Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 9, 2017 7:11 AM
Apr 2014
Hello, I just finished Psyren and so I'm looking for similar stuff. Long enough series ( 10 to 30 volumes maybe? ) and not too old.

What I liked the most was how people had inner capacities and exploited them, they would develop it in interesting ways that match with their style. You can find that feature in a lot of mangas ( just like in Naruto, somewhat ) but I really liked how it was done in Psyren. Jojo and HunterxHunter would probably be what I'm looking for, but I want to look for more.The fights were interesting and sort of realistic, I don't really like the random power ups and stuff like that, unless it's really well done.

I've also liked the drama and the romance ( was a little too slow and light for me though ) and the art that felt sort-of serious . I don't really like things that can look childish/grotesque ( like in one piece/torriko and in a smaller scale Fairy Tail ). I'm not looking for boring, realistic art though, rather for serious and "artistic" kind of thing.

The setting can be anything, preferably not school life,etc. but it's alright if it's well done. It can be about super powers or martial art, it doesn't matter, I just want it to have interesting fights with various styles, for example I liked https://myanimelist.net/manga/5586/Shura_no_Mon?q=shura%20no%20mon. So anything between Psyren and Shura no Mon is fine.

I've found a few things that seemed interesting but I'm now out of ideas, I hope that you guys can point out things that I missed.

And I've also been looking for another type of mangas, without much succes this time:

Something in a fantasy setting, with mythical beings. For example I really liked those in Claymore and Berserk. It doesn't matter what kind, be it ayakashis, gods and goddess, mythical beasts, as long as the art is pretty it's fine to me. I found xxxHolic that seems to match for example, but that's about it.

I think that's all, thanks for helping me.
MoysFeb 9, 2017 7:55 AM
Feb 9, 2017 8:47 AM

Feb 2013
try this webtoon (tower of god, my favorite action shounen + the world buiding is great)
here music video

shin angyo onshi (similar to berserk)
My favorite quotes from animes:

Those who seek miracles will never experience one. The hand of salvation only extends to people
who try to make miracles happen. - Ef a tale of melodies.
I destroy worlds. I create worlds. - Code geass
We are humans. - Shinsekai yori
100 push-ups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10km run EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! - One punch man
Feb 9, 2017 8:53 AM

Sep 2009
I could reccomend you 666 Satan (it's by Seishi Kishimoto, brother of Masashi Kishimoto (yes, the Naruto guy)). It fits the "super power" tag you've been looking for and is not too long (19 volumes). It also features the MC's during two periods, when they're kids and few years later when they get older, something I rather like in manga's of that type and hope you will too.
Feb 9, 2017 9:24 AM
Apr 2014
Thanks for the replies.

I actually went across these two ( very briefly though ) and didn't give them a chance. I guess I'll try a few chapter and see if I like it. Thanks for the suggestions.
Feb 9, 2017 5:31 PM
Feb 2017
I'd recommend full metal alchemist brotherhood.best anime ever
Feb 10, 2017 12:45 AM

Jul 2013

• Nausicaa : Pretty much the must read of this genre
  • Mahoutsukai no Yome : Really unique
  • Samurai Deeper Kyou : The fights primarily involves the use of swords, though there are powers etc, very well rounded series
  • Tower of god : The best manwha, this series has great characters, art, and a very unique premise

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Feb 13, 2017 5:47 PM
Feb 2014
noblesse has good fights if you can get through the very very slow beginning. The characters grows stronger after each arc and the fights gets more intense

More topics from this board

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

16 by LoveYourEyes »»
26 minutes ago

» can you recommend me an anime i havent watched?

berkcan4you - May 3

10 by 8oomer »»
5 hours ago

» Looking for a non-harem Isekai anime

Michael_Mika - Mar 14

16 by Michael_Mika »»
9 hours ago

» Any sort of smut where someone isn't innocent to the degree of not seeming human?

isseixkoneko - Yesterday

2 by Zarutaku »»
Yesterday, 1:37 PM

» Anime/ Manga to binge

theD00mGuy - May 1

5 by Eleben »»
Yesterday, 8:53 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.