Forum Settings
Forums

❤♡❤♡❤♡ What's your favorite Romance Anime? And Why???????????? ❤♡❤♡❤♡

New
May 9, 2017 7:11 PM

Aug 2008
I don't think this topic get discussed that much here. So I got to ask this~ :3

For me, it is ef - A Tale of Memories & its sequel ef - A Tale of Melodies. Which I both gave 10/10.

Everything in them seemed to fit well, the characters, story, art & everything else. I liked the openings & endings too.. Above that, the presentation was excellent, way different than what we see in other similar Anime. It was an excellent adaptation of the visual novels.

And besides Miyako, one of my favorite characters ever, let's not forget that it has one of the best Anime couples ever:-

And this couple too:-

So, tell me. What's your favorite romance Anime, and why????????????????
SweetMoniaSep 5, 2018 7:27 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 9, 2017 8:04 PM

Apr 2017
I have just put a thread in regard to shojo.
And some people say I am a wuss coz |I enjoy some shojo hehe.

My favourite romance will be Lovely Complex.
Why? Because of stereotypes and how perfectly matched couple denies that in light of stereotypes, but finally come together.

I think there will be something simmilar altou I havent watched it yet and it is Peach Girl
May 9, 2017 8:19 PM

Aug 2008
Saji_Genpou said:
I have just put a thread in regard to shojo.
And some people say I am a wuss coz |I enjoy some shojo hehe.

My favourite romance will be Lovely Complex.
Why? Because of stereotypes and how perfectly matched couple denies that in light of stereotypes, but finally come together.

I think there will be something simmilar altou I havent watched it yet and it is Peach Girl
People like that can be narrow-minded. Shoujo is hands-down my favorite genre at all. ^^

Yeah, that's a good point about Lovely Complex. I didn't watch Peach Girl though.
May 9, 2017 8:23 PM

Apr 2017
As much as I know about Peach Girl is that she is tanned and everybody thinks she is a slut. She is not like that and tries to get some guy.

I sounds really interesting to me so this one is my next to watch.

I am interested in psychological side of humans and in any genre if there is something substantial it will interest me.
May 9, 2017 8:29 PM

Aug 2008
Saji_Genpou said:
As much as I know about Peach Girl is that she is tanned and everybody thinks she is a slut. She is not like that and tries to get some guy.

I sounds really interesting to me so this one is my next to watch.

I am interested in psychological side of humans and in any genre if there is something substantial it will interest me.
The idea is interesting if done well. If I was watching Anime as I used to, I would have probably picked it up to see how it is~
May 9, 2017 8:32 PM

Apr 2017
I will briefly refer it to you after I saw it.
May 9, 2017 8:33 PM

Aug 2008
Saji_Genpou said:
I will briefly refer it to you after I saw it.
That would be helpful, merci~
May 9, 2017 10:33 PM

Apr 2017
My favorite romance anime. That a tough one, but I would have to say Eureka Seven because it was the first anime I saw that got me interested in the romance genre. I enjoy watching Renton and Eureka bond grow over time as they have to deal with a war happening around them. I felt the romance between them was well done, none​ of that girl randomly falls in love with guy for no reason mess.
May 9, 2017 11:44 PM

Oct 2016
I think Rumbling Hearts is my top pick~ I don't know why but the characters and the premise were realistic in a sense. >.<

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

May 10, 2017 12:09 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Probably White Album 2. So beautiful, so emotional yet still so real. Kimi ga Nozomu Eien and Kuzu no Honkai are also pretty far up there for similar reasons

Nana and Nodame Cantabile are really good too
May 10, 2017 12:43 AM

Aug 2013
Kara no Kyoukai

edit:
Why?! BECAUSE STORY ART PLOT MUSIC 10/10
And the romance itself doesnt ruin the animu, infact it makes it even better xd

Another is Kaichou wa Maid-sama, Akagami no Shirayuki hime.

I just love romance that doesnt have conflict, just plain beautiful huehuehuehue
AzuyorouMay 10, 2017 12:56 AM
May 10, 2017 1:33 AM

Feb 2012
@sweetmonia ~~ to the tomorrow that gleams with light ~~
ach ef... what a ride

@Saji_Genpou according to malgraph Im wuss too, SoL and shoujo is on 2nd and 3rd place in my favorites... Im not even mad

I love anime from Makoto Shinkai, beautiful art, soundtrack, story. My favorite would probably be 5cms, as I dont enjoy happy endings that much and somehow I can relate to this very well. It feels real to me and I can share my pain with the characters.

But its so hard to have just one favorite, there is so many good romance anime ^^ , sakurasou, orange, fuuka, baby steps, air, true tears... the list would go on and on :D

May 10, 2017 7:26 AM

Apr 2017
@MultiLeon hehe cool I have just finished Peach Girl.

