Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jan 31, 2010 3:32 PM

Nov 2009
Apparently the new season of the anime is going to be "Monoshitsuji" and neither Ciel nor Sebastian will be included in it. Quoted from spacecat:

"The preview shown had the new butler "Claude Faustus" ( クロード・フォースタス ) serving tea for his master. He will be voiced by Takahiro Sakurai ( 櫻井孝宏 ). He called his young master "your highness", I didn't catch the name for the master but he will be voiced by Nana Mizuki ( 水樹奈々 ). There was no mention of any other characters but they did say it will air in July.

Takahiro took the gloves from Ono Daisuke who looked depressed and pretended to cry. As much as I'd like to think Sebastian and Ciel will still be in there somehow it doesn't seem likely. Many people were excited about the new seiyuu but the overall vibe was of disappointment, I even saw people crying. It definitely was a bit of a shock and low way to end such a great evening."

It has also been rumored that the first couple of episodes are going to include Sebastian's past. With this happening to Sebastian at the end of the drama:

"The drama ended on a sad note with Sebastian looking at a cake (it had a little hat like Ciel’s on it) in the rundown Phantomhive mansion (at least I think that’s where it was). He was depressed and said “akuma de hitori desu kara” (hitori=alone). He walked off into the snow alone."
Cher_CielJan 31, 2010 3:36 PM

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Jan 31, 2010 4:01 PM
OG Rewriter

Aug 2009
I hope they show Sebastian in some form

It'd be a shame not to.
Feb 1, 2010 2:33 AM

Jun 2009
Cher_Ciel said:
Apparently the new season of the anime is going to be "Monoshitsuji" and neither Ciel nor Sebastian will be included in it. Quoted from spacecat:

"The preview shown had the new butler "Claude Faustus" ( クロード・フォースタス ) serving tea for his master. He will be voiced by Takahiro Sakurai ( 櫻井孝宏 ). He called his young master "your highness", I didn't catch the name for the master but he will be voiced by Nana Mizuki ( 水樹奈々 ). There was no mention of any other characters but they did say it will air in July.

No! That's won't be Kuroshitsuji anymore! :/ Without Sebastian? Grell? Undertaker? NOOOO!
Feb 1, 2010 2:48 AM

Oct 2009
I couldn't wait for Kuro... but now... I'm not sure I even watch it... without Sebastian and others?! >.< No way!
Feb 1, 2010 4:42 AM

Feb 2009
I WAS RIGHT WITH MY PREDICTIONS D:

only that now, Sebastian is gone too lol. Then again, that funeral pic of him kinda gave it away.
Feb 1, 2010 4:58 AM

Nov 2007
Really wants Ciel and Sabby in Kuro 2.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Feb 1, 2010 8:39 AM
Jan 2010
some1 should make Hitler video about how square enix or whoever is responsible for this failed
Feb 1, 2010 10:12 AM

Nov 2008
That butler looks a lot like William.

noobalm said:
some1 should make Hitler video about how square enix or whoever is responsible for this failed
I wanted to make a 'not amused' image featuring Sebastian, but couldn't find the energy to do so, haha.
Feb 1, 2010 7:27 PM

Nov 2009
If there changing the name wont there be a possibility of a real Kuroshitsuji 2?
Feb 1, 2010 7:50 PM

Feb 2009
desolato said:
really?...i thought the butler looked a lot like sebastian...

SEBASTIAN!!! CIEL!!! ORIGINAL CHARACTERS!!! KUROSHITSUJI*BAWLS* GOSH I STILL WANT THIS WHOLE THING TO NOT BE TRUE...damn...:(
Anoka said:
No! That's won't be Kuroshitsuji anymore! :/ Without Sebastian? Grell? Undertaker? NOOOO!
see now i MORE THAN AGREE...

:(

Feb 1, 2010 9:55 PM

Jun 2009
I will still watch. You guys gotta give it a chance, you may actually like it!
Feb 2, 2010 2:09 AM

Apr 2009
without ciel and sebastian i can't imagine kuroshitsuji.
and i was looking forward to see the circus arc to be animated...

i'm so sad. T__T i want ciel and sebastian.

Feb 2, 2010 3:44 AM

Sep 2009
I really hoped for a new season of Grell, sebby & Joker but I will also look, it is from the smae producers so, it is good, and I still have the manga! So, i'm not finish wit Kuroshituji yet ><
Feb 2, 2010 6:16 AM

Dec 2009
CortneyS said:

Agreed. Though I am still upset about the fact that Sebastian and Ciel may not be in it along with the servants and the shinigamis. It still may be a good show to watch. But it really isn't Kuroshitsuji without those two 'sniffs.'

