Forum Settings
Forums
The Ghost in the Shell
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 27, 2017 8:51 AM

Feb 2015
I watched it a while ago, and I didn't like it. After reading some plot analyses and explanations it seems a bit more interesting than when I watched it, but I'm not sure if I should give it another shot or just write it off as it not being for me. I really don't like rewatching things so I'd only do it if it's really crucial.
Jul 31, 2017 1:57 AM

Oct 2015
I am in exactly the same boat. I also found that Hollywood adaptation is on par or even better than this anime.
Aug 7, 2017 6:55 PM
Jul 2017
@Nishi_23 I did the anime a few months ago for the first time. Wasn't that impressed. Especially with the MC. They build her up to be this awesome badass. When we finally see what she does in the last act, she
I dunno if I'll rewatch it considering amount of material for other shows I want to watch. I liked the director's other works well, Patlabor 1 & 2 especially, but this film seemed too intangible for me to enjoy.
Oct 27, 2017 2:06 PM

Oct 2014
Just rewatch it if you feel like you want, but if you think it's boring, it conditions you in the first place to not enjoy it. This movie rewards the viewer a lot the more times you watch it, but I guess if you didn't like it in the first place, don't know how could you like it watching it a second time.

That said, maybe after taking some time, maybe a few years from now you might view the movie from a different "angle" and actually enjoy it, happened to me a few times.
Aug 9, 2020 1:03 AM
Jan 2015
I know it is a really old thread but i just re watched this movie.
I can say that re watch value is more than first time watching.

This movie is way way more ahead of it's time. I am computer science .. umm ,a professional so i observed a lot many things happening in real life which were depicted in movie more than 25 years ago which is quite awesome.

Also, just overall story is not the main thing here, each frame is have subtle details to it, example
. They are so many intricate details which watchers can miss on first watch. Each scene is epic in this movie. To gather all the idea depicted in this movie, one need to super human focus which lacks in our current generation.

Also, IT IS WORTHY TO RE-WATCH ONLY IF YOU ARE INTO A DETAILED SCI-FI CONCEPTS
Sep 15, 2020 5:43 AM

Jun 2016
I did, didn't end up with anything better than I got in the first place. All it did was reaffirm why it left a sour taste in my mouth. I don't know what the two posts above me find special about the tree of life scene
I would have preferred an actual exploration of transhumanism to this bloated attempt at making a mere depiction of it seem deep via overcomplication.

More topics from this board

» How do you describe Motoko Kusanagi's dilemma?

Mehwish_999 - Apr 23

2 by AkiraMiyazaki17 »»
Apr 24, 4:08 AM

Poll: » Ghost in the Shell Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

naikou - Jan 29, 2009

166 by notalai »»
Apr 8, 12:04 AM

» How bad are the Ghost in the Shell Blu Rays?

JiffyBone - Mar 12, 2018

8 by Seiidou »»
Aug 6, 2023 8:51 PM

» The Original Movie Was Better

Densel_ - Nov 13, 2022

10 by Densel_ »»
May 7, 2023 9:49 PM

» Canon story watch order?

WeebiBOY - Jan 21, 2023

4 by giffica »»
Jan 21, 2023 4:58 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.