Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2017 5:05 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I was slightly shocked when I saw in the afterword that the author mentioned Sousuke being modeled based on her own husband, considering that the guy is nearly legendary levels of being a scumbag. He actively cheats on his wife, gambles, lies, has no shame whatsoever in borrowing money despite refusing to work, and has no qualms of selling off his spouse to strangers just so that he can have a good time. Somehow, even someone like him manages to change due to what kind of presence Michi has in his life, although it was a very long road, as the name of the manga suggest. First we see her as this model wife, caring, humble and loyal, almost a living saint, but as things go, we see that even with the quality she has, Michi has things she desires as well. She would've been far better off with Takebayashi, but even her heart changed over time, and she grew to genuinely love Sousuke, faults and all.

Nothing spectacular, but it was a funny and charming read of a couple that grows over time and the small challenges that they overcome. Michi x Sonoko owned, the kiss was the highlight of the manga.

Mar 22, 2018 10:12 PM
Sep 2015
Modeled after her real life husband ?

i dont now what to say about that.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.