Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 20, 2022 8:41 AM

Aug 2016
I really loved this episode ! The chase was very cool, but i'm a quite sad for the horse :/
Apr 7, 2022 2:40 AM

Jul 2016
goddamn, i've gotta say that tanda and balsa's mysterious relationship is to no ends interesting in every episode. that aimless rant when the soldiers came to his house, him saying he could do nothing but wait.

sucks that the horse got done like that, i mean it was pretty high quality as they said.

chagum shows great mental fortitude for his age.
Nov 24, 2022 10:25 PM

Sep 2018
i don't understand the practicalities of the wolf thing. if it was some magic that kept Balsa and the prince alive they could have shown or telegraphed that to us a bit better. the last shot of their alleged bodies shows the horse is still intact yet Balsa and Chagum's bodies appear to be turned to ash or something. if that really was them that fell with the horse, all the way, then how did they survive? if they were straw-men dummies, then how did they escape out of the ravine? they lost me on this one.
Mar 7, 2023 2:34 PM

Jun 2020
stained-rose said:
I found it so very strange that the Boss of the secret service hunters and the Old Sage were upset upon learning of Chagum's "death".

After all, didn't they want to kill him in the first place? I thought the scene where the Hunter boss was trying to climb down the mountain to get to Chagum's body seemed rather out of place.

I don't think that knowing that the 10 year old had to die to save the country would make actually seeing him dead any easier.

Remember, as we saw with Jin all these guys watched the Prince grow up from a baby to a cute little toddler and a happy, kind and carefree boy with a noble heart. He may have been a Prince but he was their Prince, he trusted them, treated them with kindness like they were family. Seeing him dying alone on the bottom of a windswept abyss is going to hurt.

I still have no idea how they didn't get recognised returning to the capital, they know that there are demons and supernatural protection involved so it's not like it was completely out of the realms of possibility that she survived or the giant wolf wasn't a random wild animal.

"Hey mate, that woman and kid matches the exact description of the most wanted woman in the Empire who has slipped through our fingers multiple times in incredibly cunning ways including magic. Maybe we should question her"

"Nah, didn't you hear? Some guy saw 'em fall off a cliff after being attacked by a weirdly large wolf that stopped to give him the Prince's ponytail before vanishing. Can't be them"

"...Whatever you say boss"
Old is Gold

"Look, look, we can do spinning shots without wasting our entire budget"
"Did you see? Look, it's all smooth and everything !"
"You're not looking, please, it's SO AWESOME LOOK AT HOW SPINNY IT IS!!!!"

- All anime animators since the invention of CGI.
Sep 5, 2023 3:44 PM
Oct 2021
Starting to see why this is rather a hidden gem
Sep 12, 2023 9:01 PM

Apr 2016
I don't know what shocked me the most, the size of that wolf or the poor horse's fate but yay! Balsa is safe! Also loving all the scenes with Tanda.

Chagum watching his funeral was such a stunning scene.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 14 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jul 16, 2007

38 by Safrichh »»
May 15, 8:42 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

windborn - Jul 1, 2007

54 by Safrichh »»
Mar 2, 7:37 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 15 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jul 24, 2007

46 by WIIXAnd »»
Feb 26, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 12 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Jun 30, 2007

45 by Safrichh »»
Feb 12, 8:20 PM

Poll: » Seirei no Moribito Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

mild_even - Jun 18, 2007

55 by Safrichh »»
Jan 6, 7:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.