It is really good, tense to the last moment but with happy ending.

I would recommend it.
May 10, 2017 7:50 AM

Nov 2015
Probally Clannad/Clannad after story the 1st, just because I like drama on romance animes and that one has a lot of episodies for season and those makes you, learn abaut and understand more the characters, probally the 2nd is Shigatsu Wa Kimi no Uso (Your lie in April) for the same reasons.
Also, I have to see Anohana (Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi Wa Mada Shiranai) so let's see :3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 10, 2017 8:00 AM

Dec 2015
Bokura Wa Minna Kawaisou would be my 1st pick, though it's not pure romance It's a RomCom

I think hmmmm, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Clannad and ef series
May 10, 2017 8:11 AM

Apr 2017
I also liked 5cm per second.

It was a great film with interesting ending and a lot before that.
May 10, 2017 8:12 AM

Dec 2015
@Saji_Genpou
Watch Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou for amazing romance and never ending laughter
May 10, 2017 8:15 AM

Apr 2017
@VampyMegane

Firstly: Ohaio, I am new to the club and I am verry happy to be a part of Cafe

And thanks for suggestion, I will check it out
May 10, 2017 8:18 AM

Dec 2015
@Saji_Genpou
Welcome Welcome~ I've been here for a long while, we're glad to have you among us ~ ^^

This character is going to make you laugh so hard that your eyes will tear up
https://myanimelist.net/character/95633/Mayumi_Nishikino
May 10, 2017 8:21 AM

Apr 2017
@VampyMegane |Arigatou

I read the synopsis of this animu you recomended and I already laughed. All caracters are interesting this must be something good, I will definetely watch it.
May 10, 2017 8:37 AM

Dec 2016
I think my favorite romance anime is Momokuri, just cause of how cute it is!

In truth, there are way better romance anime like Orange and Scum's Wish for example, but those made me cry, a lot.
And Momokuri is just too sweet and cute!

I think it pretty much sums up how I want my romantic life to be,
If I will ever be in a relationship, I want it to be like in Momokuri <3

shit!! he got me! that fucking Poly
boomed me! he's so good! (x4)
May 10, 2017 9:23 AM
Apr 2017
Golden Time and Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. Mostly because they get together rather quickly and spend the rest of the show more or less together dealing with personal issues and relationship drama instead of 12 or 24 episodes of will they won't they confess angst.

Bonus: in the category of non romance anime that have a good and satisfying romantic sub plot? Steins Gate.
Animepleb28May 10, 2017 5:08 PM
May 10, 2017 12:07 PM

Jan 2017
Golden Time. It was my first romance, and i love the fact that, just like the person above me already said in their post, they didn't spend 12 or 24 episodes debating if they want to get together or even like each other. I like to see a story where their relationship as a couple develops and grows, because I think there are more interesting things to say about that than what we usually get.

May 10, 2017 5:25 PM

May 2016
Overall: Kimi No Nawa.

Wasted potential: It could be White Album 2 if the author wasn't decided to sell another VN.

If movies don’t count, here is the episodic ones:

Toradora: Strong climatic scenes

Steins; Gate (It's not the main plot, but who cares):

Kokoro Connect:

May 11, 2017 6:25 AM

Aug 2008
Animepleb28 said:
Golden Time and Dusk Maiden of Amnesia. Mostly because they get together rather quickly and spend the rest of the show more or less together dealing with personal issues and relationship drama instead of 12 or 24 episodes of will they won't they confess angst.
Sygnum said:
Golden Time. It was my first romance, and i love the fact that, just like the person above me already said in their post, they didn't spend 12 or 24 episodes debating if they want to get together or even like each other. I like to see a story where their relationship as a couple develops and grows, because I think there are more interesting things to say about that than what we usually get.
Yes. I like that part about Golden Time myself. My biggest complain about romance is keeping the lovers away from each others for a long time, and sometimes for stupid reasons.
May 11, 2017 6:35 AM
♡( •ॢ◡-ॢ)✧˖° ♡

Dec 2014
SweetMonia said:
Animepleb28 said:
Sygnum said:
Yes. I like that part about Golden Time myself. My biggest complain about romance is keeping the lovers away from each others for a long time, and sometimes for stupid reasons.

You will like Ore Monogatari in that case, give it a try sometimes.^^

Note: It's not Monogatari series

(っ◔◡◔)っ 𝓘 𝔀𝓲𝓼𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓱𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝓪 𝔀𝓸𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓯𝓾𝓵 𝓭𝓪𝔂 ♥
May 11, 2017 7:11 AM

Feb 2012
Saji_Genpou said:
@MultiLeon hehe cool I have just finished Peach Girl.

It is really good, tense to the last moment but with happy ending.