I've heard that the butler has rediculosly bouncy hair, pale green eyes like William a similar face to Sebastian, but not all that similar. The kid has silver hair, no mention upon the eyes yet and his name is Alois Trancy. There is still a strand of hope though, the orginal voice actors signed on for the next season so there may-be a chance.

Feb 2, 2010 6:46 PM

Apr 2009
Then its going to be a bunch of lies. If there is no Ciel or Sebastain is doesnt matter at all. Its nothing without them. They make the anime. I might watch it.

Good thing i read the manga.
Feb 2, 2010 7:00 PM

Apr 2009
Queerdo said:
katzennie said:

only that now, Sebastian is gone too lol. Then again, that funeral pic of him kinda gave it away.

Funeral picture? <_< ROFL. I thought Sebby was like.. impossible to kill. .__. He's already dead anyhow, I think. o_o;
You should be ready the manga then.. .__.
Feb 3, 2010 5:43 AM

Feb 2009
Queerdo said:
katzennie said:

Funeral picture? <_< ROFL. I thought Sebby was like.. impossible to kill. .__. He's already dead anyhow, I think. o_o;

I meant, the funeral picture and how it was all "how would you feel if it went like this"...kinda like giving the idea that Sebastian is no more. You'd understand if you actually saw it and read the accompanying article.

also, what makes this not kuroshitsuji anymore? it just means "black butler" which i'm pretty sure everyone knows about now. they could remove all the characters and replace them with some people similar to some degree and it'll still fit the general context. also, it's not kuroshitsuji anymore coz it's monoshitsuji now. so kuroshitsuji fans, if you're not that open minded to give this new one a chance basically just because you selfishly want the old characters, then you're free to not watch it and not bother us with your whining. thank you.
Feb 3, 2010 8:17 AM

Feb 2009
katzennie said:

I meant, the funeral picture and how it was all "how would you feel if it went like this"...kinda like giving the idea that Sebastian is no more. You'd understand if you actually saw it and read the accompanying article.

also, what makes this not kuroshitsuji anymore? it just means "black butler" which i'm pretty sure everyone knows about now. they could remove all the characters and replace them with some people similar to some degree and it'll still fit the general context. also, it's not kuroshitsuji anymore coz it's monoshitsuji now. so kuroshitsuji fans, if you're not that open minded to give this new one a chance basically just because you selfishly want the old characters, then you're free to not watch it and not bother us with your whining. thank you.

Teehee i like you...:)...but what i am upset about is that they said "KUROSHITSUJI would have a second season" not that they would make a completely new series. I wanted to see all my favorite characters again and damn it I WANT A CIRCUS ARC. So yeah I am being selfish b/c i was lied to. I wasn't expecting a NEW series...i was expecting the old one CONTINUED...so yeah I am FUCKING UPSET...

...but that doesn't mean that i don't like "Monoshitsuji" All it means is that it is not kuroshitsuji and I wanted more KUROSHITSUJI...i am sure that monoshitsuji will be great and all but...i am left feeling jipped...GET IT?...:D
spazticfool7915Feb 3, 2010 8:26 AM

Feb 3, 2010 1:41 PM

May 2009
omg...T.T...HOWEVER i shall try to watch "monoshitsuji"......it still wont be th same though......T.T
‎"Are you doing rainbow crack?" "..Maybe"

The below is true,
The above is false.
Feb 3, 2010 3:46 PM
Oct 2008
I don't really care as long as the new butler is hot.
Feb 3, 2010 3:53 PM

Feb 2009
Kalei said:
I don't really care as long as the new butler is hot.

:D...GREAT ANSWER...;)...I actually don't mind that there are new characters...but i was just looking foward to more KUROSHITSUJI...you know what I mean?...either way i can't wait to see it!!! :D

Feb 4, 2010 10:32 AM

Nov 2009
Even if for the moment I feel disappointed and heart broken because I won't get to see Sebastian, Ciel, Grell and Undertaker, I'm still looking forward to this second season because I think that Yana Toboso is a genius <3
Feb 4, 2010 10:36 AM

Jun 2009
Although I am sad not to see Ciel and Grell again.
I have the manga, so I wouldn't mind new characters

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Feb 4, 2010 10:50 AM

Oct 2009
A big disappointment for Sebby and Ciel fans.

I also demand the circus arc. :(
Feb 4, 2010 11:04 AM

Feb 2009
CortneyS said:

I agree x3

Feb 4, 2010 3:10 PM

Feb 2009
ZumoKa said:
CortneyS said:

I agree x3
I agree as well ;)

Feb 4, 2010 7:39 PM
Jan 2009
SuouAoi said:
I couldn't wait for Kuro... but now... I'm not sure I even watch it... without Sebastian and others?! >.< No way!

same here agreed so sad i only found out today wtf!!!!!!! nana mizuki? sigh not enough 2 cheery though i do like her
Feb 4, 2010 8:37 PM
Jan 2009
Cher_Ciel said:
Apparently the new season of the anime is going to be "Monoshitsuji" and neither Ciel nor Sebastian will be included in it.

