Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Jul 8, 2016 10:53 PM
Sep 2011
I have only watched Tales of Destiny 2 anime adaptation. It had an okay start then went weird at the end with a different and rushed ending to the original story from the game..
Jul 9, 2016 12:17 PM

Jan 2016
@lawlmartz do you really have a time to fight with everyone here just to prove that your opinion is right? xD
Not gonna lie...I didn't reat most of the stuff you said but what I've read was pretty mean.
Just because you have a different opinion doesn't you can insult others, just ebcause they have different opinions.
Jul 9, 2016 1:11 PM

Nov 2014
Maikeru-kun136 said:
@lawlmartz do you really have a time to fight with everyone here just to prove that your opinion is right? xD
Not gonna lie...I didn't reat most of the stuff you said but what I've read was pretty mean.
Just because you have a different opinion doesn't you can insult others, just ebcause they have different opinions.

I haven't posted anything in five days. You all are carrying the "different opinions" on pretty well without me.
You don't read what I have to say and then complain to me about what I had to say? What kind of sense does that make? And who willfully admits ignorance when you're trying to make a point like that?
How to fix the review section, detailed here

The average reader (HS level) reads at about 200 WPM. So a 500-800 word review should take 3-5 minutes to read. That's an acceptable length for something you're interested in spending 25 minutes to 4.5 hours of your life watching.

Oh, and ANN requires any and all reviews to be 800-1200 words, no matter the length of the show.
Jul 9, 2016 2:02 PM

Jan 2016
lawlmartz said:
Maikeru-kun136 said:

I haven't posted anything in five days. You all are carrying the "different opinions" on pretty well without me.
You don't read what I have to say and then complain to me about what I had to say? What kind of sense does that make? And who willfully admits ignorance when you're trying to make a point like that?

I said I didn't read EVERYTHING, but I read FEW things ,which were pretty fucked up.
Well you just said I'm ignorant lmfao Either you just don't what's mean and what's not, because your social skills are lacking or you're just stupid so.
Jul 9, 2016 2:07 PM

Nov 2014
Maikeru-kun136 said:

I said I didn't read EVERYTHING, but I read FEW things ,which were pretty fucked up.
Well you just said I'm ignorant lmfao Either you just don't what's mean and what's not, because your social skills are lacking or you're just stupid so.

Because I'm petty, I'll indulge you. So, what's this? you're insulting me now, calling me stupid, and lacking in social ability? I think if you're going to bother commenting on this thread anymore, you should get it back on the trail- that is: has Ufotable lost it?

The average reader (HS level) reads at about 200 WPM. So a 500-800 word review should take 3-5 minutes to read. That's an acceptable length for something you're interested in spending 25 minutes to 4.5 hours of your life watching.

Oh, and ANN requires any and all reviews to be 800-1200 words, no matter the length of the show.
Jul 9, 2016 2:17 PM

Jan 2016
lawlmartz said:
Maikeru-kun136 said:

Because I'm petty, I'll indulge you. So, what's this? you're insulting me now, calling me stupid, and lacking in social ability? I think if you're going to bother commenting on this thread anymore, you should get it back on the trail- that is: has Ufotable lost it?

if you don't bother insulting other people why would I bother insulting you? lol
don't start shit which you can't end bro
Jul 9, 2016 2:19 PM

Apr 2016
after watching the prologue. I'm kinda downloading the game right now...
zero_omarJul 9, 2016 2:40 PM
Jul 9, 2016 7:08 PM

Feb 2014
I mean, I thought God Eater was great. In terms of video game adaptations, I'd say it's one of the best ones out there. The first few episodes more rough, but it really turned around and made for a very compelling story and the MC's development was awesome.

I haven't watched Zestiria yet, but I plan to soon. So far, it seems like it's gotten good feedback.

I say ufotable should just keep on doing what they're doing. They're getting completely funded for doing these projects so it's no skin off their backs and they can have some fun with it.
Jul 9, 2016 10:16 PM

Jun 2014
BRB-kun said:
Quirkiness101 said:

Was the symphonia one any good? I loved that game as a kid but never got around to watching the anime.

It was so-so. Which is better than I could say about Abyss.

Symphonia was a 40+ hour game crammed into what, like 9 hours?

