Forum Settings
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Spice and Wolf VOLUME 18 - Spring Log
Jul 26, 2017 3:40 AM

Apr 2016
Finally i was able to read through this masterpiece, we see the story and every day life of Holo and Lawrence after 10+ years after they open their bathhouse.

More of husband x wife greatness in every moment ! god this was adorable in every aspect.

Also the last short story feature new main characters for new instalment Wolf & Parchment the Col and Myuri, i'm hyped for this very much. In the afterword autor is stating that there will be "at least one more" book from Spice and Wolf, but somehow i think it will be best to end story there.

EDIT: The Spring Log II (Volume 19) is scheduled to be released in west - 03/20/2018!
SwagernatorDec 7, 2017 2:12 AM
Jul 31, 2017 8:15 PM
Jun 2010
It's a little weird reading more of this series after it ending with such a feeling of a "final goodbye" that you have from the stories of the previous volume. Despite that, these new stories still felt cohesive and meaningful in that world, which is nice. Really liked the new Lawrence + Holo chapters, but I can't say the same about this new direction that the series is taking with Col + Myuri that will be further developed in the new "Wolf and Parchment" spin-off series, for a few reasons:

1. I never really liked Col that much as a character. For me he was probably one of the weakest side characters in the series and always felt like a distraction in the Holo+Lawrence journey;
2. Putting Col as a potential romantic interest for Miyuri just fells wrong to me, because Myuri is still way too young, he's much older than her and they both pretty much grew up as siblings. From the way they foreshadowed, they probably will end up as a couple and I really don't need an incestuous-ish relationship in my book, not to mention that by putting Myuri and Col as a couple kind of undermines the whole journey of Col trying to become a servant of God that he worked so hard for so far.

I really wanted the author to keep their relationship as only a brother/sister one, but from the way that Myuri's actions and Col's reactions were framed, I really doubt that. I would be fine if they just goofed around as big brother and little sister in that little trip of theirs and then they parted ways and Col eventually becomes a priest (or whatever he's trying to become) and maybe Myuri at a later date hook up with the kid that confessed his feelings for her to Lawrence (maybe this is just me rooting for the underdog). Or maybe completely ditch the romantic angle and make Myuri as a bit older go through a journey of her own alone in the world just like her mother did centuries ago when she left Yoitsu and in the end she eventually finds her own witty travelling merchant to have her own adventure with.

LT;DR: Liked the new Lawrence+Holo stories, but have mixed feelings about the new Col+Myuri direction. Having them as a couple feels wrong to me.

More topics from this board

» Ookami to Koushinryou Vol. 4

JeremiahOrange - Nov 2, 2023

1 by TheMangaManiac »»
Mar 8, 9:25 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Vol. 1

removed-user - Apr 9, 2016

4 by gannoncannon55 »»
Dec 23, 2023 9:42 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Chapter 3 Discussion

TripleSRank - Nov 19, 2015

1 by gannoncannon55 »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:32 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Chapter 2 Discussion

TripleSRank - Nov 17, 2015

3 by gannoncannon55 »»
Dec 22, 2023 2:52 AM

» Ookami to Koushinryou Vol. 6

JeremiahOrange - Nov 6, 2023

0 by JeremiahOrange »»
Nov 6, 2023 5:46 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.