Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 2, 2016 10:43 AM

Nov 2014
Id like to point out that this just disgusts me. Cgi made guts look really bad and was only barely decent during some scenes. Seeing cgi skeletons really just put me off. And the framerate gawd why did they have to ruin an anime of the decade with this kind of shit? Absolutely disappointing, id continue but i dont know how long i can put up with this. Just a mini rant from me
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jul 2, 2016 10:46 AM

Aug 2013
Welcome on board of the hate train.
Jul 2, 2016 10:59 AM

Dec 2008
+1
The fucking PS2 game from 2004 had better looking cutscene vids than this...
Jul 2, 2016 10:59 AM

Feb 2010
it was piece of shit.

i wanted to believe it will be good
i wrote a few post here that i cant wait and said it will be fine and that i will get use the animation like the movies... but no it was sooooo bad
the story looked rush and they skipped so much plot just on the first episode
they mix things from much later events in the manga...
its a shame because berserk can easily be on the top 10 on the list... even the top 5
but they ruined it
i will continue watching this because i love berserk and i watched the 1997 version like 5 times and read the manga twice
but i know im going to hate it

Sorry I wrote here a lot
Just take out my frustration on this
Jul 2, 2016 11:02 AM
Aug 2015
guy550 said:
it was piece of shit.

i wanted to believe it will be good
i wrote a few post here that i cant wait and said it will be fine and that i will get use the animation like the movies... but no it was sooooo bad
the story looked rush and they skipped so much plot just on the first episode
they mix things from much later events in the manga...
its a shame because berserk can easily be on the top 10 on the list... even the top 5
but they ruined it
i will continue watching this because i love berserk and i watched the 1997 version like 5 times and read the manga twice
but i know im going to hate it

Sorry I wrote here a lot
Just take out my frustration on this

You've got every right to be frustrated. Something with so much potential, treated like shit for no reason. Hopefully this flops and we never get to see CGI anime again.
Jul 2, 2016 11:25 AM

Oct 2015
Its absolutely not "shit", thats a huge Exaggeration from pissed off people probably.
Personally I feel its extremely badly executed from the story POV and thats the main problem, not even the technical problems.

25 minute episode and I felt nothing happened in that episode.
Think about it, its basically 3 scenes: Guts in bar, Guts with adolf/collette, and Guts in forest.
Compare that to the original anime series which was much better executed story-wise.

In terms of framerate we are seeing the usual Japanese CGI stuff. Sidonia was also kind of "slower" like that. You just cant achieve the speed of handdrawn anime with CGI, deal with it thats not the main problem.

I am also pissed that I did not SEE at all the black swordsman arc there at all!!!
I am still praying that I see the entire count story after this episode, and that this was just a bad start, but I am damn worried and think it wont happen!
Still seeing that they include FEMTO that means (I hope) they will include the FEMTO confrontation & count.
Jul 2, 2016 12:42 PM

Sep 2011
Use episode discussion threads. Please stop making new threads for your thoughts.

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2016

989 by JosefStalinium »»
Apr 20, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2016

231 by Qtaro91_original »»
Mar 24, 4:38 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2016

181 by Xxbrunoguerra »»
Mar 12, 6:58 PM

» Why does berserk, one of the greatest manga has such a shitty anime adaptation?

IMortaI - Aug 14, 2023

30 by Old_School_Akira »»
Dec 31, 2023 6:37 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2016

118 by Alphanumerische »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.