And Vesperia isn't an adaptation, it's a Prologue, it tells the tale of the MC before the game, when he was in the Knights.
Jul 9, 2016 11:08 PM
Nov 2011
lawlmartz said:
Did ufotable not learn their lesson with God Eater?
Video game adaptations are never a good idea.
What is ufotable's problem?
Does anyone actually want this

(Yes, I do recognize that these decisions are made entirely by men in suits, not consumer demand or lack thereof)

Videogame adaptions are always a good idea. The problem is that the idea is executed so poorly. Don't worry. As soon as the comic book hero movie trend is over videogame adaptions with large budgets and proper research will be the next biggest movie trend. Question is how long can they milk the comic book movies before it gets stale?

Jul 9, 2016 11:21 PM

Nov 2014
Mvsk said:
lawlmartz said:
Did ufotable not learn their lesson with God Eater?
Video game adaptations are never a good idea.
What is ufotable's problem?
Does anyone actually want this

(Yes, I do recognize that these decisions are made entirely by men in suits, not consumer demand or lack thereof)

Videogame adaptions are always a good idea. The problem is that the idea is executed so poorly. Don't worry. As soon as the comic book hero movie trend is over videogame adaptions with large budgets and proper research will be the next biggest movie trend. Question is how long can they milk the comic book movies before it gets stale?

I've thought about this a lot, actually. And if the horror movie fad of the 2000s is any indicator (it's very much on its way out compared to its height in about 2009-10, where there were about 3 per week on average being released) the superhero media probably has until about 2020 before its exhausted. Marvel's (Disney too, by association) hubris disgusts me, though... Announcing sequels to movies that aren't even out yet. I really hope they eat it on a bunch of them. The market will eventually get saturated, just like the horror movies, and people will move away from it to the next fad.

I agree though, video game adaptations are a very untapped resource of movie materials. There will probably never be a decent video game adaptation, as far as being a movie goes, until some well known and respected filmmakers see fit to give any of their time to it, and thus attract large budgets. You can see a similar shift in horror in the 80s. After Kubrick comes out with the Shining, horror as a genre moves away from being shoddy, low budget crap to shoddy high budget crap!

Jul 10, 2016 9:02 AM

Oct 2010
You do realize that Fate was bases on a game too,right? This is nothing new for them. And based on episode 00 and 01, they're doing a damn good job so far. You guys can talk about how much you hated Zestiria...how it was the "worst" in the series, but looking at the overall reviews says that most people really enjoyed the game. The same will hold true for the anime, especially with a good company like ufotable doing it.
Jul 10, 2016 11:41 AM
☆A-Qing's hair☆

Jun 2008
The game has its issues, besides the gameplay, the camera, etc.

It started off solid but towards the middle it began to decline in quality until the end, which was half rushed crap and half unfinished plot lines.

Such as, Zaveid, Lunarre, etc.

I think that it was very rushed, mainly because it was an anniversary entry. If they hadn't been pushing to release it quickly, I think it would've been a lot better than it was.

My thoughts are, that this anime will tell the story the game was supposed to.

Anyway, it's by Ufotable, which is a pretty good indicator that it's going to be pretty good.

Jul 10, 2016 2:22 PM
Apr 2013
The game play is fun but I am still extremely disappointed in the ending in the game. I found Tales of the Abyss from a few years ago quite enjoyable.
Jul 11, 2016 3:40 AM
Nov 2011
lawlmartz said:
Mvsk said:

I've thought about this a lot, actually. And if the horror movie fad of the 2000s is any indicator (it's very much on its way out compared to its height in about 2009-10, where there were about 3 per week on average being released) the superhero media probably has until about 2020 before its exhausted. Marvel's (Disney too, by association) hubris disgusts me, though... Announcing sequels to movies that aren't even out yet. I really hope they eat it on a bunch of them. The market will eventually get saturated, just like the horror movies, and people will move away from it to the next fad.

I agree though, video game adaptations are a very untapped resource of movie materials. There will probably never be a decent video game adaptation, as far as being a movie goes, until some well known and respected filmmakers see fit to give any of their time to it, and thus attract large budgets. You can see a similar shift in horror in the 80s. After Kubrick comes out with the Shining, horror as a genre moves away from being shoddy, low budget crap to shoddy high budget crap!

