Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 27, 2017 3:16 PM
May 2010
I have been trying for hours to change my password from the recovery password. I have tried passwords with 10 characters to 36 characters and nothing works. I get No errors messages. All I get is that damn message in red under the New password box saying "Weak Password".

Did anyone ever get past this?
Apr 27, 2017 5:53 PM
ONE MORE PULL

Aug 2012
Shazam0285 said:
I have been trying for hours to change my password from the recovery password. I have tried passwords with 10 characters to 36 characters and nothing works. I get No errors messages. All I get is that damn message in red under the New password box saying "Weak Password".

Did anyone ever get past this?

It is because your password is too easy. It wants you to have a secure password, it's been a while since I registered on here so I don't remember the requirements for passwords but for complete assurance I would suggest your password contain atleast: 1 capital letter, 1 lowercase letter, 1 number, 1 symbol (!@#$%^&*).

You can do without adding a symbol if you really can't be asked, but try making a password that contains atleast 1 of the rest and is 7 or more characters long.
(Example: Polaroid1$) Don't use this, as it's just an example.
Apr 27, 2017 7:47 PM

Oct 2015
I actually had a hard time registering an account back then because of the 10 character minimum so I had to use a password that contains my real name just because I can't get any password to work.

Just type words which makes up 10 characters
Apr 27, 2017 8:46 PM
May 2010
Did either of you finished reading what I said?? Cause I said I have tried a 10 characters password and it didn't work then I tried a password with 36 characters and that didn't work. Well thanks for trying to help.
Apr 28, 2017 2:36 AM

Jun 2015
Shazam0285 said:
Did either of you finished reading what I said?? Cause I said I have tried a 10 characters password and it didn't work then I tried a password with 36 characters and that didn't work. Well thanks for trying to help.
no, it doesn't matter much how many characters you have, you have to have at least one of everything @Ame said.

Please say if you have used symbols or not. if you have, the i'm sorry if I sounded rude.

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Apr 28, 2017 3:17 AM

Aug 2016
What I did: logged myself out, clicked forgot password since I had actually forgotten it, and let MAL generate one for me. Till now I have stuck with it and saved it on my computer so I don't lose it. The one MAL made up had capital letters, lowercase letters and 1 number too.
Apr 28, 2017 4:18 AM
ONE MORE PULL

Aug 2012
Shazam0285 said:

@Shazam0285 The character limit is 10. So you must have 1 capital letter, 1 lowercase letter, 10 characters, and possibly a symbol.

Try this and then report back if it worked or not.
Apr 28, 2017 3:57 PM
Mar 2017
It's a horrible system tbh. It defeats the point of security if you have to write down your passwords everywhere to not forget them (or rely on autofill and have to keep changing your convoluted alien cryptogram password when you get a new computer)

it's just kinda weird that my animes are harder to break into than my bank account info
dickteautwinsApr 28, 2017 4:02 PM
Apr 28, 2017 4:04 PM
ONE MORE PULL

Aug 2012
dickteautwins said:
It's a horrible system tbh. It defeats the point of security if you have to write down your passwords everywhere to not forget them (or rely on autofill and have to keep changing your convoluted alien cryptogram password when you get a new computer)

I personally have my password(s) saved in notepad to use in case of the unfortunate potential of autofill not working or deleting my autofills. The point of secure passwords is for them to be strong enough to where someone couldn't talk to you for a few days and guess your password based on the simplistic likes/dislikes you have or by asking for your personal information. The more innovative your password is, you remove the chances of your password being guessed indefinitely.
May 18, 2017 2:47 PM
May 2010
Sadly I have tried everything except making a whole new account. Nontheless thank you and Ill keep trying

More topics from this board

» I can't use forums using Windows High Contrast anymore

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

5 by vasipi4946 »»
2 hours ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3372 by GARFIELDD666 »»
Yesterday, 10:02 PM

» [Reported] Username being auto-pasted into search bar

DariTheWeeb - Feb 19

49 by DeadPiles »»
Yesterday, 6:03 PM

» IP ban glitch?

AverageRiceFan - Apr 21

2 by hich4n_ »»
Yesterday, 12:15 PM

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

127 by Spunkert »»
Yesterday, 6:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.