Forum Settings
Forums

[Reported] Can't edit my list anymore (mobile browser)

New
Aug 5, 2016 11:21 AM
Jan 2016
I'm not sure if this problem started to emerge already yesterday or only as of today, but as we're speaking I'm unable to edit anime titles from my smartphone (it's an Iphone). When I try to update a title by clicking on the "edit" button (or the other symbol) it will not respond in any way, while previously a pop-up would appear. Yet it's not entirely impossible for me to edit a title as I'm having no trouble editing titles from my desktop. I've asked a friend to check if he encountered similar problems when trying to edit, but he didn't. This may mean that I'm the only one with this issue.
I've already tried logging in and out of MAL, refreshing my browser and rebooting my phone, but this didn't solve the problem. As a result, I'm reporting this bug and asking for advice from the community.
(If you've read all of this and might know a solution: Thank you!)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Update: It seems like I'm able to edit using the desktop version of the site from my phone, so this means that the problem may lie in the mobile version.
LunaNov 4, 2016 3:09 AM
Aug 5, 2016 2:18 PM

Jan 2016
I'm experiencing the exact same problem. I can update from the desktop site as well. I'll leave this here to I can follow this forum.
What the fuck is oatmeal?
Aug 5, 2016 2:23 PM
Jan 2016
Don't take this wrong, but I'm kinda glad that I'm not the only one experiencing this issue.
Aug 5, 2016 7:00 PM
Dec 2015
That happen to me too.....at least I can edit on the desktop site.
Aug 5, 2016 11:09 PM
Aug 2016
I can't edit anything either I'll try using desktop version.
Aug 6, 2016 12:11 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
I don't seem to have problems (I'm using Android and Chrome).

@BuzzyGuy @BloomKIU @BuzzyGuy @Yuki_Bear @Im_a_lostboy

- Which operating system and browser are you using?
- Are you trying to edit the big cover version of the list or the compact list? (you can switch with the symbols on the right side next to "Anime List")
- Do you still have problems with the edit feature when you switch the list view?
- Which edit functions are not working? (see screenshots below)
- When did this problem start?

It seems you don't get a popup when you click the bottom of the covers on the big cover list, but you get it when you click on the left top corner that indicates the status (green = watching etc.). I'm not sure how it was before because I don't use this list view. Does it work if you click the status indicator?

Edit: Here are some screenshots to make things clearer:

LunaAug 6, 2016 3:34 AM
Aug 6, 2016 1:24 AM

Feb 2016
Same problem here
Aug 6, 2016 1:49 AM
Jan 2016
@Luna

- I'm currently running IOS 9.3.4.
- It doesn't matter if I'n using the big cover version or the conpact list: both won't allow me to edit.
- I think the problem must have started somewhere around wednesday or thursday.
- I can change the status of titles (wachting, completed, etc) and their ratings, but editing the episode count or deleting a title for example from the mobile browser seem still impossible.
BuzzyGuyAug 6, 2016 3:20 AM
Aug 6, 2016 2:15 AM

Jan 2016
@Luna

-I'm running iOS 9.3.2 on an iPod 5. I'm using Safari.
-Neither list form will allow me to edit.
-I'm not quite sure what you mean by list view, but it seems I can't edit at all on the mobile version.
-I first noticed this problem Thursday night/Friday morning around 2AM.

Lastly, my problem differs from BuzzyGuy slightly. I can't do any editing in the mobile version whatsoever, when I click on the edit button in any list form I get no response. I suppose on the big cover version it directs me to the anime page. And in a specific anime page I still can't edit using the edit button.
Aug 6, 2016 3:05 AM
Jan 2016
@BloomKIU you're problem actually doesn't differ at all from mine. The problem you're describing is exactly the one from which I'm suffering. I can't edit at all too (not from Safari nor from Chrome), but you and I can change the status and ratings using the compact list (not the big cover list). You can't do much more using that version at the moment though.
Aug 6, 2016 3:20 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
kingfroggy said:
Same problem here

Can you please answer my questions in post #6?

BuzzyGuy said:
- I can change the status of titles (wachting, completed, etc) and their ratings, but editing the episode count or deleting a title for example from the mobile browser seem still impossible.

I think deleting was never possible from the mobile version directly because it requires "Edit Detailed Info" and that currently switches to the desktop version automatically. Or does this also not work once it has switched? For me it's working.

BloomKIU said:
-I'm not quite sure what you mean by list view, but it seems I can't edit at all on the mobile version.

I added screenshots to my last post, I hope that makes things clearer.

If anyone else is having problems with this, please answer the questions in post #6! Thanks!
Aug 6, 2016 3:31 AM

Feb 2016
Luna said:
kingfroggy said:
Same problem here

Can you please answer my questions in post #6?

-ios 9.3.4 iphone 5 safari
-I m trying to click on the blue edit in the mobile version near the ranking and score but nothing happen..desktop works fine
-No i m not having problem with the switch list
-I guess yesterday
Aug 6, 2016 3:38 AM
Jan 2016
BuzzyGuy said:

"I think deleting was never possible from the mobile version directly because it requires "Edit Detailed Info" and that currently switches to the desktop version automatically. Or does this also not work once it has switched? For me it's working."

Yeah, deleting a title directly from the mobile version was never possible as it required (like you said) "Edit Detailed Info". I must say that it's feeling a lot smoother since the new inferface though, but as of now I can't get to "Edit Detailed Info" from the the mobile version as it requires a pop-up from the blue "Edit" button or the newly established edit-icon in the compact list. This hasn't a lot of priority for me though as I don't have any plans right now to delete a title or something. The issue concerning the unability to change the episode count (using the mobile version) is bothering me more.