Funny you should mention Kubrick, i watched one of his movies last night ;)

Yes, i would have to agree with you. The Hubris you mention... many films are being made based on statistics now and lack creativity. Look at how many buddy cop buddy/cia/fbi/army/ w.e movies have come over the past 6 months. Even romantic comedies now are basically copy and paste while editing certain roles.

2020 projection sounds reasonable but it may take even longer than that... cross over films to combine all the fans of the other flicks into 1.

And hell yea the gamer audience is much bigger than the comic book audience. But maybe they already know that, and know that gamers are tech savvy enough to torrent the flicks :x Comic book audience is generally an older crowd who may or may not be tech savvy.

Jul 11, 2016 6:35 PM

Nov 2014
Mvsk said:

Funny you should mention Kubrick, i watched one of his movies last night ;)

Yes, i would have to agree with you. The Hubris you mention... many films are being made based on statistics now and lack creativity. Look at how many buddy cop buddy/cia/fbi/army/ w.e movies have come over the past 6 months. Even romantic comedies now are basically copy and paste while editing certain roles.

2020 projection sounds reasonable but it may take even longer than that... cross over films to combine all the fans of the other flicks into 1.

And hell yea the gamer audience is much bigger than the comic book audience. But maybe they already know that, and know that gamers are tech savvy enough to torrent the flicks :x Comic book audience is generally an older crowd who may or may not be tech savvy.

Kubrick is okay. I appreciate what he's done as a filmmaker, but I don't really care for most of his movies.

Yeah, precisely. Films are made based on earnings projections, and ESPECIALLY for superhero films , you can basically just make a checklist of the things that are going to be in it and be right every time. They're just coldly manufactured, riskless things that have enormous payoff. Occasionally one actually does tank, like Batman V Superman or Fan(four)stick, but by and large they make money, even on the margin. I say 2020 because if you look, the horror movies got big around 2003 or so- and you can see how many more films started coming out each year after that, as well as the market share changes. I'm not sure what exactly all that they consider horror on this site, but you can see the decline in recent years. This year is halfway over, and 11 have been released so far, which, if that holds (october has yet to hit us) it'll be 2 less than last year, so we're in obvious decline from the late 00s. But, from about 2003 to 2014, or 10 years, horror has jumped up, and slid back down.

I consider the superhero era to have started in about 2008, with 7 releases. There are going to be 7 this year, 6 next, 5 in 2018, 4 in 2019 (announced). I honestly think that by 2020 people are going to be getting tired of seeing the same old stuff like they do with horror movies. It's that magical 10 year mark. It won't go away, but it'll drop off pretty sharply.

Jul 11, 2016 6:51 PM
Jul 2018
Did any of you guys watch the OVA? The OVA truly helps the viewer on what is going on currently for episodes 0 and 1.

Anyways, Ufotable has proven that they can make video game adaptations enjoyable, but some may drop it for whatever reason. According to most people saying Zestria is the worst to adapt from the Tales series, Ufotable will make this anime way better than what other anime studios would had done.
Honestly, some of you guys don't realize how fortunate we even get such a great studio to adapt a video game. Most studios wouldn't even bother adapting a video game.
Opinions are opinions and we can't please everyone, but be thankful for what we can get.
Imagine all the Tokyo Ghoul manga fanatics, they all disliked the anime adaptation, however it still became popular with many non-manga readers. Just because the series couldn't please manga fans, anime only generally loved this series / disliked it.
I do realize some of my argument points aren't solid, but I hope you get the gist of what I'm trying to say.
Jul 11, 2016 8:06 PM

Jan 2009
VarunaBles said:
Ikr? Also, why Zestiria? Couldn't they have gone with Vesperia or Xillia?

