Forums

Game v3: Final Fantasy Crossover | Game Thread | Game ends - ??? Won

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (54) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Sep 25, 2016 8:16 AM

Jun 2013
Vote Change: Lord_Sithis

He's the one of- or basically the only person at the moment to which I am leaning more towards scum than town. I pointed out which post I didn't like before. He had redeemed himself slightly afterwards, but some things he's saying just doesn't stand me right. If you really want to, I can point out everything again.
You can follow me in this lynch or not, but it's near the end of the phase and we've got to get this party rolling.

I don't think either aa-dono or rei should be lynched at the moment, as I'm getting a town vibe from them.

Thank you.
Sep 25, 2016 8:18 AM

Apr 2015
wen294 said:
Holocaster said:
I understand what you're getting at, but it sucks when you know you're town. And I just don't like the high risk of lynching other townies on the first day, it doesn't sit right with me.

Well at least during a night kill we know that the target will be town for sure, gotta admit that is a lot better than having a chance to lynch scum right? I'm sure if we do nothing all game we will win.

Trying to get people to do nothing in the first day phase is just scum behaviour if you ask me, town has nothing to gain from doing nothing during the day.

I agree with this, you shouldn't be scared to lynch because thats the only way we can find the mafias. Being scared and doing nothing, causing a no lynch.

In my opinion, lynching, regardless of the result is something that needs to be achieved everyday. A No lynch means the day has been wasted doing nothing, and high chance that scums are trying to save one of the scum buddies by doing this...
Sep 25, 2016 8:18 AM

Jun 2009
I can see why you would want to vote him @Tingle. Honestly, I can.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Sep 25, 2016 8:20 AM

May 2014
Lord_Sithis said:
Suzune-chan said:
No feelings? None at all...
Feelings don't work. We need evidence. Feelings is guessing.

But we don't have evidence..
Intuition is the only thing we can rely on at this stage of the game.

Oct 2013
Okay, so sorry for popping in last minute hence I will just vote for someone on my intuiton again without any further discussion. On my first mafia game it turned out my intuition was correct :D And yes this is my second bastard mafia game and mafia game in general, so I'm still learning too!

Vote: Tingle

I guess this wont do much anyway, but intuiton right?
<3

Oct 2015
Mod Note : Give me about 10-15 minutes to prepare vote counts, sorry been busy with assignments T_T

Thanks to vanitystar for making it

Dec 2013
Suzune-chan said:
@wen294 , Where are you standing right now? What are your reads?

I am honestly suprised by the lack of progress. lots of people seem to think that waiting for scum to kill people is a good strategy. In particular Lord_Sithis but Holocaster as well. In that regard i don't feel like my RVS vote is placed all that badly. Some people are trying to get the town to start doing something so that's good.

Lupadim's vote and reasoning in #158 were rather strange, for the reasons i kinda agree with claire in that it sounds like somebody trying to help his scumbuddy.
I was expecting more activity from the 3 people that are leading in votes but that isn't happening either.

All in all this game feels somewhat stale so far.
Sep 25, 2016 8:21 AM

Jun 2009
Gwendolly said:
Okay, so sorry for popping in last minute hence I will just vote for someone on my intuiton again without any further discussion. On my first mafia game it turned out my intuition was correct :D And yes this is my second bastard mafia game and mafia game in general, so I'm still learning too!

What makes you feel that way?

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Sep 25, 2016 8:23 AM

Jun 2009
wen294 said:
Suzune-chan said:

I am honestly suprised by the lack of progress. lots of people seem to think that waiting for scum to kill people is a good strategy. In particular Lord_Sithis but Holocaster as well. In that regard i don't feel like my RVS vote is placed all that badly. Some people are trying to get the town to start doing something so that's good.

Lupadim's vote and reasoning in #158 were rather strange, for the reasons i kinda agree with claire in that it sounds like somebody trying to help his scumbuddy.
I was expecting more activity from the 3 people that are leading in votes but that isn't happening either.

