Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jun 7, 2017 12:04 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
There's not much to discuss for each clip, so I'll just have a general discussion here.

Anyways, the clips were nice. My favorite songs were Black and White and Coloring. The Yahho one is the most entertaining video. I wonder what the "?" is?
MistyBlueJun 7, 2017 12:14 AM
May 27, 2020 4:38 AM

Sep 2011
The official channel blocked it, for only Youtube Premium users now sadly :(
I did find it somewhere else though, so yay!

About the music clips, the mv's are meh but the songs are pretty good!
I want to sleep...
Aug 14, 2020 8:22 AM
🐰KawaiiDaikaiju🐲

Nov 2017
Official track listing from the “Music Clips” CD release (translations in parentheses provided by Google Translate):

1. ポーカーフェイス (Poker Face)
2. 「?」
3. 私だけの物語 (My Own Story)
4. Never Ending Story
5. Black or White?
6. Step by Step!
7. ONE WEEK
8. モノクローム (Monochrome)
9. バニラソルト (Vanilla Salt)
10. Coloring
11. YAHHO!!
12. try again
13. キミとボク (You and Me)
14. White Xmas
15. Candy Parade

MAL only references 14 clips, presumably they’re not counting “My Own Story” since it has its own database entry (under “Miss Monochrome: Watashi dake no Monogatari”).

Track listing taken from:
https://www.play-asia.com/miss-monochrome-music-clips/13/70aadp

Official Miss Monochrome Youtube channel “Music Clips” playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLX8SZH-AwMfzLZ4NFfHEWFUaCrltemXCQ

Playlist currently has 16 tracks, as it includes two versions of “Poker Face” (Full-length & shorter “Youtube ver.”, which is still longer than the ED version from season 1).
gappasaurusAug 14, 2020 9:14 AM
“SAITO! YOU NEED TO EXPLODE! FOR THE WORLD’S SAKE!”
Feb 18, 2022 5:20 AM

Feb 2020
Miss Monochrome is so cute. :3
Mar 29, 2022 7:06 PM

Aug 2012
I considered making episode discussion threads for each video but decided against it. I somewhat regret it since I do have a decent amount to say about several videos but too late now, at least I won't be known as that creep who made 14 threads to talk about a Miss Monochrome dancing. I did however make sure to rank all them as I watched.

1. Yahho!!
2. [?]
3. Coloring
4. Black or White?
5. Poker Face
6. Monochrome
7. You and Me
8. Never Ending Story
9. One Week
10. White Xmas
11. try again
12. Candy Parade
13. Step by Step!
14. Vanilla Salt

Yahho! might not have been number one if I was just scoring these individual but it's absolutely number one in the context of them as a group. It's far from the best song but the video is such a breath of fresh air. It's the only video that gives you something else to focus on besides Miss Monochrome dancing. I appreciated that so much because she's a good dancer and all but it gets so boring when that's the only thing really going on. My interest isn't even retained all the way through some songs, let alone 14 of them.

In terms of songs, I pretty much agree with OP MistyBlue about which the best songs were. I do think the problem is that these songs have a tendency to all blend together, there's not a ton of variety here, those two are some of the more clearly different sounding ones I think. Or perhaps they're just the ones I liked the much. I think most of the songs are fine, a few of them near the bottom of the ranking are a bit too boring or get close to annoying, but I like more than I don't.

My rankings tried to weight both but video was definitely the more important factor. I'd say the top 5 are likely an 8/10 for me. 6 would be a 7/10. 7 & 8 would be a 6/10. 9 would be a 5/10. 10-12 would be a 4/10. And 13-14 would be a 3/10.

So my average score of all 14 would be a 5.9 so I'll give this a 6/10.
Dec 13, 2023 7:59 PM
Feb 2020
I swear I can hear Miku in the background. How is this not Miku?
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.