I totally agree, a full adaptation of Xillia and Xillia 2 would be way better than Zesteria.
Jul 13, 2016 3:26 PM
Jun 2014
Was that shot at Idea Factory based on the Neptunia anime? Cause if so, what you are calling garbage adapdation for garbage games is not true. The Neptunia anime has a 7.1 rating on Myanimelist and Rebirth 3 and Megadimension Neotunia (the two latest Nep games) have similar scores. The Nep haters are freaking pathetic and a waste of space.
Jul 13, 2016 8:50 PM

Sep 2015
Do you guys know good Tales games I can play on PC? You guys said Zestiria is bad but I enjoy the game, so if there's something better please suggest me so I can compare. Or maybe you guys were expecting too much because the previous games are good?
Jul 13, 2016 8:58 PM

Jan 2014
Ufotable just needs to stick with Fate. God Eater was mediocre, and so far Tales shows no promise at all
Jul 13, 2016 10:14 PM

Apr 2010
aspaknyaa said:
Do you guys know good Tales games I can play on PC? You guys said Zestiria is bad but I enjoy the game, so if there's something better please suggest me so I can compare. Or maybe you guys were expecting too much because the previous games are good?

English ones: Symphonia is the only other one with a pc release. Other than those 2 you could use an emulator for Tales of Destiny 1 & 2, Tales of the World, and Tales of the Abyss. Vesperia, Graces F, Hearts, Xillia 1 & 2 are only available on consoles atm. There's also the sequel to Symphonia, Dawn of the New World, but I don't know if there's a Wii emulator, never looked.
Jul 14, 2016 12:42 AM

Nov 2012
aspaknyaa said:
Don't listen to those fkrs. If you like the tales games you should like Zesteria all the same. Names you should probbly try are, Tales of Symponia, Abyss, Grace F and Xillia. Vesperia i heard is very good too but you probably need a xbox to play it. Some day i buy a xbox just for this game lol :P

DoctorWasabi said:
Ufotable just needs to stick with Fate. God Eater was mediocre, and so far Tales shows no promise at all
Why not? I think is promises more than any tales adaption so far.
Jul 14, 2016 7:16 AM

May 2013
Why are you so salty? Did someone force you to watch it ? Also you keep comparing god eater to AOT, the first god eater game came out like 4 months after AOT MANGA started serializing, you think they gave a fk about a new manga and wanted to rip it off? I swear this fked up generation coomparing every apocalyptic anime or game to AOT is getting annoying.

That aside it is obvious they are doing this so they can get more people in the game since it probably sold way less than previous games or they are planning on releasing a remastered version after it which wouldn't be surprising with all the bugs it has.
I'd prefer a Xillia 2 adaptation anyday though, nothing will ever top that.
Jul 14, 2016 7:19 AM

May 2013
DoctorWasabi said:

Ufotable doesn't own fate, and fate/extra will be adapted by SHAFT which is WAY better for a fate adaptation in my opinion.
Jul 14, 2016 5:06 PM

Nov 2014
JudeMaxwell said:
Why are you so salty? Did someone force you to watch it ? Also you keep comparing god eater to AOT, the first god eater game came out like 4 months after AOT MANGA started serializing, you think they gave a fk about a new manga and wanted to rip it off? I swear this fked up generation coomparing every apocalyptic anime or game to AOT is getting annoying.

Hahahahaha. A born in the wrong generation kid. I bet you think that Nirvana is the best thing that ever happened, and no music can ever top it, too.

What you're missing here is that AOT itself is just another clone of a much more successful series... which, judged by your list- you've actually not seen. Very interesting...

Jul 14, 2016 5:45 PM

Jul 2013
I think it's really good, compared to other game adaptations "cough" God Eater "cough"

I love this Tales of game and I'm a happy to see it animated so well. It is perhaps the best game afaptation I've seen in a while. Yes, the story seems a bit rushed, but at least there was an OVA that showed expanded scenes of the first episode.

Also, don't forget that the anime serves as a marketing product. It advertises the game, so from a business pov it's a good idea.

“In all things, the heart must take precedence. The heart rules over all things, and all things come from the heart.”

Jul 14, 2016 6:45 PM
Mar 2015
Sionnach said:
I think it's really good, compared to other game adaptations "cough" God Eater "cough"

I love this Tales of game and I'm a happy to see it animated so well. It is perhaps the best game afaptation I've seen in a while. Yes, the story seems a bit rushed, but at least there was an OVA that showed expanded scenes of the first episode.

Also, don't forget that the anime serves as a marketing product. It advertises the game, so from a business pov it's a good idea.

