Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 17, 2017 12:56 PM

Jan 2016
That's awful. Just finished season 2 and had a really fun time. Well, guess I will stick with the novels.

WashingMachine45 said:
Why you have to frustrated? The anime is just a advertisement for LN, of course its not gonna completed. And almost everyone read LN agree that its a shit ton better than anime, both seasons. Just go read it, it was written almost like a anime already

Honestly, I've just finished reading the first light novel, and, well..it's awful, to say the least. I know light novels are meant to be easy and fast to read, but hell, as much as I had a bit of fun with it, its difficult to even try to fit it on rational criticism. I started reading the novels more because I was eager to know more of the story and couldn't wait for the (now forsaken) third season. As you said, it reads like an anime (or some fanfic) but visual comedy differs a lot from the written thing. Also, there's a lot of gags they added in the anime, like the chants Megunin utters before sending everything to hell.
Jul 17, 2017 8:12 PM
May 2017
Sava1 said:
That's awful. Just finished season 2 and had a really fun time. Well, guess I will stick with the novels.

WashingMachine45 said:
Why you have to frustrated? The anime is just a advertisement for LN, of course its not gonna completed. And almost everyone read LN agree that its a shit ton better than anime, both seasons. Just go read it, it was written almost like a anime already

Honestly, I've just finished reading the first light novel, and, well..it's awful, to say the least. I know light novels are meant to be easy and fast to read, but hell, as much as I had a bit of fun with it, its difficult to even try to fit it on rational criticism. I started reading the novels more because I was eager to know more of the story and couldn't wait for the (now forsaken) third season. As you said, it reads like an anime (or some fanfic) but visual comedy differs a lot from the written thing. Also, there's a lot of gags they added in the anime, like the chants Megunin utters before sending everything to hell.

I seriously question what book are you reading. While the anime have some visual jokes, they also cut off so many, include the switch party arc in ss1, which is one of the best arcs. They cut a lot of plot and world building, the anime look like a mess compare to LN tbh. LN is an adventure with lots of comedy, anime is a joke with some random battle. I think you read volume 1 and feels bored because you already know what happened, maybe you should jump to later vols after anime end and see if it feels different. Btw Im wondering how many LN have you read, if you read stuff like Mahouka or NGNL, your brain probably explode. Konosuba is one of the best LN for beginner, if you cant read it, it's just not for you I afraid
Jul 18, 2017 3:57 AM

Jan 2016
WashingMachine45 said:

I seriously question what book are you reading. While the anime have some visual jokes, they also cut off so many, include the switch party arc in ss1, which is one of the best arcs. They cut a lot of plot and world building, the anime look like a mess compare to LN tbh. LN is an adventure with lots of comedy, anime is a joke with some random battle. I think you read volume 1 and feels bored because you already know what happened, maybe you should jump to later vols after anime end and see if it feels different. Btw Im wondering how many LN have you read, if you read stuff like Mahouka or NGNL, your brain probably explode. Konosuba is one of the best LN for beginner, if you cant read it, it's just not for you I afraid

I was talking just about the first one, which was pretty bad. I've just started reading the second and it's a lot better, including the party switch arc, and I can understand what you meant in your first post now. I still liked the fact that the anime doesn't take itself serious, though.
It is not that it was boring(it wasn't), it was just bad, like when you're watching a movie and you're having mindless fun but you know it isn't good. I am more used to reading novels, but even compared with the very few LNs I've read (like Bake and Zero no Maria) the Konosuba style is rather off. I agree with the author when he says that he is not a very good writer. At least it is better than the Kizu and Toradora LNs.
I've never read the ones you mentioned.
Jul 18, 2017 4:58 AM
May 2017
Sava1 said:
WashingMachine45 said:

I was talking just about the first one, which was pretty bad. I've just started reading the second and it's a lot better, including the party switch arc, and I can understand what you meant in your first post now. I still liked the fact that the anime doesn't take itself serious, though.
It is not that it was boring(it wasn't), it was just bad, like when you're watching a movie and you're having mindless fun but you know it isn't good. I am more used to reading novels, but even compared with the very few LNs I've read (like Bake and Zero no Maria) the Konosuba style is rather off. I agree with the author when he says that he is not a very good writer. At least it is better than the Kizu and Toradora LNs.
I've never read the ones you mentioned.