Seems unfair to lynch people because they think town is hopeless on day one, but seriously, what an anti-town attitude.

Aug 2016
I'm not trying to make people do nothing, I, personally, just have never liked voting first day because it's all lack of any substantial proof.

Delivery β—‹
Portfolio β—‹

Dec 2013
Tingle said:

He's the one of- or basically the only person at the moment to which I am leaning more towards scum than town. I pointed out which post I didn't like before. He had redeemed himself slightly afterwards, but some things he's saying just doesn't stand me right. If you really want to, I can point out everything again.
You can follow me in this lynch or not, but it's near the end of the phase and we've got to get this party rolling.

I don't think either aa-dono or rei should be lynched at the moment, as I'm getting a town vibe from them.

Thank you.

Yes i also agree with you, i'm really considering switching to vote on him as well but Holo doesn't really give a townie vibe either so far.
Sep 25, 2016 8:24 AM

Oct 2013
Suzune-chan said:
Gwendolly said:

I guess her worrying about a third party stood out for me. Are third parties necessarily always bad?
<3
Sep 25, 2016 8:25 AM

Jun 2013
Holocaster said:
I'm not trying to make people do nothing, I, personally, just have never liked voting first day because it's all lack of any substantial proof.
I had this feeling a lot too when I just started out with forum mafia. And now I still feel bad about, like I showed before. But day1 lynch is a necessary evil.
Sep 25, 2016 8:25 AM

Jun 2009
Holocaster said:
Then change the game climate, as I want, and get more proof day one. For reference, where I usually play, I have never seen a day one lynch not based on evidence....

edit: to make more sense.

Sep 25, 2016 8:26 AM
Jul 2018
coromandel said:
Lord_Sithis said:
Feelings don't work. We need evidence. Feelings is guessing.

But we don't have evidence..
Intuition is the only thing we can rely on at this stage of the game.
I'm re-reading the whole thread to see if I come up with some reads.
Sep 25, 2016 8:26 AM

Dec 2013
Suzune-chan said:
wen294 said:

Seems unfair to lynch people because they think town is hopeless on day one, but seriously, what an anti-town attitude.

I see your point but either way it doesn't seem like they'll be a big asset to town either. If i had to lynch somebody today without any good reads, i'd rather go for the ones that are less likely to be productive.
Also is that "what an anti-town attitude" referring to me or not because it kinda sounds like it is.
Sep 25, 2016 8:27 AM

Dec 2013
Gwendolly said:
Suzune-chan said:

I guess her worrying about a third party stood out for me. Are third parties necessarily always bad?

Not necessarily but it's not strange for them to are. See Arsonist, Serial Killer, Witch etc.

Oct 2015
πŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž Vote Count 1.8

πŸ’Ž reiynii (4) πŸ’Ž | |πŸ’Ž aa-dono, VladWolfsbane, DenjaX, Suzune-chan πŸ’Ž
πŸ’Ž aa-dono (4) πŸ’Ž | |πŸ’Ž Lamby, Togs, Karote, Lupadim πŸ’Ž
πŸ’ŽHolocaster (2) πŸ’Ž | |πŸ’Ž wen294, coromandel πŸ’Ž
πŸ’Ž DenjaX (1) πŸ’Ž | |πŸ’Ž Lord_Sithis πŸ’Ž
πŸ’Ž Togs (1) πŸ’Ž | |πŸ’Ž CorruptedPurity πŸ’Ž
πŸ’ŽGwendolly (1) πŸ’Ž
| |πŸ’Ž reiynii πŸ’Ž
πŸ’Ž wen294 (1) πŸ’Ž | |πŸ’Ž Holocaster πŸ’Ž
πŸ’Ž ZombieWolf2508 (1) πŸ’Ž | |πŸ’Ž _Claire_ πŸ’Ž
πŸ’Ž SightlessReality (1) πŸ’Ž | |πŸ’Ž SightlessReality πŸ’Ž
πŸ’Ž Coromandel (1) πŸ’Ž | |πŸ’Ž ZombieWolf2508 πŸ’Ž
πŸ’Ž Lord_Sithis (1) πŸ’Ž | |πŸ’Ž Tingle πŸ’Ž
πŸ’Ž Tingle (1) πŸ’Ž | |πŸ’Ž Gwendolly πŸ’Ž