Is there an official source for these info? Because it was only said here on MAL.

It wasn't confirmed Sebastian and Ciel won't show up. They just didn't appear in the preview. All that was announced was new master and butler. Replacements or supporting, it wasn't stated.

So I'll just not care much until more reliable information are out.
Feb 5, 2010 7:07 AM

Feb 2010
What? NO! I love Kuroshitsuji... I want a sequel with the original characters.
But... oh well, I think I might still watch it... Who knows it might be interesting or something.
mingling with each other are the flames of red and blue
Feb 5, 2010 7:24 AM

Apr 2009
spazticfool7915 said:
desolato said:
when i first saw itm i though he looks like seabtian as well. but now i think he also looks like william as well. and the master reminds me of someone as well, though i can't place my finger on it
Feb 5, 2010 7:28 AM

Oct 2008
I can't believe the mangaka would agree to this o.o
Feb 5, 2010 4:21 PM
Feb 2009
RulenneClarissa said:
spazticfool7915 said:
desolato said:

New butler looks like a mix of Teacher!Sebastian and William, which is rather hot ♥

But I hope that Sebastian will be in it as well new butler *wants twice the butler eye candy*
Feb 7, 2010 6:09 AM

Aug 2009
I think it's just going to be like Darker than Black: Season 2. There's some new characters but Sebastian will definitely show up, I hope.
Feb 8, 2010 3:46 PM

May 2008
What the fuck.

I've been so excited ever since I heard season 2 was announced...but...WHAT??????

You know what the sad thing is? It's probably going to end up like Toaru Kagaku no Railgun. Better than the original. Except Railgun had characters from the first season.

OR...it could end up sucking. To say the least, I'm cheesed. I was hoping to see the fucking circus arc, and this is what we get? New characters? Ugh. Guess I'll be catching up in the manga from now on....*goes to emo*

Feb 9, 2010 5:21 AM
Aug 2009
spazticfool7915 said:
ZumoKa said:
CortneyS said:

I agree x3
I agree as well ;)

I agree~ :D
But it's still a shame Ciel and Sebastian aren't in that. .__.
Feb 9, 2010 8:07 AM

Aug 2009
I'm hoping that with an auspicious name like "Claude Faustus" the character development on the new butler will be mega-epic. Cause... Faust is epic. And voiced by Takahiro Sakurai. You've gotta figure... that even if Sebby and Ciel aren't going to be in the second season, at least the new characters might be interesting.

I, for one, am looking forward to a season without Elizabeth, although I was really starting to like Meilin a lot. =-(
Feb 9, 2010 4:52 PM

Jan 2010
Queerdo said:

I believe everyone has a right to express their opinion and view on this Monoshitsuji thing. If you're open-minded and looking forward to Monoshitsuji, good for you. If you don't want us to bother you with our whining, ignore it.
Lots of KUROshitsuji fans were expecting Kuroshitsuji 2 to be a Kuroshitsuji 2. Not some stupid remake with a "white butler." All Kuroshitsuji fans were most likely inclined to disagree and want to whine about it. The disappointment and uproar was prone to happen. Taboso should have expected it. Everyone should have.
The point is, they announced a Kuroshitsuji season 2. They did NOT announce a Monoshitsuji.
And no, it isn't fine to just change the characters. You need a reason. They don't have a reason.
They don't show you Ciel dead, there's no reason for Sebastian to just disappear, and what happens to the lovely staff? We don't know, and they haven't said they'll explain it. So I'll whine about it all I want. We all will.

Agree!!
"If it's your wish, I will follow you everywhere, Even if your throne crumbles, And your shiny crown turns to rust, Even if the bodies pile up endlessly, Above the bottomless pile corpses, Beside you as you lie softly down, I will be.....Until i hear the words "check Mate." ♥
Feb 9, 2010 8:38 PM
Jan 2009
Except that Monoshitsuji doesn't make sense. If you wanted "White Butler" then it should have been Shiroshitsuji. As far as my basic Japanese goes.
Feb 9, 2010 11:41 PM
Feb 2009
I've noticed the hint with William #2 Claude's last name. :3

So, this time it's knowledge, not revenge, right?
Feb 9, 2010 11:47 PM

Oct 2009
Bullshit.
http://myanimelist.net/character/30029/Claude_Faustus
That's just Sebastian with different colored eyes and glasses.
Feb 10, 2010 5:15 AM

Jan 2010
not really... sebastian is way hotter :P but they do look alike...
what does it mean monoshitsuji exactly?
"If it's your wish, I will follow you everywhere, Even if your throne crumbles, And your shiny crown turns to rust, Even if the bodies pile up endlessly, Above the bottomless pile corpses, Beside you as you lie softly down, I will be.....Until i hear the words "check Mate." ♥
Feb 10, 2010 9:00 AM
Nov 2009
Ceinwyn said:

I agree about the first thing :D Sebastian is <3
But maybe they are one and the same, although I'll miss his eyes...

