Forum Settings
Forums

weeklyMAL - An Overview Email of MAL Every Week

New
Dec 2, 2016 3:28 PM
Lovely person

Mar 2016
So, I was planning to create a small email service, that sends you an email every week with the top anime on MAL of the week.

I got the quick beta done, so if you want, sign up with your email [url=#]here[/url].

The Weekly emails send at 24:00 (midnight, a.k.a 00:00) GMT on Friday, which is in about half an hour.

Since the server is a free hosting server, I don't think I can make this into a huge project, however, at least I tried.

weeklyMAL is Discontinued

FoxInFlameDec 2, 2016 4:13 PM
Dec 2, 2016 3:41 PM

Feb 2015
FoxInFlame said:
So, I was planning to create a small email service, that sends you an email every week with the top anime on MAL of the week.

I got the quick beta done, so if you want, sign up with your email here.

The Weekly emails send at 24:00 (midnight, a.k.a 00:00) GMT on Friday, which is in about half an hour.

Since the server is a free hosting server, I don't think I can make this into a huge project, however, at least I tried.

Is this only for season anime, since, yeah this is where it applies?
Dec 2, 2016 3:45 PM
Lovely person

Mar 2016
_Ako_ said:

Nah. All time. It grabs from the MAL front page. I don't know where this project should go from now on, so I might just leave it and move on.
Dec 2, 2016 3:49 PM

Feb 2015
FoxInFlame said:
_Ako_ said:

Nah. All time. It grabs from the MAL front page. I don't know where this project should go from now on, so I might just leave it and move on.

I think if you do that, the top will at least remain the same, it is logical, if you are doing it by seasonal anime, so people can see the top rating of other series that they are not following, or the series they are following.

I mean, no matter at how you see it, if the MAL's top #1-10 doesn't change that often, it will remain constant, from years at least. Whereas, if you did it to seasonal anime, it may varies since it is still on-going. You might stop me from here if I'm getting it all wrong.. xD
Dec 2, 2016 3:51 PM
Lovely person

Mar 2016
_Ako_ said:
FoxInFlame said:

I think if you do that, the top will at least remain the same, it is logical, if you are doing it by seasonal anime, so people can see the top rating of other series that they are not following, or the series they are following.

I mean, no matter at how you see it, if the MAL's top #1-10 doesn't change that often, it will remain constant, from years at least. Whereas, if you did it to seasonal anime, it may varies since it is still on-going. You might stop me from here if I'm getting it all wrong.. xD

I don't really know...

Just try putting your email in. The first email sends in 10 minutes automatically. You can then unsubscribe.

Don't use passwords you use often: it is still in beta. Things could go wrong and information could leak.
Dec 2, 2016 3:53 PM

Feb 2015
FoxInFlame said:
_Ako_ said:

I don't really know...

Just try putting your email in. The first email sends in 10 minutes automatically. You can then unsubscribe.

Don't use passwords you use often: it is still in beta. Things could go wrong and information could leak.

Lol... I don't know dude... xD

The plan you have is great, but if you say that to someone who don't watch the seasonal anime or don't have care for rating, it is quite useless... xD

More topics from this board

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

363 by nin-tendo »»
5 hours ago

» Protect or punish?

DollzchanAi - Apr 18

4 by DollzchanAi »»
Yesterday, 6:15 AM

» BL reference in Tomodachi Life

Kinspie13 - Apr 24

4 by Kinspie13 »»
Apr 24, 9:41 PM

» How to Export/Backup Your Anime List Automatically! (TamperMonkey Script)

hacker09 - May 18, 2020

3 by Vapor_AU »»
Apr 24, 8:41 PM

» advice for someone returning to art

Crystepsi - Apr 4

5 by haaku-san »»
Apr 24, 4:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.