πŸ’Ž Not Voting πŸ’Ž:| | πŸ’Ž Sodalicious_, TheConquerer, thegoliath πŸ’Ž

πŸ’Ž Mod Notes: This phase will last 48 hours. πŸ’Ž
› Time until Night 1 ‹

May 2014
wen294 said:
Suzune-chan said:

We have a surprisingly large amount of players who are against d1 lynching, it seems.
I realize not everyone with this sort of mindset is bad. Holo seems genuinely worried about lynching a townie, Lord_Sithis not so much.
I'm also getting similar vibes from CorruptedPurity.

Sep 25, 2016 8:28 AM

Jun 2009
wen294 said:
Suzune-chan said:

I see your point but either way it doesn't seem like they'll be a big asset to town either. If i had to lynch somebody today without any good reads, i'd rather go for the ones that are less likely to be productive.
Also is that "what an anti-town attitude" referring to me or not because it kinda sounds like it is.
Nah, it was referring to the people not wanting to do anything because the is no evidence or because the town is hopeless. The mindset is anti-town. But it seems so unfair when half the town is thinking it for some odd reason to just start lynching them, regardless of their terrible anti-town mindset. I have no problems with you. :)

Sep 25, 2016 8:29 AM

Apr 2015
Tingle said:

Thank you.

The way I see it is, either reiynii/aa-dono are scum, the way the voting is kinda "showing" but this might be a wild-guess.

It looks like the scum buddies are trying to help to prevent one of the lynches.
Sep 25, 2016 8:29 AM

Jun 2013
Gwendolly said:
Suzune-chan said:

lol I guess I was worrying, because in my own setups third party is often SK :') I haven't find many pro town third party roles in my time, so that explains my worry. I do understand where you're coming from tho.
Sep 25, 2016 8:31 AM

Jun 2009
Tingle said:
Gwendolly said:

lol I guess I was worrying, because in my own setups third party is often SK :') I haven't find many pro town third party roles in my time, so that explains my worry. I do understand where you're coming from tho.
You not wrong in that typically they are out for themselves. Survivors, Executioners are less of a town worry but still out for themselves. Their ideals can overlap but third party is not a team party.

Sep 25, 2016 8:34 AM

Dec 2014
Forgive me but I'm on phone at 11:25pm and that was alot of info to read and I skipped some and may have not processed the rest yet.

My view on the trains stand as before. Really not applying much pressure and with weak arguements backing them. Most of the conversation is not even directly linked to the person being voted on the train.

Of the three trains, Holo's appealed to me the most, funnily enough due to the lack of pressure it seemed to build on him. aa-dono was active and involved and helpful for the most part which is a huge town read and reiynii even though less helpful than aa-dono is still active and provides arguments. Holo seems more calm even though a random train just formed for him. I don't see the point of voting outside the trains as it will not make a diff imo.

Don't get me wrong, I am not even 10% confident in my reads but the lesser of three evils to me is Holo.

Vote change: Holocaster

Once again, I'm on my phone and could've missed a few things. If so, please enlighten me.
Sep 25, 2016 8:35 AM

May 2014
@CorruptedPurity
What do you think of Lord_Sithis?

Sep 25, 2016 8:37 AM

Oct 2013
Suzune-chan said:
Tingle said:
You not wrong in that typically they are out for themselves. Survivors, Executioners are less of a town worry but still out for themselves. Their ideals can overlap but third party is not a team party.

I see, interesting^^well more reason to make mafia panic?
<3
Sep 25, 2016 8:38 AM

Jun 2009
Gwendolly said:
Suzune-chan said:

I see, interesting^^well more reason to make mafia panic?
Yes, I believe we are on the same wavelength, early game they are a danger to the mafia as they are to the town.