Hakomari is no.1 LN on MAL and Monogatari series is one of the best LN series out there. Compare with them is a little bit hard. And I never said Konosuba is well written, what I say is it's very easy to read, almost like an anime. The ways Kazuma tells the story is like a normal dude. If you read stuff like what I mention, you would see the different. As an example, they spend several pages to describe a girl's dress or make a fucking complicated relationship between two guys nobody give a shit about, and gonna disappeared forever after the end of an arc
Jul 18, 2017 8:46 AM

Jul 2017
Lol this game of Internet telephone is really screwing us over watch this https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cWRi3803IX8
Once you realize that what others think about what you enjoy doesn't matter, you will finally be free

Jul 24, 2017 9:05 PM

Jul 2015
Jul 24, 2017 9:06 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014

Its just saying that its an anime announcement, could be just an OVA !
Lets hope its season 3 tho
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Jul 26, 2017 2:08 PM
Oct 2015
This article about KonoSuba Season 3 makes the good point that the new anime project is probably not the second OVA since that came out the day before the announcement. I say it's probably a movie or a spin-off anime about Megumin.
Jul 27, 2017 9:56 AM
Oct 2016
i want konosuba the movie please
Jul 27, 2017 10:13 AM

Oct 2014
the second season was shit anyway
Oct 6, 2017 1:35 PM

Mar 2014
sooo where do i start reading if i want to continue from where the anime left off?
why am i so well drawn into time travel stories?
do i really have that many regrets?
Oct 8, 2017 1:58 AM
Sep 2017
Wiziliz said:
Z-Dante said:
Not when compared to the LN illustrations.. They pretty much ruined Lalatina (formal) and YunYun's character design..
I'm not just referring to the art style, but the animation style too. Everything moved so much, it was alive and fun. Some series may look pretty but still be boring in comparison to KonoSuba because of boring animation, like Charlotte and DanMachi.

Aw, I loved Danmachi and thought the animation wasn't bad
Dec 6, 2017 1:55 AM

Mar 2014
WashingMachine45 said:

You say this but you know...Not everyone can read Japanese. Also Im pretty sure the Light novels haven't caught up enough to the latest volumes.

People like me can only rely on waiting for newer volumes or the anime for further material
"You can't spell slaughter without laughter".
Dec 18, 2017 10:21 AM

Nov 2014
--ALEX-- said:
Spice and Wolf Season 3

thank you for reminding me the pain of not seeing a new season....

Dec 29, 2017 9:54 PM
Feb 2017
Hufffft i like this funny anime, why no have 3 season
Jan 14, 2018 2:58 PM
Dec 2016
HueyLion said:
WashingMachine45 said:

You say this but you know...Not everyone can read Japanese. Also Im pretty sure the Light novels haven't caught up enough to the latest volumes.

People like me can only rely on waiting for newer volumes or the anime for further material

amazon has up to vol. 4 as of right now. you can look online for later volumes and buy them as they come out
Jan 14, 2018 3:01 PM
Dec 2016
envy__ said:
sooo where do i start reading if i want to continue from where the anime left off?

I highly recommend that you read the first four volumes because it's a fun read, if not start at volume five.
Jan 18, 2018 2:20 PM
Oct 2017
Okay..it's six months since this thread was started. Any updates?
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2017

340 by V121ONENDWAR »»
Apr 22, 3:36 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2017

233 by V121ONENDWAR »»
Apr 17, 1:14 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2017

223 by V121ONENDWAR »»
Apr 16, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2017

171 by 0451 »»
Apr 10, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 22, 2017

188 by 0451 »»
Apr 10, 7:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.