Forum Settings
Forums

An Anime With A Seemingly Childlish MC But Actually Has A Dark Past

New
Feb 24, 2017 3:02 AM

Jul 2016
I'm looking for an anime that has a seemingly goofy, reckless and childlish MC but later on is revealed to have a mysterious and dark/tragic past. It could be any genre but preferably action, adventure, or comedy. I'll list some examples below that's similar to what I'm looking for.

Noragami - Yato
Assassination Classroom - Koro Sensei
Rick and Morty - Rick (it's not an anime but Rick's character is really what I'm looking for)

P.S.
I would also like it to have some unexpected feels. Also, Gintama is on my plan to watch list
PrimeRevenirFeb 24, 2017 3:29 AM
Feb 24, 2017 3:12 AM

Mar 2016
Rokka no yuusha(kind of)
Kotoura san(kind of)
The Law of Ueki
Sora No Manimani
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia
Feb 24, 2017 4:12 AM

Feb 2016
Meliodas from Seven Deadly Sins fits...actually almost all the characters from Seven Deadly Sins fits and it's got some feels and everyone(and I do mean everyone) has a dark/mysterious past

"Non-cancellable, non-refundable, and I'll never leave you. Regret isn't an option."-Aisaka Taiga,Toradora
Feb 25, 2017 7:54 AM

Jul 2016
littlegiant9330 said:
Rokka no yuusha(kind of)
Kotoura san(kind of)
The Law of Ueki
Sora No Manimani
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia

I quickly grew bored of Rokka no Yuusha. It's just not my taste, but I'll check out the rest. Thank you!
Feb 25, 2017 7:55 AM

Jul 2016
Devasabu said:
Meliodas from Seven Deadly Sins fits...actually almost all the characters from Seven Deadly Sins fits and it's got some feels and everyone(and I do mean everyone) has a dark/mysterious past

Yes, I'm now currently watching the 3rd episode and it's very close to what I'm looking for. Thank you!
Feb 25, 2017 8:09 AM

Feb 2016
PrimeRevenir said:
Devasabu said:

Yes, I'm now currently watching the 3rd episode and it's very close to what I'm looking for. Thank you!

You're welcome and keep watching the dark past is yet to be revealed

"Non-cancellable, non-refundable, and I'll never leave you. Regret isn't an option."-Aisaka Taiga,Toradora

More topics from this board

» Pure comedy anime with no drama, suggestions?

JustSomeone15 - Yesterday

6 by zckfox »»
4 hours ago

» What to watch next?

ScuzzyBear - 7 hours ago

1 by Zarutaku »»
7 hours ago

» Rec fantasy/isekai anime without OP MC

D5rkUnl0ck3r - 11 hours ago

3 by D5rkUnl0ck3r »»
8 hours ago

» Short Series Recs (12-26 eps).

pludel2 - May 10

15 by M2zC »»
Today, 10:36 AM

» Looking for a non-harem Isekai anime

Michael_Mika - Mar 14

20 by OfficialMango »»
Today, 2:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.