Sep 25, 2016 8:39 AM

Dec 2013
CorruptedPurity said:
I don't see the point of voting outside the trains as it will not make a diff imo.

Holo's train is at 2, Lord Sithis' train is at 2. Meaning there are now practically 4 trains and i am tempted to make a switch to Sithis' train as well. Saying there's no point in not voting for the trains that already exist seems strange to me. At this point there's still plenty of time for new trains to form and old trains to crumble.
Sep 25, 2016 8:39 AM

Aug 2016
CorruptedPurity said:
Of the three trains, Holo's appealed to me the most, funnily enough due to the lack of pressure it seemed to build on him. aa-dono was active and involved and helpful for the most part which is a huge town read and reiynii even though less helpful than aa-dono is still active and provides arguments. Holo seems more calm even though a random train just formed for him. I don't see the point of voting outside the trains as it will not make a diff imo.

Well yeah I'm worried. I'd rather not by lynched on the first day simply because "maybe we'll get lucky". I'm here to see town win, and I'd rather vote for someone that I seriously believe could be scum rather than to just get a lucky shot.

Delivery β—‹
Portfolio β—‹
Sep 25, 2016 8:40 AM

Apr 2015
CorruptedPurity said:
Forgive me but I'm on phone at 11:25pm and that was alot of info to read and I skipped some and may have not processed the rest yet.

My view on the trains stand as before. Really not applying much pressure and with weak arguements backing them. Most of the conversation is not even directly linked to the person being voted on the train.

Don't get me wrong, I am not even 10% confident in my reads but the lesser of three evils to me is Holo.

Once again, I'm on my phone and could've missed a few things. If so, please enlighten me.

Not gonna bitch on this, but from my experience, aa-dono as scum is more active than she as town. She as town is more reserved and wait until the right moment to ask qtns out. I am speaking from my experience when she was scum with me, but I don't see this as particularly scummy of her now as it is meta-reading.

I agree on Holo not being pressured enough, but I can hardly see why he should as he hasn't been particularly scummy except his opinion of lynching town and such. Lynching is absolute must, anyone could see that.
Sep 25, 2016 8:41 AM

Jun 2009
At this point, assuming he does not come back with reads, which is what I sent him away to do, I would be willing to lynch Lord Sithis too. He does not know what to do, waits for direction, did not like the direction, is afraid of the trains but does not want to vote them, so many red flags...

Sep 25, 2016 8:43 AM

Dec 2013
Suzune-chan said:
At this point, assuming he does not come back with reads, which is what I sent him away to do, I would be willing to lynch Lord Sithis too. He does not know what to do, waits for direction, did not like the direction, is afraid of the trains but does not want to vote them, so many red flags...

Gotta be honest that there's one thing i still don't understand. People always say that scum is afraid to vote but as scum it doesn't really matter what you vote on. When i was scum i was just sitting there like "idc i just vote on whatever i can give the best reasons for"
Sep 25, 2016 8:44 AM

Dec 2014
I just turned on my pc. I see sithis train is forming, gimme some time to read on it and if I think it is necessary, Ill change my vote
Sep 25, 2016 8:44 AM
Jul 2018
So, I finished reading. It's not much. First, I think @DenjaX is being scary, he even has a lynching plan. But that's probably him being weird.
There are some players who really haven't done anything to progress the game, like @Lamby.
@coromandel's thinking is not so town to me. He basically thinks that we should lynch someone random. If it flips town, well, bad luck my friend! Nope.
@Suzune-chan seems townie, trying to get some conversation to reveal some scum. Good.
And the thing that worries me the most is the HIGH number of inactive people. In the last couple of games I played, some mafia were inactive and only appeared once in a while to ensure they weren't mod killed. That way they could avoid conversation, but stay in the game. Not a good thing, we should encourage those players to come here and discuss.
Sep 25, 2016 8:47 AM

Jun 2009
wen294 said:
Suzune-chan said:

Gotta be honest that there's one thing i still don't understand. People always say that scum is afraid to vote but as scum it doesn't really matter what you vote on. When i was scum i was just sitting there like "idc i just vote on whatever i can give the best reasons for"
I think it stems from the idea that, you do not want to be caught in a vote count analysis. Or something like that.

