Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Spice and Wolf (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Aug 18, 2016 8:45 AM

Mar 2016
People are calling this anime a fucking masterpiece and I kinda wanna watch it to see what all the fuzz is about. However! I am very reluctant to do so because I have heard that it was never finished. There is no real ending since they didnt adapt all the light novels.

Now reading the LNs is out of the question as i hate reading books. So my question is this: Is it worth watching both seasons of spice and wolf even though there is no real ending? Will I just be left with a big gaping hole in my heart for all eternity or will I truly be satisfied with the ending?
Aug 18, 2016 8:50 AM

Jul 2009
Definitely! It's one of my all-time favorite series and you should definitely give it a go. Season 2 did have an open ending, but it's resolved in a way that doesn't really leave you hanging. It's one of those open endings that leaves you wondering about the future of the main characters, but gives you some closure at the same time. Nothing like a cliffhanger of sort.
Aug 18, 2016 9:02 AM

Sep 2015
best anime ever made. some day they'll finish it....some day....never lose hope

anyway i would watch it and afterwards start reading the LN or manga (on-going)

Aug 18, 2016 9:55 AM

Mar 2016
Nigami_Shin said:

Thats the problem though i cant stand reading books. I bores me to death. Season 3 aint happening. Its been 6 years. Is it sill worth watching even without a third season?
Aug 18, 2016 10:02 AM
Aug 2014
Its one of those endings that happen right where the story is not even nearly finished and gives you the read-the-LN-middlefinger
And i HATE that kind of ending so i really think it means something when i say its still totally worth to watch it.
Aug 18, 2016 10:04 AM

Sep 2014
To me, it's a great series. I find it unique since it's hard to find another anime that talk about merchant or trading thing. Also, the adventure part of that series that they went on the journey together is what makes it interesting.

Eventhough there isn't season 3, or the real ending, it's still worth to watch it.
Aug 18, 2016 11:12 AM

Sep 2015
terryacer said:
Nigami_Shin said:

Thats the problem though i cant stand reading books. I bores me to death. Season 3 aint happening. Its been 6 years. Is it sill worth watching even without a third season?

maybe im a bit biased since it's my favorite anime, but i'd definitely watch it - even in its unfinished state....

you won't regret it!

Aug 18, 2016 4:51 PM

Mar 2016
leNerd said:
Its one of those endings that happen right where the story is not even nearly finished and gives you the read-the-LN-middlefinger
And i HATE that kind of ending so i really think it means something when i say its still totally worth to watch it.

Is the ending that bad? I am feeling a little bit conflicted right know. I know i will probably love the anime since its appearntly heavy on the dialouge. However when you say stuff like "gives you the read-the-LN-middlefinger" then i am not sure what to do.

Is it really really really worth watching despite the fact that the ending sucks?
Aug 18, 2016 4:57 PM

Jan 2015
terryacer said:
Nigami_Shin said:

It took 8 years for D.Gray-man to get a sequel season, so you never know.

Just watch it. It's a fantastic anime even though it ends unfinished.
Oct 6, 2016 2:09 PM
Sep 2015
idk if u ever watched it but i just did
binged on it and im actually depressed it ended but it was worth watching it, the story is great and has such potential.
Started reading the LN because the manga seems to not come out and eh idk why the writer gave up on a anime version, i cant think it would be a bad thing because its still popular in different circles of the internet.
And its still ranked preety highly in popularity for a "dead" anime
Aiming for 400 completed series. or 10.000 episodes.
Oct 6, 2016 2:11 PM

Apr 2015
Yes. Even if we're all wounded from no season 3 ever both seasons are very good and wrap up nicely enough they're worth the watch.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Aug 17, 2018 2:50 AM
Sep 2017
Spice and wolf is the most boring anime i have ever watched (after durarara and darker than black) and a complete waste of time i don't understand how someone can enjoy in that trash
Aug 17, 2018 2:59 AM

Apr 2016
Yes it is worth watching even if there is no S3.
Aug 18, 2018 12:29 AM

Oct 2017
It's the anime that, after enduring 10 years worth of all too many unfinished anime, finally got me reading LN.... ;) And I hadn't read a book in 8 years.
I just hád to know how the story would continue, how their journey would conclude, the series was, at least to me, só captivating! And the LN are a marvelous read, who knows,... you may even find a new side to yourself! Perhaps you've just been reading the wrong kind of books all these years? :)
Aug 18, 2018 12:42 AM

Oct 2017
OnePixelGame said:
idk why the writer gave up on a anime version, i cant think it would be a bad thing because its still popular in different circles of the internet.
And its still ranked preety highly in popularity for a "dead" anime

It's not the writer (Isuna Hasekura) who decides whether or not an anime adaptation is made, that's up to studios/distributors/licencors.... He just writes, and gave us a perfectly concluded story, put the icing on the cake with the vol.17 Epilogue and treated us to cherries on top with the Spring Logs,... the translated vol.20 will be released end october.

In order to do the source material any bit of justice there would have to be at least 5 more seasons, so unless a studio is willing to commit itself to that (highly doubtful) I'd rather not even see them try.
Aug 23, 2018 12:13 PM
Jul 2017
FUCK YES IT IS, IT REALLY IS

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Jan 16, 2008

146 by GooseHybrid »»
Apr 17, 10:00 AM

» Vintage over modernity

JustSomeone15 - Apr 10

31 by Chronoes »»
Apr 17, 1:29 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

8GaugeBrett - Mar 25, 2008

319 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 16, 4:20 AM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

8GaugeBrett - Mar 6, 2008

154 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 9, 4:01 PM

Poll: » Ookami to Koushinryou Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Asako - Feb 19, 2008

153 by BetaMaleUltra »»
Apr 4, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.