Uhhh this episode was not rushed at all. In fact this episode covert a small part of the first ToZ OVA
Jul 15, 2016 8:58 AM

Jul 2013
Emirius said:
Sionnach said:

Uhhh this episode was not rushed at all. In fact this episode covert a small part of the first ToZ OVA

Oops, I meant rushed compared to the OVA, sorry for the vagueness! (it was pretty late at the time I wrote the post ^^).

“In all things, the heart must take precedence. The heart rules over all things, and all things come from the heart.”

Jul 15, 2016 11:16 AM
Mar 2015
Sionnach said:
Emirius said:

Oops, I meant rushed compared to the OVA, sorry for the vagueness! (it was pretty late at the time I wrote the post ^^).

I still dont see how this was rushed compared to the OVA since this episode had much more context compared to the beginning of the OVA. The only thing missing is the spider fight, but that was pretty mediocre fight in the OVA and would just feel tacked-on in this ep ^^
Jul 18, 2016 3:08 AM
Oct 2013
Inferno_Blaze12 said:

Not all. Right now theres:
Symphonia
Abyss
Eternia
Phantasia
Vesperia
And now Zestiria

Where's Tales of Destiny? Hearts? Innocence?
Jul 18, 2016 5:31 AM
Jul 2018
SigOpram said:
Inferno_Blaze12 said:

Not all. Right now theres:
Symphonia
Abyss
Eternia
Phantasia
Vesperia
And now Zestiria

I'm sorry if you didn't understand me, but I was talking about tales anime
Jul 19, 2016 4:24 AM
Oct 2013
Inferno_Blaze12 said:
SigOpram said:

Ahhh they all have anime!? I only knew Phantasia and Vesperia had one. *quickly searches* My apologies.
Jul 19, 2016 5:37 AM

May 2013
lawlmartz said:
VarunaBles said:

I was entertained more by that review than the series itself.

I do my best. Now if only I could get people to read some of my other reviews...

i def won't read any of your reviews because the posts i read here from you are so ... well.. i have no words but it's like you have already an opinion and are not even thinking about to change it and thus this anime will get a worse rating from you than it might be if you were more open minded about it. saying it will be bad from the beginning because "all" the game adaptations have been "bad" doesn't mean that in the future other adaptations are bad either...

if you would walk down the street, everyone would get gloomy because of all the negativity you are spreading to your surroundings.. and what's even worse is, that you don't even recognize it...
Jul 19, 2016 10:29 AM
Jul 2018
SigOpram said:
Inferno_Blaze12 said:

Ahhh they all have anime!? I only knew Phantasia and Vesperia had one. *quickly searches* My apologies.

Yep. Though I've only seen symphonia and currently zestiria. I hear abyss was good.
Jul 19, 2016 7:44 PM

Jul 2016
Its just ok so far, I wish Ufotable would use their big budgets on actual high quality anime and not medicore stuff like this or F/SN or God Eater
Jul 19, 2016 8:11 PM

Jul 2016
FononZero said:
Omni_slash95 said:
Its just ok so far, I wish Ufotable would use their big budgets on actual high quality anime and not medicore stuff like this or F/SN or God Eater

Why do you think F/SN is not high quality anime? What do you consider high quality anime?

Feel like it was rather generic & lacking compared to F/Z (example of high quality anime). All flash no substance.
Jul 19, 2016 8:14 PM

Aug 2013
they made one good anime, not sure they ever had it to begin with.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 19, 2016 8:23 PM

Aug 2013
dragonofmars said:
they made one good anime, not sure they ever had it to begin with.

Kara no Kyoukai had some good movies but yeah check out their anime besides that and they are pretty bad.
Jul 19, 2016 8:33 PM

Jul 2016
FononZero said:
Omni_slash95 said:

Feel like it was rather generic & lacking compared to F/Z (example of high quality anime). All flash no substance.

I liked F/Z quite a bit more too, though I don't think F/SN was that bad. Maybe not perfect, but still very good.

As a standalone it was ok (nothing special though) but after F/Z it was just disappointing. Hopefully the Heaven's Feel movies are better.
Jul 20, 2016 12:55 AM
Oct 2013
Omni_slash95 said:

I think this is more due to the content rather than the animation quality.

