New
Apr 10, 2017 8:06 AM
Sep 2007
I don't know, I guess we'll never again see them again. :(

Goodbye, Pokemon. :(
May 21, 2017 4:10 AM

Jan 2016
Yes. RIP Pokemon

they keep coming with new awful characters when they can bring back amazing characters like Kasumi, Takeshi or Kenji
May 22, 2017 3:16 PM

Jun 2014
Psajdak said:
I don't know, I guess we'll never again see them again. :(

Goodbye, Pokemon. :(

Granted, they should of been in this remake. Though, I don't miss them. Especially, Brock. I am satisifed with the new casts.
May 23, 2017 2:21 PM

Jan 2016
Let's get 2 things straight:

1. We never know, hopefully they will comeback someday. And they will probably appear but like gym leaders.

2. Hikari (Dawn) is the best girl of Pokemon!
Jun 28, 2017 6:54 PM

Feb 2016
This is the fun part of the "Pokémon anime community".
They keep spamming "Uh Pokeimoun is ded mate, were is mah charizuard, gen 1 fouruever, rip.", while the franchise is in great shape with games getting better and better, the anime even tough falling at some seasons, is still improving too. But no, the franchise is dead because your beloved generic tsundere and Brock (I can't bash Brock lol) are gone.
I am the bone of my sword.
My blood is Iron, and my heart is glass.
I have overcome countless battlefields.
Unaware of beginning,
Nor aware of the end.
The orphan is alone again, Striking diamond dust on a hill of swords.
Yet, my flame never ends.
My whole body was still "Unlimited Blade Works".

-Emiya Shirou
Jul 7, 2017 3:01 AM
Jul 2018
D0T_XD said:
This is the fun part of the "Pokémon anime community".
They keep spamming "Uh Pokeimoun is ded mate, were is mah charizuard, gen 1 fouruever, rip.", while the franchise is in great shape with games getting better and better, the anime even tough falling at some seasons, is still improving too. But no, the franchise is dead because your beloved generic tsundere and Brock (I can't bash Brock lol) are gone.

Tbh both Misty's and Brock's storylines or at least their main things were closed so I don't really see any other reason to bring them back as the main team unless it's some of cameo episodes so.

Oh and yeah I agree... people are over-exaggerating with the "Omg Pokemon is dead to me" well, you can still kinda follow the series but all depends on you I guess (not you specifically just mean people that are complaining) but eh, that's just me.
Jul 9, 2017 5:30 AM

Dec 2010
Well, I never like tsudere characters so I really don't like Kasumi so it's fine by me. And I like Takeshi a lot but Souji's the best thing that could happen to this movie (smart, kind and cool) so meh, it's all right. But daily reminder if people can't accept the fact that pokemon needs to change they don't have to watch anymore. Satoshi, Pikachu, Prof Ookido and Hanako are likely the only "eternally present" characters xD
And dunno if I said it enough so I'll repeat : Souji's a cute.
Jul 9, 2017 5:53 AM

Jun 2010
Serena is the best WAIFU ofc
Jul 11, 2017 5:18 AM
May 2017
Pokemon is not what it used to be thats soo saddd:( yea true animations get batter but characters not its spo sadd
Jul 14, 2017 1:05 PM

Jan 2013
Drackx said:
Serena is the best WAIFU ofc

^ as a guy who watched since the beginning, this i agree with (and Dawn was my favorite for the longest time too)
Jul 15, 2017 1:42 AM

May 2009
ITT sad sad genwunners
Jul 15, 2017 3:09 AM
Jul 2016
They are long gone now i really dont wanna see misty's face ever again in pokemon though brock's fine by me
Jul 15, 2017 9:18 AM
Aug 2011
Dawn and Serena > Misty.

Clemont and Bonnie > Brock.

Brock and Misty are still solid but it's gen 1 bias as to why everyone thinks they are the best ones and no one can compare.
Jul 17, 2017 8:48 AM

Feb 2016
lol Who cares about Deadmon Go? You guys make me laugh, "pokemon go made pokemon relevant", I suggest you to search the best selling ds and 3ds games of all time.
I am the bone of my sword.
My blood is Iron, and my heart is glass.
I have overcome countless battlefields.
Unaware of beginning,
Nor aware of the end.
The orphan is alone again, Striking diamond dust on a hill of swords.
Yet, my flame never ends.
My whole body was still "Unlimited Blade Works".

