Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums

Is it not against the rules of the "universe" (in which this "spin-off" is presumably set in) to cause harm to one's master?

New
Jul 24, 2017 8:45 AM
Apr 2016
I will leave all the crap aside. The man-children looking like girls. The little girls that never existed in neither cultures or histories. Go argue that this is "western supremacy" or something. I will leave aside how Dunkerk did not order that typical Jappy feman to FORCE ASTOLFO TO WITHDRAW.
Why. Why was Siegfried able to punch his master? It is against the laws of this universe to cause harm to the masters or to disobey their commands (not even talking command seals). Not once in the *PROPER* Fate/ series this happened. A complete disregard of the rules they have invented themselves. I can remember one time when Lancer killed Kotomine but it was such a cheap crap I forced myself to believe it was a bad dream. Now we see Siegfried casually attacking his own master, even if only to put him out of action, the harm is done and the notion of moving against the master itself is against the existing rules. Each episode, the series strays farther away from the...
Should I know something else? Or is there finally no backdoor for this complete disregard for the proper "fictional" universe?
Re:formed
Jul 24, 2017 8:47 AM

Apr 2016
You are late like two weeks for flame, the show is losing trolls and discussions are no more fun just give up no one care.
Jul 24, 2017 9:00 AM
Jul 2017
No
There no such thing like that.
Every servant has their own personality and ideal. If they found that their master is unworthly then they can kill their own master.

Thats why a master is granted with 3 command seal. Using this seal to prevent your servant doing something like killing their own master.
Jul 24, 2017 9:06 AM

Feb 2015
Where did you get that from?
Servant can kill their Master whenever and however they like if they don't find them satisfying enough and it won't be against any rules.
Jul 24, 2017 9:28 AM

Feb 2011
What fucking proper fate series have you been watching?

Jul 24, 2017 9:46 AM
Apr 2016
K forgive me for giving any credit to the series for a thought-out and thorough universe corresponding with common sense. And thanks for explaining me the lack of proper techniques behind the world. I guess I will keep silently whining to myself how much potential is wasted on some of the Japs. Case closed.
Jul 24, 2017 4:48 PM

Jun 2012
If a servant couldn't disobey a master, the command spells would not exist in the first place...
They are heroes from legends, you can't expect them to be blind fools who follows orders from masters who not even once have been to war. This has been stated so much trough out Fate, that servants only obey a master who they deem worth of them and the only reason they do so, is because they have a common goal as their masters, to win holy grail and get their wishes granted.
Jul 24, 2017 7:55 PM

Apr 2012
Sounds like you're thrown off by the terms "Master" and "Servant" and think of servants as slaves or something. No, Servants are generally far superior beings that can kill you at anytime, they only stay around because of presumably aligned goals of obtaining the grail, or honor, or they just like you. That's why Tokiomi treated Gilgamesh with utmost respect as a superior, and why Darnic is letting Vlad be in the position of authority right now. If the servant thinks you're unworthy, then they're free to kill you, just as the master is free to backstab them by ordering them to kill themselves first.
Jul 24, 2017 8:13 PM
Apr 2016
It was way more obvious in Fate/Stay night and Ultimate Blade Works. There were not such retardieu servants like Shakespeare and Karna and Frankenstain. Those summoned in before-mentioned are heroes from the culture, historical ones, real or not. Here you get a writer a written fiction character and what not an unknown boy dressing as a girl because some old Jap wants him to be "real". It means if you summon some bad bad hero who is also a scum he will fight for you only if he wants the holy Grail, otherwise he will kill you but will disappear himself, right? Boy...
Jul 24, 2017 8:22 PM

Apr 2015
Jesus Christ why are you still watching any fate series if the only thing I see you do is complain about every mechanic the series has, even if the mechanic is ok, mediocre, bad, or good you just complain because god knows why you're so freaking bored.

The biggest example of servants doing whatever the fuck they want was Medea (CASTER) who killed her Master* because he was a big scumbag, the only thing that could not made her possible to kill him was the command seals but she used her NP to break their contract.

I don't even know how you watch a serie without understanding an explicitly explained mechanic.....
VeromayeJul 24, 2017 8:36 PM
Jul 24, 2017 8:29 PM

Apr 2015
By the way, sometimes Servants don't even want to be alive anymore. Gilgamesh didn't had any intents of obtaining the grail. Neither EMIYA. They are forced by the grail to resurrect and fight. Even some Berserk lack of having a wish or a reason to fight, they just fight because their master can control them, ex: Heracles, Lancelot, Spartacus..

So yeah just give up the series man, if you don't like it ok, it's trash for you, that's fine.
But stop wasting your time trying to "understand trash".
Jul 24, 2017 8:33 PM

Nov 2011
Did you forget that Caster in the original Fate Stay Night killed her Master?

Jul 24, 2017 10:05 PM

Jun 2015
Daniel_Naumov said:
K forgive me for giving any credit to the series for a thought-out and thorough universe corresponding with common sense. And thanks for explaining me the lack of proper techniques behind the world. I guess I will keep silently whining to myself how much potential is wasted on some of the Japs. Case closed.

You're missing the point. The servants aren't bound to obey their masters because of the contract. They obey because of the promise of a granted wish by the grail and common interest. As everyone else stated, the command seals are just insurance.

If the servant does not desire anything, then the grail is meaningless. If they don't share interests with their master, then they can think of ways to shift or kill their masters (as Medea and Gil has shown)
Jul 25, 2017 6:06 AM

Apr 2014
You seem to be under a major misunderstanding. Servants can freely eliminate their master at anytime, even command seals wouldn't help you if they are serious about it (as most can chop up your arm before you blink). Most only help because they are nice enough to not care much or they have some wish of their own.

Which is why no normal mage have ever won a grail war in any timeline, because they always manage to piss off their partner before they won and get killed.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough
Jul 25, 2017 7:05 PM
Apr 2016
If they get killed do servants always disappear?
Jul 26, 2017 7:39 PM

Apr 2014
Daniel_Naumov said:
If they get killed do servants always disappear?

Depends on how much a mana-hog the servant is. Some like Herc from FSN would disappear instantly, others can dance around for days as long as they don't overexert their noble phantasm.

In terms of overall staying time

Archer > Caster > Assassin > Rider > Lancer > Saber > Berserker.
"You had no free will, you chased your vices along the same path as all of the others." - Shikieiki Yamaxanadu, Diamond in the rough

More topics from this board

» A Guide to Fate/Apocrypha

OneBetta - Mar 14

2 by OneBetta »»
Mar 14, 4:48 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2017

97 by TheBiggestAm »»
Mar 9, 7:31 PM

» Who is your favorite character from Apocrypha?

Omarumba - Feb 25

28 by Manthors »»
Mar 1, 12:39 PM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 30, 2017

278 by PirateHasan »»
Jan 5, 8:19 AM

Poll: » Fate/Apocrypha Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

86 by PirateHasan »»
Dec 28, 2023 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.