On a site I've read that it means "white buttler", but then wouldn't it be "Shiroshitsuji"?
So I think it means One-color Buttler, You know: mono=a single color.
Feb 10, 2010 9:12 AM
Nov 2009
ironflowers said:
Bullshit.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/character/30029/Claude_Faustus]http://myanimelist.net/character/30029/Claude_Faustus
That's just Sebastian with different colored eyes and glasses.

Yep so that might be Sebastian ^^
Ohh and from the interview with Mr Shimizu:

"Shimizu: Well, Claude is tall and slender, he's loyal to his master and a skilled butler. This might remind you of Sebastian, but his glasses make him clearly different. What kind of man is he? Or... since he's wearing glasses, he might be a shinigami?"

From that "he might be a shinigami?"... maybe it's William after all?

Queerdo said:
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/monoshitsuji/ o__o;

You do realize that it won't work, do you? :)

First of all we can't hurry this thing. What if that is Sebastian in his new form? What if that IS Ciel? What if their contract was not valid since Sebastian lost his arm and he couldn't take Ciel's soul? Maybe he didn't have where to go so he received a new form too.

And Secondly a petition won't make the creators throw away all the many and work/time spent on this second season just because we don't agree with the changes.

I wish we could do something about it, but we can't. T-T
Feb 10, 2010 10:05 AM
Jan 2010
it looks like roles will change. Since new sebastian (claude) is now like strict teacher, substitute of ciel looks more energetic. If I am right, roles have changed...
Feb 10, 2010 11:57 AM

May 2008
Well the word mono in general means either 'thing' or 'person', so maybe Claude isn't a demon and is just a regular butler?

Feb 10, 2010 2:53 PM

Jan 2010
RedNBlackStars said:
Ceinwyn said:

I agree about the first thing :D Sebastian is <3
But maybe they are one and the same, although I'll miss his eyes...

On a site I've read that it means "white buttler", but then wouldn't it be "Shiroshitsuji"?
So I think it means One-color Buttler, You know: mono=a single color.

yea, it would be logical then to call it shiroshitsuji.. hmm dunno... we'll see ^^
Feb 10, 2010 2:56 PM

Jan 2010
RedNBlackStars said:

You do realize that it won't work, do you? :)

First of all we can't hurry this thing. What if that is Sebastian in his new form? What if that IS Ciel? What if their contract was not valid since Sebastian lost his arm and he couldn't take Ciel's soul? Maybe he didn't have where to go so he received a new form too.

And Secondly a petition won't make the creators throw away all the many and work/time spent on this second season just because we don't agree with the changes.

I wish we could do something about it, but we can't. T-T

i like the way u r thinking :P
i though the same thing... maybe this are they but somehow different? uuh, now i can't wait for it to come xD that would explain them not telling us weather sebastian and ciel are coming up in new season....
Feb 11, 2010 7:27 AM

Mar 2009
I am disappointed, that's for sure...
However, I will watch it and give it at least a 3 episode chance.
If it does not thrill me, I will not watch it...

No, I probably will because once I watch something, I must finish it - even if it's crap.
But that doesn't mean I'll like it.

"All my Battles have Been Won
But the War has Just Begun!"
Feb 11, 2010 10:25 AM

Jun 2009
Don't you think that new butler (ygh...:/) looks like Sebastian when he was teaching Ciel something? But Seba-chan has his beautiful red eyes. ^^
Feb 11, 2010 6:07 PM

Dec 2009
maybe sebastian just changed his appearance..
i mean,he's a demon and he can get whatever form he likes (maybe?)..

but i'll miss sebastian and ciel though..
huhuhuh..TT^TT

but the new characters where cute too..^^
i love it already..
and no offense about it..

i just miss sebby..T.T
and his pretty eyes..

credits goes to:
~HIDE & SEEK: The Yogi x Gareki Fanlisting :]]

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veain - Sep 16, 2010

850 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shadowsword - Sep 2, 2010

364 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Today, 12:57 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

shadowsword - Aug 19, 2010

1505 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Yesterday, 4:29 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LadyTalion - Aug 5, 2010

208 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Yesterday, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji II Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

LadyTalion - Jul 22, 2010

200 by Uguu_Tsukimiya »»
Apr 23, 7:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.