-Emiya Shirou
Jul 21, 2017 6:36 AM

Mar 2013
The people who played Pokemon Go just only know Pikachu and the sort.
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
Jul 27, 2017 1:13 AM
Jul 2018
Not having Misty and Brock is insulting to all of us fans who grew up with those characters. To replace 2/3 of the main human cast with generic characters is, quite frankly, dumb as fuck, and I refuse to spend a dime on this movie. Fuck the Pokemon company.
Aug 12, 2017 11:04 PM

Feb 2008
Salty genwunners, cry more. Pokémon is better than it has ever been.
Aug 14, 2017 11:46 PM
Aug 2017
I don't get why Brock is loved? He was fine in the Original series and Hoenn since Ash was incompetent, boastful and inexperienced in the early seasons and the same can be said about him teaching May (who to me was pretty boring) I liked Brock because of that as he was the teacher and it worked. But after watching Diamond and Pearl he was just this trainer that goes after pretty girls and Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy and this guy who just explains all moves and how they're at an advantage and disadvantage. Plus it shows during the entire series he was already a good breeder, so it was pretty weak excuse to have him going with that rather then just helping Ash to be the trainer that he is today. He was becoming stale and bland and I was glad that they wrote him out of the show. Even the writers knew how pointless he was, you can tell with times he stayed behind doing other things or helping Nurse Joy while Ash and Dawn were doing the most important parts. Yes he had episodes to himself but I don't really find them memorable in his D&P days.

To me I felt that Misty's dream of being a great water trainer wasn't really focused well and it was a pretty weak excuse just so she can be there. But her friendship with Ash was probably the best I've seen being developed. You might say 'oh but she had a mallet, oh she scolds and yells Ash all the time, oh she did this and that that you will never find in any character today!' I can see that Misty isn't everyone's favourite and that's fine but her mallet was used out of Japanese slapstick comedy since it was exaggerated and I don't think it'll translate well today. Her scolding and yelling of Ash was pretty much of his ego, boastfulness and selfishness of himself in Kanto, not to mention Ash can be an ass to Misty at times as well during his Kanto days. As of her friendship, we see them hating each other since the 2nd episode right up until they were getting along to the point they were feeling sad that they were going their seperate ways at the end of Johto.

To me though, I wish that they focus Brock and Misty as the teachers for Ash during the OS era since they were gym leaders in the games. It would've done for his character.

My hopes of these characters returning are pretty slim since Pokemon never really had a good track record of continuity since Best Wishes/Black & White series and I'm not too sure about these Alternate Universe characters, it has been confirmed by the director that is an AU story, that would bare any importance to the main series since the movies never really had interesting side characters.
NWR1991Aug 14, 2017 11:50 PM
Feb 2, 2018 2:32 AM

Jul 2009
It's really sad to now see Misty and Brock (Kasumi and Takeshi), there's no way to not remember them seeing it...if they were there the movie would be better, for sure!
May 26, 2018 2:58 AM

Aug 2014
I on the other hand was so happy that they didn't show up, he could be a better trainer without having any traveling companions.
Feb 15, 2020 10:35 AM

Sep 2012
I wouldn't have minded new characters to replace Brock and Misty if they had a little more depth or purpose in the plot, but instead we got two cardboard cutouts with a total of 1 paragraph of dialogue each. That's what really stings about excluding the original team for me.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon: Kimi ni Kimeta! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

-Stray - Jul 24, 2017

56 by Nerdason »»
Dec 24, 2023 5:14 PM

» is this movie canon to the show

Ryan_1 - Dec 20, 2017

2 by Ranxomare »»
Dec 20, 2017 7:38 AM

» Pokemon Movie Ending ORACION

FireFistYK - Jul 8, 2017

9 by FireFistYK »»
Jul 20, 2017 10:57 AM

» [Spoilers] Japan Expo 2017

PackSciences - Jul 6, 2017

2 by Flueckli »»
Jul 10, 2017 10:55 AM

» What do you think this movie will be about?

juandmarco - Dec 30, 2016

42 by juandmarco »»
Jun 30, 2017 2:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.