Sep 25, 2016 8:47 AM

Apr 2015
I guess people are just too afraid to put a hammer vote.

Vote: reiynii

Lupadim reasoning prompts me to make this decision, but at this point I dont mind either Holo/Sithis/reiynii/aa-dono.
Sep 25, 2016 8:49 AM

Dec 2014
Tingle said:

Thank you.

Maybe its due to me only having abt 13 mins to change my vote and not being to get a proper read on him due to time constraints or that I'm a little slow tonight but can you point out some of the things which he said that are scummy? not everything but enough to prove it since we're kinda short on time.

Dec 2012
Vote change: Tingle

May 2014
CorruptedPurity said:
I just turned on my pc. I see sithis train is forming, gimme some time to read on it and if I think it is necessary, Ill change my vote

^ Not at all opportunistic. :3

What made you decide to vote for one of the 3 main suspects, even though you previously thought those trains were terrible?

Dec 2014
_Claire_ said:

Lupadim reasoning prompts me to make this decision, but at this point I dont mind either Holo/Sithis/reiynii/aa-dono.

Don't hammer yet, we have alot of time and I'm interested to hear the arguement against sithis
Sep 25, 2016 8:50 AM

Aug 2016
Tacking on a vote and being flippant with it seems like a terrible idea, like "Oh hey guys we can vote cause maybe we'll get lucky but if they flip town oh well better luck next time lel".

Why do people think that this isn't scummy? I don't know why so many people are okay with doing this tbh. I understand the need to want to do something and get something done, but doing it just to do something does not seem like a good reason to me.

Delivery β—‹
Portfolio β—‹
Sep 25, 2016 8:51 AM

Apr 2015
CorruptedPurity said:
_Claire_ said:

Don't hammer yet, we have alot of time and I'm interested to hear the arguement against sithis

What do you mean a lot of time? The phase change is in 9 minutes.

Oct 2015
πŸ’ŽπŸ’Ž Vote Count 1.9

πŸ’Ž reiynii (5) πŸ’Ž | |πŸ’Ž aa-dono, VladWolfsbane, DenjaX, Suzune-chan, _Claire_ πŸ’Ž
πŸ’Ž aa-dono (3) πŸ’Ž | |πŸ’Ž Lamby, Togs, Lupadim πŸ’Ž
πŸ’Ž Lord_Sithis (2) πŸ’Ž | |πŸ’Ž Tingle, coromandel πŸ’Ž
πŸ’ŽHolocaster (2) πŸ’Ž | |πŸ’Ž wen294, CorruptedPurity πŸ’Ž
πŸ’Ž Tingle (2) πŸ’Ž | |πŸ’Ž Gwendolly, Karote πŸ’Ž
πŸ’Ž DenjaX (1) πŸ’Ž | |πŸ’Ž Lord_Sithis πŸ’Ž
πŸ’ŽGwendolly (1) πŸ’Ž | |πŸ’Ž reiynii πŸ’Ž
πŸ’Ž wen294 (1) πŸ’Ž | |πŸ’Ž Holocaster πŸ’Ž
πŸ’Ž SightlessReality (1) πŸ’Ž | |πŸ’Ž SightlessReality πŸ’Ž
πŸ’Ž Coromandel (1) πŸ’Ž | |πŸ’Ž ZombieWolf2508 πŸ’Ž

πŸ’Ž Not Voting πŸ’Ž:| | πŸ’Ž Sodalicious_, TheConquerer, thegoliath πŸ’Ž

πŸ’Ž Mod Notes: This phase will last 48 hours. πŸ’Ž
› Time until Night 1 ‹

Aug 2012
So I'm back a early :D
Karote said:
Since you're talking to me, what reads do you have based on people you were questioning?

aa-dono said:
I actually like a Lord_Sithis lynch. Might get more out of him than just waiting for something to happen.