With the few clues we have right now, I think we can conclude that the problem may be specific only to iOS devices (if you're having this problem and you're using Andriod software: please say so).
Aug 6, 2016 10:46 AM

Jan 2016
@BuzzyGuy is there a way to change the status and rating of an anime on the mobile version without pressing the edit button? Otherwise I'm confused.
Aug 6, 2016 2:48 PM
Jan 2016
@BloomKIU there is a way, but it's only possible using the compact list (so not the big cover one). If you switch to the compact list, you'll notice that there's on the lower left side of a title the status (it might be saying "watching" in green for example). If you click on this a pop-up will appear which will give you the option to change the status. The same goes for the rating of a title, which is on the right of the status and appears as "Select" or shows a number following something like "bad" or "good" (if you had already rated the title).
I hope this explanation might have made things more clear.
Aug 6, 2016 2:59 PM
Mar 2016
I am having the same problem
Aug 6, 2016 3:08 PM

Jan 2016
@BuzzyGuy thanks that helped! Also, you can press the +1 episode button in the same area as the score and watching button to add episodes in the compact list. This seems to be a temporary fix, hopefully a permanent one comes soon. I only really wanted a fix to edit from the mobile version, as the desktop version crashes for me on iOS due to being large. Hopefully there's a fix soon.
Aug 6, 2016 3:45 PM
Jan 2016
@BloomKIU thanks for telling me about the "+1" button, 'cause I hadn't actually noticed it yet. Knowing about it makes it a lot easier to update an anime title on the fly.
Aug 6, 2016 6:02 PM
Mar 2016
Same problem
iPhone 5s
iOS 9.3.3
Safari/chrome
Aug 6, 2016 7:28 PM

Feb 2016
Why not just use the app?
Aug 7, 2016 1:35 AM

Feb 2016
JaySun said:

Is there an app?
Aug 7, 2016 1:39 AM

Feb 2016
kingfroggy said:
JaySun said:

Is there an app?

I'm using an app for iOS called 'MyAniList'. It's connected to here and updates everything well from my experience.
Aug 7, 2016 1:57 AM

Feb 2016
JaySun said:
kingfroggy said:

Is there an app?

I'm using an app for iOS called 'MyAniList'. It's connected to here and updates everything well from my experience.

Omg thanks i didn t know there was an app *o*
Aug 8, 2016 12:14 AM
Jan 2016
I just checked if the problem had already been solved somehow and apperently it has. Both the blue "Edit" button and icon in the compact list seem to be working again, so editing from the mobile version isn't a problem anymore.
My thanks goes to the community for their support.
Aug 8, 2016 7:59 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
The devs have mostly fixed this bug, if anyone is still experiencing problems please post here.

I already know about the +1 ep feature on Android not working, so this doesn't need to be mentioned here.
Nov 3, 2016 11:32 AM

Aug 2015
Started having this problem a few days back :/
Using windows phone
Nov 4, 2016 1:45 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
MetakuFS said:
Using windows phone

What exactly is not working? I tested it a bit and everything worked fine for me (on Android). So it doesn't seem to be a general problem and I need more information about it.
Nov 4, 2016 2:17 AM
May 2013
I can't seem to edit my list anymore too. It was working just a few days ago, but "Edit" button doesn't respond (so there's no pop-up) now.
Windows Phone 8.1.
Nov 4, 2016 2:18 AM

Aug 2015
Luna said:
MetakuFS said:
Using windows phone

What exactly is not working? I tested it a bit and everything worked fine for me (on Android). So it doesn't seem to be a general problem and I need more information about it.

The edit button or the +1 button. Not on the anime's page or on the list itself
Nov 4, 2016 3:08 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Alright, I've forwarded the problem to the devs so they can fix it.

@MetakuFS: Do you also have Windows Phone 8.1 or something else?
Nov 4, 2016 5:36 AM

Aug 2015
Luna said:
Alright, I've forwarded the problem to the devs so they can fix it.

@MetakuFS: Do you also have Windows Phone 8.1 or something else?

I have windows phone 8.1 yes
Nov 4, 2016 10:56 AM

Aug 2016
Same, I'm on windows phone too. Glad it's not just me
Nov 5, 2016 4:13 PM
Sep 2015
I have the same problem. The app and the website dont respond when I want to change my list. Sorry for my bad English.
Nov 6, 2016 1:38 AM
Sep 2016
Having the same problem 2-3 days back:(
Microsoft Lumia 535

Can't 'add' or 'edit' any more on my list anyway. The pop-up doesn't come out any More. I tried the compact list as suggested above but that too won't work.
Nov 24, 2016 5:56 AM
Nov 2011
I use windows phone 8.1 too and since last month I can't edit ou add anything on my list, even if I change to compact list
Dec 7, 2016 3:59 AM
Jul 2015
Me either, since the last update I can no longer add new anime to my list. Every time I click on the 'add anime' button from the result list after typing the name on the search bar, nothing happens. Same thing happened when I tried to change an anime title from watching to completed by clicking the thumbnail on the top right corner of the anime.
P/S: I'm currently using lumia 430 and microsoft operating system

More topics from this board

» I can't use forums using Windows High Contrast anymore

vasipi4946 - 6 hours ago

1 by vasipi4946 »»
2 hours ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3372 by GARFIELDD666 »»
4 hours ago

» [Reported] Username being auto-pasted into search bar

DariTheWeeb - Feb 19

49 by DeadPiles »»
8 hours ago

» IP ban glitch?

AverageRiceFan - Apr 21

2 by hich4n_ »»
Yesterday, 12:15 PM

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

127 by Spunkert »»
Yesterday, 6:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.