 by deg »»
2 minutes ago

» Best Trap Character in Anime? ( 1 2 3 )

GoatPieceLuffy - 9 hours ago

102 by LostSpectre »»
3 minutes ago

» Crunchyroll lawsuit ( 1 2 )

billybub - Oct 10, 2023

52 by KittenCuddler »»
5 minutes ago

» What anime song (intro, outro, j-pop) of the ringtone do you use right now?

Kiryotsu - 11 minutes ago

3 by Daviljoe193 »»
5 minutes ago

» What is your opinion on anime becoming mainstream? ( 1 2 )

BroDa2545 - Apr 16

62 by Zedlin »»
6 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.