Forum Settings
Forums

How Long Does It Take For A Character To Be Accepted?

New
Jul 28, 2016 1:49 PM

Feb 2015
I have added a character belonging in the webtoon/manhwa Tribe-X (http://myanimelist.net/manga/99792/Tribe-X?q=tribe-x) and have yet for a response of a rejection or otherwise. It's not a doubled character, this is an 100% unique character to the DB.

One of my pictures for this webtoon/manhwa was also accepted, but I applied at least 2 or 3 more and still no response from those as well.

Which gets me to thinking that MAL really needs the "points system" that other other sites have ("get 500 points, you can make small un-moderated edits, get 1500 you can edit pages, etc etc). It really makes the DB move faster.
Jul 28, 2016 2:00 PM

Apr 2012
I'd say between 1 and 2-3 weeks. Maybe mods are on holiday?
Jul 28, 2016 2:38 PM

Jun 2008
Also it would be cool if the mods were dealing with earlier submissions first, because sometimes it can be weird how a manga I've submitted three days ago gets accepted, while a manga that has been in queue for several months remains untouched. Unless there are some technical limitations that make this difficult to put in practice, or maybe they prefer to deal with more "important" submissions first, I'm not sure.
Jul 28, 2016 10:11 PM

Feb 2015
kuchitsu said:
Also it would be cool if the mods were dealing with earlier submissions first, because sometimes it can be weird how a manga I've submitted three days ago gets accepted, while a manga that has been in queue for several months remains untouched. Unless there are some technical limitations that make this difficult to put in practice, or maybe they prefer to deal with more "important" submissions first, I'm not sure.

yeah either there needs to be more mods (which i don't think so) or the points system needs to be in play. i mean come on it's not like anyone will be adding comic books.
Jul 28, 2016 10:16 PM

Oct 2014
I tried adding an anime character to the database over three months ago and it still hasn't been accepted or denied. I think there must be some sort of rule that the mod has to have seen the anime they were from before accepting or denying them meaning that obscure anime are very difficult to add characters to.
Jul 29, 2016 3:52 AM

Apr 2012
zombie_pegasus said:
I tried adding an anime character to the database over three months ago and it still hasn't been accepted or denied. I think there must be some sort of rule that the mod has to have seen the anime they were from before accepting or denying them meaning that obscure anime are very difficult to add characters to.
That would be weird, logically they would just need a reliable third-party source acknowledging the character.
Jul 29, 2016 9:31 AM

Jul 2013
@TomDay: Approval depends on the amount of information the user has provided and the database moderators' workload. I have approved it, but please be more patient in the future. The image you provided was broken, possibly a corrupted file; re-save it to be sure then upload again.

Unfortunately, users do not get a message (hopefully for now) if a manga picture is denied, only when it has been approved. I dealt with your submissions on the day you submitted and recall them except one being broken.

@zombie_pegasus: There is no such rule. Same as manga pictures, users do not get a message when a character submission is denied. Your submission for 'Hidenori' was denied last May by someone else. It might help if you provide the voice actor linked to it in the Biography section and a moderator will just remove it.
Jul 29, 2016 4:22 PM

Feb 2015
Ana said:
@TomDay: Approval depends on the amount of information the user has provided and the database moderators' workload. I have approved it, but please be more patient in the future.

yeah, i just got it now, thanks for that. (ugh, i'll have to edit it again soon anyway, it's not that good of a written bio. :X)

i do hope i'm not appearing impatient,i was just wondering the average time frame to help me understand (this is my first page edit so, again, i apologize).

The image you provided was broken, possibly a corrupted file; re-save it to be sure then upload again.

ah, is that so? sorry for that. is there any way to check if a picture is corrupted before i send it in, so i can avoid that?

Unfortunately, users do not get a message (hopefully for now) if a manga picture is denied, only when it has been approved. I dealt with your submissions on the day you submitted and recall them except one being broken.

i really would like a rejection letter as well, so here's hoping that happens in the future. thank you again.
TomDayJul 29, 2016 4:29 PM
Jul 30, 2016 5:02 PM

Oct 2014
Ana said:
@zombie_pegasus: There is no such rule. Same as manga pictures, users do not get a message when a character submission is denied. Your submission for 'Hidenori' was denied last May by someone else. It might help if you provide the voice actor linked to it in the Biography section and a moderator will just remove it.
Was there a reason given for the rejection? BTW my fansub group "zombie_pegasus" (myself) hasn't had a status update (likely rejected, I guess) even though it has done the most complete translation for Ore-sama Kingdom. It isn't 100% accurate, but neither is 4kids and it's a licensing company. I don't believe there is any rule around having to have at least one complete anime subbed since there are plenty of fansubs groups on the database that don't have any anime to their name (bishi for example) and far more that only have one. If my sub "group" was rejected do you know the reason why?

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Character & People DB - Recent Merges/Removals ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kuroshiroi - Dec 6, 2009

1396 by Lady_Andromeda »»
Today, 7:17 AM

» Norio Wakamoto did narration for Kyuuketsuki Sugu Shinu 2

ryu2k2 - Apr 21

0 by ryu2k2 »»
Apr 21, 6:17 AM

» Tatsunoko Production profile pic disappeared?

EdgyEcchiSenpai - Apr 17

1 by Jhiday »»
Apr 18, 1:45 AM

» Character Picture Move Request

SimpleXtra - Apr 17

0 by SimpleXtra »»
Apr 17, 3:39 AM

» Character Picture Change Request

queserasera - Apr 16

0 by queserasera »»
Apr 16, 1:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.