Forum Settings
Forums

What other forms of media are, for you, comparable to the entertainment provided by anime?

New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 25, 2017 3:57 PM

Oct 2014
Playing and watching sports are my favorite forms of entertainment, but anime is a close second.
Apr 25, 2017 3:58 PM

Sep 2015
Books and manga are great sources of entertainment. But I guess manga do have a link with anime, which may validate my answer.

Music is also a wonderful thing to have ever existed. There is a deeper meaning to that music itself; from the musician's articulate thoughts and imaginations to the very exact feeling every time you hear that clank of a tune that struck a chord in your heart. It gets very scary how some piece of music could just ruin or replace your mental being. Yeah, you can guess that I am listening to 'that' piece right now.
Apr 25, 2017 4:36 PM

Sep 2009
TheBrainintheJar said:
MortalMelancholy said:

Musical notes are what we use to describe the recognition of mathematic relationships between sound frequencies that are innate to humans. (For example humans will recognize a close relationship between middle and treble C (one octave above), because treble C is 2x the frequency.). Sounds that do not have such a relationship will only appear as "noise." Music is music because of human tendency towards patterns, and is thus psychological.

I agree with your description of notes, but 'noise' is a big part of music. Since all music is essentially noise we just happen to find aesthetic value in. It doesn't make notes useless at all. Like any language, they're integral to create and understand. It's just that music isn't just notes.

Noise and music are mutually exclusive.
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Apr 25, 2017 4:56 PM

Jun 2016
None. Animation is the ultimate form of media. Anything live action films and TV shows can do, animation can do. It might sound like I'm exaggerating, but really, if you think about it, I'm not.

I personally don't like playing video games anymore because they're too time consuming. I'll play retro games every now and then, but modern games just take too long to play. The amount of time I put into something doesn't equal how much enjoyment I get from it. By the time I play a game that takes me say, 100 hours to beat, I could watch around 20 anime, which would give me far more enjoyment in the end.

Books are okay I guess, I personally don't like them as much as animation though.
Apr 26, 2017 7:19 AM

May 2015
MortalMelancholy said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

I agree with your description of notes, but 'noise' is a big part of music. Since all music is essentially noise we just happen to find aesthetic value in. It doesn't make notes useless at all. Like any language, they're integral to create and understand. It's just that music isn't just notes.

Noise and music are mutually exclusive.

Depends on context, honestly.

'Music' is a word whose purpose is to differentiate certain sounds from 'noise'. Because the sounds of music have a specific purpose and way of coming to being. I agree. What I mean by 'noise is a part of music' is that non-musical sounds, sounds we don't use notes or traditional theory to explain are an integral part of some music. They use 'noise' for it.

We need some extra words to help make these definitions clearer.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Apr 26, 2017 8:19 AM

Mar 2017
Mmmm...
Im new to anime but the last show that i watch for example was parayste and i fucking loved that!!! Im trying to say that as much that i like shows like game of thrones or how much i like to read books, i cant see something that i enjoyed like watching anime
Apr 26, 2017 8:32 AM
Apr 2011
Well, there's video games, American cartoons, and certain live action shows.
Apr 28, 2017 8:55 PM

Dec 2015
Online games (MMORPG), watching sports (basketball & soccer)
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Do we need more 30 year old waifus?

Catalano - Today

32 by Hikinekomori »»
3 minutes ago

» World Masterpiece Theater are hidden gems.

Zhenro - 8 hours ago

20 by Lucifrost »»
4 minutes ago

» Best official subs for og Naruto?

TheQuench - 4 hours ago

2 by TheQuench »»
14 minutes ago

Poll: » Your favourite genre with predominantly female cast?

Sanjay63773 - Yesterday

30 by Lucifrost »»
36 minutes ago

» What are some anime memes from the late 2000's to early 2010's that you still remeber fondly ?

tchitchouan - Today

7 by -Ryu »»
40 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.