Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 26, 2017 3:58 PM
Dec 2016
Guys and girls is it just me or does this anime have a lot in common with nisekoi?1st off the main protagoinst both are great cooks 2nd the main girls of both shows can be very identical at times.Sometimes i feel like Tadokoro megumi is a Onodera spin off and Nakiri Alice is very similar to Chitose(both tsundere,have a great power from their family,unique character traits),Shokugeki is also playing with the same formula Nisekoi has used which is introducing female characters to keep the show interesting but the protagonist is thick headed to know the advances and the romance never happens.in both cases new love comes and goes old love stays.so judging from Nisekois ending I predict that Nakiri Alice gets Soma at the end probably.A fun fact that Chitose/ge is more popular in the west and Onodera is more poular in the east,probably the same here west is Nakiri Alice and east is Tadokoro Megumi.
Anyways let me know what u guys think.
Jun 26, 2017 4:19 PM

Jul 2015
i gived up in this serie after s1
well the same scenario like always
the nice cute girl get cucked by a trash tsundere

soma will 100% end up with Erina
Jun 26, 2017 4:49 PM

Feb 2015
Ehhh, I think Souma's cooking skills is better than Raku. In Nisekoi it was just implied that he is good at cooking, the rest of the story would be him being a dick.

Jun 29, 2017 2:57 PM

Dec 2016
13attlexxx said:
Guys and girls is it just me or does this anime have a lot in common with nisekoi?1st off the main protagoinst both are great cooks 2nd the main girls of both shows can be very identical at times.Sometimes i feel like Tadokoro megumi is a Onodera spin off and Nakiri Alice is very similar to Chitose(both tsundere,have a great power from their family,unique character traits),Shokugeki is also playing with the same formula Nisekoi has used which is introducing female characters to keep the show interesting but the protagonist is thick headed to know the advances and the romance never happens.in both cases new love comes and goes old love stays.so judging from Nisekois ending I predict that Nakiri Alice gets Soma at the end probably.A fun fact that Chitose/ge is more popular in the west and Onodera is more poular in the east,probably the same here west is Nakiri Alice and east is Tadokoro Megumi.
Anyways let me know what u guys think.
tragedydesu said:
i gived up in this serie after s1
well the same scenario like always
the nice cute girl get cucked by a trash tsundere

soma will 100% end up with Erina

Lol, if you watched Shokugeki no Souma for romance or wondering who he chooses, you're doing it wrong. Just because ecchi is present in Shokugeki no Souma doesn't mean that they're "introducing female characters to keep the show interesting." This is also supported by the fact that Shokugeki no Souma has a larger cast of male characters than it does female; it's not a harem (unlike Nisekoi). Yes, romantic feelings are hinted at by both Ikumi and Megumi, but the good majority of this is for comedic effect and have little to no bearing on the story or Souma's character. It's also of note that neither Erina nor Alice have shown any romantic interest in Souma thus far (Erina can hardly be called a "tsundere" because she has never turned "dere" for Souma). Anyways, the primary draw of this show for me and most people is shounen competitive cooking with a bit of ecchi, not romantic development or harem shenanigans. But then again, I could just be another die-hard fanboy ranting lol.

TL;DR: This is a shounen cooking battle anime, not a harem romance. Don't watch it for the latter. It's kinda like saying that romance has a place in anime like Attack on Titan or Fate/Zero (although those are extreme examples).
ShionJun 29, 2017 3:16 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 19, 2015

222 by Yiuumii »»
Yesterday, 5:54 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 12, 2015

228 by Yiuumii »»
Yesterday, 5:53 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 5, 2015

331 by Yiuumii »»
Yesterday, 5:35 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 29, 2015

199 by Yiuumii »»
Yesterday, 4:17 PM

Poll: » Shokugeki no Souma Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 22, 2015

176 by Yiuumii »»
Yesterday, 4:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.