I would recommend it.

TY I will put in to my watch list :)

DW_lazy said:

In truth, there are way better romance anime like Orange and Scum's Wish for example, but those made me cry, a lot.

Orange was amazing till the end, I didnt expect that but got blown away...

May 11, 2017 8:37 AM

Dec 2016
MultiLeon said:
DW_lazy said:

Orange was amazing till the end, I didnt expect that but got blown away...

shit!! he got me! that fucking Poly
boomed me! he's so good! (x4)
May 11, 2017 8:56 AM
Apr 2017
SweetMonia said:
Animepleb28 said:
Sygnum said:
Yeah I wish more anime did it that way and showed us the two lovers together in a relationship working at it to be happy. I found that more interesting than the usual stuff.
May 11, 2017 9:44 AM
Tuturuuuuuu

Sep 2016
If I need to choose one anime that romance is the main genre, i guess for sure i'd pick Golden Time, so far.... but i guess the best romance I saw until now is
DudufranchiMay 11, 2017 9:49 AM
May 13, 2017 12:13 AM

Dec 2015
I've seen a couple of really great ones, but if I had to choose... I'll go also with both both EF: Memories and Melodies and White Album 2. And it's not only because of the romance, but every other aspect in them (animation, art, visuals, story, and especially music). These ones really got to me and had me engaged in them until the end.
May 13, 2017 4:23 AM

Aug 2008
Animepleb28 said:
SweetMonia said:
Yeah I wish more anime did it that way and showed us the two lovers together in a relationship working at it to be happy. I found that more interesting than the usual stuff.
+1
May 13, 2017 4:23 AM

Aug 2008
julipr said:
I've seen a couple of really great ones, but if I had to choose... I'll go also with both both EF: Memories and Melodies and White Album 2. And it's not only because of the romance, but every other aspect in them (animation, art, visuals, story, and especially music). These ones really got to me and had me engaged in them until the end.
Yay. A fellow ef fan. Hello & welcome to my café~ ^^
May 13, 2017 4:32 AM

Apr 2016
Well that would definitely be Spice and Wolf, and the LN is even better... still waiting for third season...
May 13, 2017 11:22 AM

Dec 2015
SweetMonia said:
julipr said:

Thank you! It's really nice here. :)
And I'm glad to see you're a fan too, I don't know why but I don't see many people mention/talk about EF (It's GREAT)
May 13, 2017 11:33 AM
Apr 2017
julipr said:
SweetMonia said:

And I'm glad to see you're a fan too, I don't know why but I don't see many people mention/talk about EF (It's GREAT)
I have ef melodies on my radar but wasn't a huge fan of memories. Is it more of the same or better?
May 13, 2017 11:41 AM

Dec 2015
Animepleb28 said:
julipr said:

I have ef melodies on my radar but wasn't a huge fan of memories. Is it more of the same or better?

I personally like it more than memories, but again both are great.It's a continuation, but instead of focusing on the main characters of memories (teens), it focuses on the supporting cast (mostly the adults). You'll learn the backgrounds of them and also you'll get answers you might had from memories. I recommend it, whenever you have time, give it a try.
May 13, 2017 11:55 AM
Apr 2017
julipr said:
Animepleb28 said:

I personally like it more than memories, but again both are great.It's a continuation, but instead of focusing on the main characters of memories (teens), it focuses on the supporting cast (mostly the adults). You'll learn the backgrounds of them and also you'll get answers you might had from memories. I recommend it, whenever you have time, give it a try.
Thanks for the info! The part about it focusing on adults instead of teens reallly got me more interested to try it!
May 13, 2017 12:03 PM

Dec 2015
Animepleb28 said:
julipr said:

Thanks for the info! The part about it focusing on adults instead of teens reallly got me more interested to try it!

No problem! Glad I could be of any help. If you get to watch it, tell me what you thought about it!
May 18, 2017 9:57 AM
Oct 2016
Zero no Tsukaima, I love the characters and the relationship that develops between the two it is slow and yes she is a tsundere but at times the fights are serious and very personal between the two, not to mention how far and to what extent saito is willing to go for luise
May 20, 2017 1:58 AM

Aug 2014
Romance huh... Hmm... I have to go for Rakudai Kishi no Eiyuutan as both of them loves each other and try to support each other so they can go forward towards their respective goal together...
May 21, 2017 4:13 PM

Mar 2011
Akatsuki no Yona, because everything about it is amazing. I really enjoy an Adventure/Action type of Anime, but this one goes beyond because it has amazing characters, a good story, some really good action scenes, and some romance. The female protagonist is adorable and scary sometimes. Which, I could also consider Inu-Yasha with this aspect as well, but the romance even being a good point in the series it's not exactly the main focus in here, and it doesn't happen often, which is the case for both actually, but since one is 25 and the other is 190 episodes there is a difference, and also one is completed the other isn't, still Inu-Yasha is a good action/comedy/drama/shounen/romance anime.

