Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 24, 2017 6:37 PM

Jun 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
So, the Xiang girl never knew they were her real parents...
Dec 3, 2017 6:39 AM
Aug 2008
rodolfoemiliano said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

Who said she they were?

Anyway I really wanted to see a discussion between the mother and the Gugu including the Condor Hero.
Apr 2, 2018 11:31 PM

May 2015
*Clap, Clap*

Now that was an adventure. Yang Guo and Xiaolong finally get the peace they wanted after so many years. *teardrop*.

This is the second part in the trilogy, right? I heard the third part is 50 years later or something. I wonder if Guo Xiang is still there. I liked her.

*Deep Breath*. Now I really want to read the novels and watch the live-action series.
Aug 7, 2018 11:30 PM

May 2010
The ending felt out of nowhere for me...but I am glad I went through this series.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 30, 2020 1:39 AM
Aug 2015
Tarotist said:
*Clap, Clap*

Now that was an adventure. Yang Guo and Xiaolong finally get the peace they wanted after so many years. *teardrop*.

This is the second part in the trilogy, right? I heard the third part is 50 years later or something. I wonder if Guo Xiang is still there. I liked her.

*Deep Breath*. Now I really want to read the novels and watch the live-action series.

The third part of the Condor Trilogy mainly takes place more than 100 years after this, but it does open with Guo Xiang's adventure of trying to meet Yang Guo again in the first 2 chapters.

Ken_ChenAug 30, 2020 1:43 AM
Aug 30, 2020 1:46 AM
Aug 2015
Rod_Russ said:

Her real parents are Guo Jing and Huang Rong.

She just really want to get in the pants of Yang Guo.

Aug 30, 2020 1:50 AM
Aug 2015
Confucius said:
The ending felt out of nowhere for me...but I am glad I went through this series.

lol that's how the original novel ends, mostly.

The anime neglected the small sequel setup at the end, but the new characters involved are only supporting characters in that sequel, and that sequel takes place more than 100 years later so who really cares in the context of this anime.
Aug 31, 2020 5:33 PM

May 2010
Ken_Chen said:
Confucius said:

The anime neglected the small sequel setup at the end, but the new characters involved are only supporting characters in that sequel, and that sequel takes place more than 100 years later so who really cares in the context of this anime.

Yeah there is a drama for that too, but I am just too lazy to watch 3d. Also regarding your other comment, I knew it was an adaption from a novel. What I meant was "who wrote this garbage scene?", it was just so laughably convenient the rapist was there and how it all "resolved"
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 31, 2020 5:49 PM
Aug 2015
Confucius said:
Ken_Chen said:

Yeah there is a drama for that too, but I am just too lazy to watch 3d. Also regarding your other comment, I knew it was an adaption from a novel. What I meant was "who wrote this garbage scene?", it was just so laughably convenient the rapist was there and how it all "resolved"

The author of this novel is a famous fictional martial arts novelist, he wrote many novels , this one in particular was written in the late 1950s, and it was the second in a trilogy.

His novels have been adapted into many TV dramas and movies across Hong Kong, Mainland China, Taiwan, etc. The story this anime is based on in particular has been adapted no less than 10 times. Latest adaptation was in 2019

All I can say is Chinese readers of the novel have a very different reaction than yours regarding the rape scene; people feel shocked or tragic rather the rational thought of what's the guy doing there.

More topics from this board

» Remake

serdtje - Mar 15, 2017

2 by chriskris91 »»
Jan 12, 2023 3:14 AM

Poll: » Shin Chou Kyou Ryo: Condor Hero III Episode 23 Discussion

Soren - Jan 18, 2016

5 by abdulaziz1 »»
Sep 8, 2020 6:42 PM

Poll: » Shin Chou Kyou Ryo: Condor Hero III Episode 25 Discussion

Confucius - May 28, 2018

0 by Confucius »»
May 28, 2018 2:39 AM

Poll: » Shin Chou Kyou Ryo: Condor Hero III Episode 2 Discussion

Confucius - May 25, 2018

0 by Confucius »»
May 25, 2018 4:32 AM

» Is it Subbed Yet?

Tee - Jun 19, 2016

4 by Rod_Russ »»
Mar 14, 2017 4:15 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.