Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]
Mar 29, 2022 1:55 PM
Jan 2016
Man, I am beyond words. I guess I'll just laugh it of, this series ended up feeling like a comedy anyway.

I think that it didn't start of that badly but as it progresses it just got more meh and meh... A shame, cuz I liked the concept.
Apr 3, 2022 10:39 PM

Aug 2014
Mayoiga gets credit for trying to be different, that cannot be taken away from it.

Positives:

- Mayoiga makes sure to create an atmosphere of mystery with the background music. This really helps you get immersed in the anime.

- It has a cast of like 30 characters, and all of them are together next to each other at the same time, and that in a way is very impressive, to have such a large cast where they all play a role, even if its a small role.

- Its not set in a school nor in a workplace.

- Lovepon

Negatives:

- I wish the anime was 10 episodes instead of 12 episodes, this would have sped up its pacing a bit more, since the anime sometimes could get a bit dull every now and then.

- Even though its a large cast, the majority of the characters are just used as one-dimensional-comedy-dialogues characters, like the overweight guy who only thinks of eating, or the marry couple who only think of love, etc.

- It has a lot of info-dumping, which can ruined the immersion and make the anime dull.

- I was expecting a bloody-horror anime, not a psychological anime.

With all this said above, Mayoiga deserves credit for trying to be different. It has a great premise, but a bad presentation of its story.  And shame on MAL for adding "comedy" as one of the genres, and letting themselves be part of the meme.
oooo3333Mar 1, 2023 12:47 AM
May 2, 2022 5:20 AM

Jul 2016
AscendedAether said:
The idea was really good imo, but the execution is appaling... this could have been a very good anime...

I agree... the first four eps were entertaining as it was all the concept. Then the last 8 were ummm... shithouse is too polite.
Jun 28, 2022 3:50 PM
Dec 2020
Fairly to said that this series has so much potential. Imo, the real problem with this anime is amount of episode and lots of characters. With only 12 episode, making this anime feel too rushed, and the plot become messed. If only they had enough episode to build the character, interaction, story, and atmosphere, then this would become a great series.

Im also discorver this kind of problem in Another (2012), luckily there's only a few character to focus with, so they can focus on building the atmospher and plot instead.
Jul 25, 2022 8:35 PM
Mar 2022
What a fucking shit anime. stupid plot and awful characters. I like the OP and ED overall 6/10
Jun 3, 2023 4:05 PM
Jun 2023
HIPOPOTAMASU!!!!
Jun 4, 2023 11:04 PM

Jun 2019
My 228th completed series chronologically.

For the record, I extended it a 7/10 rating.
Jun 11, 2023 12:46 AM
Jun 2023
I am suspecting the author intended for the show to be some kind of prequel to Pokemon, and how the origin of Pokemons was actually manifested through people's painful past. I am looking forward to the very first pokemone battle ever. Hayato was able to somehow evolve his pokemon, so the battle commences as: the SUPER Old Hag vs the tiny Penguin. 
SUPER OLD HAG uses SERIOUSLY SCARY UGLY FACE. What will the tiny penguin do?? 

Which one will win?? And where are the pokeballs anyways?
nyankanaJun 11, 2023 1:19 AM
Jul 13, 2023 8:42 PM

Jan 2020
Hayato didn't sit nexto Mitsumune......
Aug 11, 2023 9:33 AM
Mar 2021
damn I remember this show. coulda been better
Dec 7, 2023 10:23 PM

Nov 2023
I did appreciate the attempt of having a buildup to the ending. I have seen many others where there kind of just rushed or simply just abruptly end, overall, I did enjoy the series though I do not care for most of the characters, especially the ones who were stuck in the village .

very sad that no Npcs died, dude got revived >:(
Dec 28, 2023 1:29 PM
Aug 2014
5/10 zapowiadało się fajnie, ale potem zrobił się nudne i dziwne
Feb 23, 4:17 PM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
I'm speechless for mostly the wrong reasons, lmao. It's good to see that they covered the supposed villain's motivation as well but boy, you really can't guess what's ever going to happen in this series. She just picked up the phone and when the father reveal came around, I found myself just facepalming.

Looks like some decided to go back while others decided to stay, huh? The couple not being able to see eye-to-eye all off a sudden was hilarious and somehow it got even funnier in this episode. To make up for it, I suppose, we got sparks from other possible couples.

I don't mind comedy in serious shows but something about that here just didn't feel natural at all. Weirdly enough, though, it got to the point where I was starting to slowly acclimatise to it. Actually, I don't even know, xD. Way too many characters, trimming down some and toning down Lovepon would've helped the series a lot! Despite everything, I still had a shred of curiosity. Dumb, but not terrible, to sum up my experience. I think that's what convincing me to give this a 4/10 instead of a 2 or a 3.
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]

More topics from this board

» 2 years later: what's so bad about this show?

XXXXXXXXXIII - Nov 15, 2018

16 by MeanEYE »»
Jan 15, 4:40 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 15, 2016

394 by Yugesai »»
Jan 9, 12:05 AM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jun 10, 2016

200 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 7, 2023 9:53 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 6, 2016

303 by Ratris_Decision »»
Dec 6, 2023 4:07 PM

Poll: » Mayoiga Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 1, 2016

469 by Ratris_Decision »»
Nov 25, 2023 5:22 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.