Hmmm ..
You should know already that you won't get much out of him unless it's the claim you're aiming for.

On the people I've questioned,
You - Idk, your one empty vote tells me nothing. Either guts or just building a counter train. But I like how you tried making others talk. Though you don't talk much yourself, getting other people to talk means you're trying to get a read on them.
Coro - neutral. Seems to be trying. But she does this even as mafia. In any case, I don't want to lynch her today.
Lord - Scummy. Then again, he's scummy even as town. And pressuring him usually makes him claim instead of scum-hunt. And I hate claiming >,>
I rather just lynch reiynii and see if he flips mafia because a lot seems to not want to vote for his train.
reiynii - Initially an RVS but it's interesting to see how people commented about not wanting a train and then build counter train but doesn't want to commit to leading lynch. If he flips mafia, I would look at Lord & lupadim.
lupadim - I think Claire mentioned this, but his vote on me seems like trying to save reiynii. I tried asking him why, but he refused to "develop" it further. If we're not lynching reiynii, I rather lynch him.
Lamb - I didn't reallyy question him haha. Just ask him what most of his posts meant.

Sep 25, 2016 8:52 AM

May 2014
Lord_Sithis said:
So, I finished reading. It's not much. First, I think @DenjaX is being scary, he even has a lynching plan. But that's probably him being weird.
There are some players who really haven't done anything to progress the game, like @Lamby.
@coromandel's thinking is not so town to me. He basically thinks that we should lynch someone random. If it flips town, well, bad luck my friend! Nope.
@Suzune-chan seems townie, trying to get some conversation to reveal some scum. Good.
And the thing that worries me the most is the HIGH number of inactive people. In the last couple of games I played, some mafia were inactive and only appeared once in a while to ensure they weren't mod killed. That way they could avoid conversation, but stay in the game. Not a good thing, we should encourage those players to come here and discuss.

So I'm your main/only suspect? Why are you not voting for me, then?

Dec 2014
coromandel said:
CorruptedPurity said:

^ Not at all opportunistic. :3

What made you decide to vote for one of the 3 main suspects, even though you previously thought those trains were terrible?

I think that someone needs to be lynched to get the ball rolling and the best way to do so is to follow a train, wasting my vote on someone else feels unjustifiable, to me at least.
Also, I found the lack of panic from Holo despite the pressure to be suspicious but not necessarily scummy. Its small suspicion but suspicion nonetheless and is honestly the least of 3 evils

Aug 2012
ZombieWolf2508 said:

Typical D1 random voting, not much to go on. Though Coronandel encouraging bandwagon voting feels pretty antitown. So rather than fixing my original vote to count, I'm gonna Vote lynch Coromandel for advocating such tactics.
How is encouraging wagon anti-town? D:

Sep 25, 2016 8:53 AM

Dec 2012
Holocaster said:
Tacking on a vote and being flippant with it seems like a terrible idea, like "Oh hey guys we can vote cause maybe we'll get lucky but if they flip town oh well better luck next time lel".

Why do people think that this isn't scummy? I don't know why so many people are okay with doing this tbh. I understand the need to want to do something and get something done, but doing it just to do something does not seem like a good reason to me.

If we don't lynch anyone Day 1, Day 2 will be pretty much the same without clues/information except maybe some power roles do, but game gets boring if we all just rely on our roles.

Even if we lynch townie, we can still get some clues out of it and narrow down the suspects.

Aug 2012
che~ I have 8 minutes. I'll backread later. Who's the leading vote now?

Dec 2014
_Claire_ said:
CorruptedPurity said:

What do you mean a lot of time? The phase change is in 9 minutes.

You underestimate time. 7 minutes left but I now know more than 2x what I knew when I still had 13 mins
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (54) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (*οΏ£ο½₯οΏ£)οΎ‰ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.