Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jul 6, 2017 2:53 PM
May 2017
The canon is different.
Pikachu talks once.
Misty and Brock are not in the same canon (maybe other Ash friends according to the outro) nor Squirtle or Bulbasaur).
Marshadow can control pokemons if he has a Rainbow Feather and win power with a Rainbow Feather. Rainbow Feather are given to the Rainbow Hero that gets the chance to meet Ho-oh. Marshadow heals corrupted (by a Dark Heart) Rainbow Feathers.
Ho-oh defeats Ash.
Ash dies but the friendship with Pikachu brings him back to life.
The old owner of Charmander defeats Ash once, but then loses at the end of the movie, and ends up understanding the friendship.
Jul 7, 2017 2:56 AM

Dec 2010
And I found it better. Souji's my new crush. Satoshi's relationship with Pikachu's the best. The movie was great.
And Pikachu doesn't "talk", it's just their relationship is so deep Satoshi was able to hear Pikachu's voice (or at least, that's what I understood). It was so moving. And Ho-oh was gorgeous.
I really hope Pokemon movies will air in french cinema (regarding the crazy number of fans who waited for hours to see the movie, they better do it).
I found the story of Marshadow interesting, though I'd never have imagined that. Anyway I'm so eager to get him in the games ** I thought at the end that Cross would receive a rainbow feather too, to get a chance to battle Ho-Oh, since he already met him before.
A thing that bothered me a bit in the begining of the movie is that they made Satoshi such a klutz... I never saw him fall so much in the anime, wtf. But anyway he was great an the cutest. I like how they made him evolve.
The ending was also amazing. I like the recall of 10th movie's "signature song" Oracion.
Everything was so cute, nngh. 20th aniversary was the best, HB pokemon.
Jul 10, 2017 10:55 AM

Mar 2014
I kinda found this different adaption very interesting! I really took me kinda through all this years of pokemon series and made me remember so many of the original scenes in a different way.

This movie gave off a very nice sort of feeling and I think it really suits the 20 years jubilee. To experience Satoshi meeting Ho-oh (finally!!!) and to see how different this story could have turned out. I really struggled during the whole (!!!) first series about what pokemon Ho-oh would be! (then they released the second generation of pokemon) Also the event at the Japan Expo was so nice! I feel so lucky that I was able to see the world premiere. :D (Wasn't sure if it had aired already in Japan, though!) Yas! x3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon: Kimi ni Kimeta! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Stray - Jul 24, 2017

56 by Nerdason »»
Dec 24, 2023 5:14 PM

» No Kasumi (best girl after Musashi) and Takeshi... RIP Pokemon.

Kleferi - Apr 10, 2017

20 by MrLegitimacy »»
Feb 15, 2020 10:35 AM

» is this movie canon to the show

Ryan_1 - Dec 20, 2017

2 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 20, 2017 7:38 AM

» Pokemon Movie Ending ORACION

FireFistYK - Jul 8, 2017

9 by FireFistYK »»
Jul 20, 2017 10:57 AM

» What do you think this movie will be about?

juandmarco - Dec 30, 2016

42 by juandmarco »»
Jun 30, 2017 2:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.