I also watched Clannad which is a really good romance anime, but since I like the action/adventure genre more, I prefer Akatsuki. But, if we consider only the romance aspect, definitely Clannad. Especially because Akatsuki having a hint of romance, it's not explicit, we all know what to expect but it doesn't really happen, at least it the fist season that we have so far, which I hope we get a second.

There are also some other amazing romance Anime, like Aishiteruze Baby, Kimi ni Todoke with a better focus in the romance part of it. But there is also the ones which have romance but focus more in comedy Ore Monogatari, Kaichou Wa Maid Sama.

And now movies, which I like to separate from TV series. The best romance movies there are two tied in the first spot for me which are Kimi no na Wa and Koe no Katachi, two 10/10 movies. But, as a movie, in story and etc, I liked Kimi no na Wa more because it had more unpredictability, which in the case of Koe no Katachi it's more predictable, at least to me. And there is also Hotarubi no Mori e a good one, just not as good as the others.
May 31, 2017 2:37 PM
Aug 2016
This is so hard! I am a sucker for romance! I love the romance anime that make my heart squeeze from all the lovey-dovey stuff. In that case, the one that would have to do it for me is Sukitte Ii na yo. I really enjoyed all the characters in this one. Also the sweetness between the main couple makes me smile so hard.

Another romance anime I really enjoyed was Nodame Cantabile. I love side character couples, and this one had a-lot of good ones.
May 31, 2017 7:40 PM

Mar 2010
Hmmm, I'd say Full Metal Panic. Of course, that includes the novels as well...but the anime, especially Fumoffu, makes for a great romance story.

I like it because the romance is slow but apparent, and not forced unlike some anime. There's character development worthy of a romance as well. Too bad there's no 4th (and 5 or 6th) season...
Jun 10, 2017 12:39 PM

Nov 2013
A forth season is coming @natsukage I'm so excited about it.. really looking forward to >/////<

I would also pick Full Metal Panic.. not really the anime, but the manga stigma though. Just like my sensei already said, it's not forced and feels really natural how they build up their feelings. The MC is also one of my all time favorite characters. Usually the MCs in romances are kinda.. not my cup of tea but here he isn't as clueless as in so many other shows lol.
Moreover, the final scene of the manga gave me everything I needed, really satisfying and emotional.
"Be wary - triumphant pride precipitates a dizzying fall..."
Three circles make a triangle ▲, four a square ■ and five a star ★
Click the circles
...to the beat

http://sig.grumpybumpers.com/host/Hotchy.gif

[center]

Jun 30, 2017 2:01 PM

Dec 2013
Clannad After Story because im a normie.

(Not including visual novels and manga)

“Please take responsibility, okay?”

Jul 3, 2017 4:41 PM
ehhhhhh

Jun 2016
Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso and Eureka Seven
I'm no Weeaboo
I'm Katsura
Aug 12, 2017 3:38 AM

Aug 2017
I'm not that much into Romance Anime but I'd say Toradora but I also enjoyed Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso even if the main plot isn't Romance :D
I also really love Koe no Katachi and Kimi no na wa
Aug 14, 2017 8:50 AM

Aug 2017
tsuki ga kirei - for pure romance but not boring
seto no hanayome - so much fun, that made me laugh so hard, but the romance so good too
 Live in life, die in death. Follow your heart, do what you can 
     ─ ─ ─ ─ ─ ────┐

└─────── ─ ─ ─    
Aug 14, 2017 8:53 AM

Aug 2008
R-unknown said:
tsuki ga kirei - for pure romance but not boring
seto no hanayome - so much fun, that made me laugh so hard, but the romance so good too
I was recommended "Tsuki ga kirei" just yesterday. I may watch it soon to see how it goes :>
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» When I say __________ What's the first thing that comes to mind V.11:- Nihaha~ Edition~ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Jan 19, 2019

5769 by TheBigGuy »»
6 hours ago

» ^Say something about the cute girl above you V.32:- Princess Lamina Edition ✩☽✩✩ ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Apr 8, 2020

5740 by TheBigGuy »»
6 hours ago

» Post your CTRL + V ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Aug 17, 2018

1053 by Ichigo_Magic »»
Mar 28, 3:46 PM

» Who am I????????؟؟؟؟ - Guess The Anime Character... ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

SweetMonia - Jul 26, 2013

3509 by Cinna »»
Nov 13, 2023 5:11 AM

Sticky: » My new cat =(*.*)= ( 1 2 )

SweetMonia - Mar 7, 2015

90 by SweetMonia »»
Aug 10, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.