Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 26, 2016 12:57 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
What an intriguing title from ths one pseudonym you don't know if you should black list...

Do you think youth has an overexposure to entertainment at home? Nowadays, almost worldwidely, people has access to Internet, meaning almost every series, film, anime, manga, e-book, videogame... Whereas Internet may serve some as media for exploring your hobby, youth is hyperconnected. And no one see the problem.
I am writing this aknowledging what it is : I am everyday at least three to four hours on the web. Even if I have school. This is only on computer because when I am too lazy to turn on the computer I switch on my phone.
But with such a life, where the only movement is a quick typing on a device, keyboard like mouse, such convenience, why would we learn at school, why should we do our homework?

I will let you debate upon this occasion, hope the debate will interest you.
Sincerely yours,

this one guy who's in some boresome phasis and really don't have the motivation to do his homework.

Oct 26, 2016 1:09 PM

Oct 2012
I think adults are the same, they just can't see their own entertainment so obviously. Most disturbingly, politics and news seem to be nothing more than entertainment. It has probably always been this way to an extent, but it still feels wrong. One more thing that makes me remember Plato and wonder if he was right.

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Oct 26, 2016 1:14 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
Volti said:
I think adults are the same, they just can't see their own entertainment so obviously. Most disturbingly, politics and news seem to be nothing more than entertainment. It has probably always been this way to an extent, but it still feels wrong. One more thing that makes me remember Plato and wonder if he was right.

What did Plato say? Also, news and politic are some kind of enjoyment. I'm pleased to read news some times to times.

Oct 26, 2016 1:19 PM

Feb 2010
yeah why even bother with real social interaction since you can facebook and sht
Oct 26, 2016 2:15 PM

Oct 2012
Lolsebca said:
Volti said:

What did Plato say? Also, news and politic are some kind of enjoyment. I'm pleased to read news some times to times.

the majority are too fickle and not wise enough to make grand scale decisions, which can do more damage than any individual can, and you end up with mob rule (which gives rise to tyranny)

~ join the MAL suicide pact! ~ ~ ★☭★ ~ ~ embrace nuclear annihilation! ~
Oct 26, 2016 2:29 PM
Jul 2018
Lolsebca said:
I am writing this aknowledging what it is : I am everyday at least three to four hours on the web.
Pffffft... Noob. Is that supposed to be impressive?
Oct 26, 2016 2:46 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
Lord_Sithis said:
Lolsebca said:
I am writing this aknowledging what it is : I am everyday at least three to four hours on the web.
Pffffft... Noob. Is that supposed to be impressive?

I am a filthy casual... You defeated me...

Oct 26, 2016 2:50 PM

May 2015
What caused this, though?

You forgot there is very little oppurtunity to go outside. Streets are dangerous. Your parents don't want people in your home because they'll make noise. All bars are 18+ and cost a lot of money. Playgrounds are filled with rapists and pedophiles (supposedly). Plus you got a shitton of homework.

Of course you'll stay home.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things

More topics from this board

» I got a girlfriend recently and she gets really emotional when i pay for things for her. Why do you think that is?

TheBlockernator - Yesterday

20 by deg »»
1 minute ago

» Have you ever really sit down and really think about the short term and long term effects of AI in your industry?

tsukareru - 44 minutes ago

3 by Freshell »»
2 minutes ago

» Are you aware of these Japanese memes?

Kiryotsu - 6 hours ago

5 by deg »»
2 minutes ago

» Favorite MAL thread maker?

barababas - 5 hours ago

11 by deg »»
5 minutes ago

» why are the nordic countries so happy? ( 1 2 )

deg - Mar 29

88 by Freshell »»
23 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.