Compelling story - F/Z
Animation Quality - F/SN
Jul 20, 2016 1:25 AM

Aug 2013
@Midou89 - yeah, i liked KNK & Fate Zero but ii wouldn't consider them a top studio or anything . here's what a top studio's resume looks like:

-MADHOUSE: One Punch Man, Ippo, Death Note, Nana, Parasyte, Hellsing, Chihayfuru , Girl who Lept through Time, Beck, Kaiji, Millineum Actress, Hunter X Hunter & dozens of other great anime

-PRODUCTION IG: Ghost in the Shell, Kingeki no Kyojin, Haikyuu, Usagi Drop, Kuroku no Basket, Seirei no Moribito, Kimi no Todoke & many more great anime

-SUNRISE: Cowboy Bebop, Code Geass, Planetes, Tiger & Bunny, All those Gundam shows

-BRAINS BASE: Baccano, Natsume Yujinchou, Spice & Wolf, Durarara, Hotarubi no Mori E, Kuragehime, Yahari, Kurenai & My Little Monster

-STUDIO PIERROT: 12 Kingdoms, Great Teacher Onizuka, Yu Yu Hakusho, Akatsuki no Yona, Kingdom & Tokyo Ghoul

-A-1: Erased, Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso, Nanatsu no Taizai, Shinseki Yori & Space Brothers

-MANGLOBE: Ergo Proxy, Samurai Champloo, Mitchiko to Hatchin, Gangasta, Deadman Wonderland, The World Only God Knows, House of Five Leaves

then theirs of course Studio Ghibli who have probably never made a single bad movie or series since it's conception. for me, Ufotable has well produced anime but thats about it. their more about style then substance.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 20, 2016 5:50 AM

Jan 2015
Omni_slash95 said:
Hopefully the Heaven's Feel movies are better.

Different ≠ worse or better

reason you didn't like it because you expected FSN to be like F/Z. Well it wasn't. But what it was for itself was very good.
And most people didn't have such expectations for it being like FZ.
Its also okay to prefer one over the other, but don't go saying FSN:UBW is bad, which was never meant to be like FZ.

Saying stuff like "flash no substance" is pretty baseless, in the context its only a statement meant to debase the work. And its far from generic.

And before you watch heaven's feel - yes its going to be about Shirou, its a story with mostly same characters, its an alternate route/universe. If you didn't realize it by now.
FrozenkexJul 20, 2016 5:54 AM
Jul 20, 2016 6:45 AM

Jul 2016
SigOpram said:
Omni_slash95 said:

I think this is more due to the content rather than the animation quality.

Compelling story - F/Z
Animation Quality - F/SN

Yeah I definitely mean the content.

@FrozenKex. Oh its not generic? How many teeangers getting dragged into some magical battles etc. anime exist? How is Rin not the typical Tsundere?

Shirou is pretty Shounen esque too, muh saving everyone (its his flaw in this case but still).

Instead of the darker battle royale atmosphere we get teenagers bickering with each other, SOL bs (Picnic episode where Saber gets kidnapped), instead of multiple POV's we get boring ass Shirou's etc.

Even as a standalone it would be ok at best (6/10), it brings nothing new to the table, feels like you have seen the same thing a dozen times already.
Doesn't help that one apparently has to read the VN to get the big picture.

I know HF is about Shirou, from what I heard its more of a sequel to F/Z, thats why I'm excited.
Jul 20, 2016 1:20 PM

Aug 2013
i agree, F/SN was bland. bland protagonist, bland female lead & bland 2ndary female lead. for me, F/Z was dope because the protagonist was more complex & compelling then the generic "kid with guts who wants to save people because it's morally right" archetype.
Jul 21, 2016 1:11 AM

Jan 2015
Omni_slash95 said:
Oh its not generic? How many teeangers getting dragged into some magical battles etc. anime exist?

Being about teenagers doesn't immediately make it generic, there is nothing wrong with that, the story is solid. Rin is a character and she had depth and backstory and development, if you want to label her tsundere (even though she does exibit those qualities at times) she is a great tsundere, and it never feels forced. You can find a label to any female or character if you put microscope on it.

teenagers bickering with each other
Umm, i wouldn't call it that.

SOL episode was great, its kind of a calm before the storm, giving some screen time for characters in more relaxed state, a break from the very recent encounter with Caster/Kuzuki and develops romance a little bit. which is something people like, but i understand if it's not your thing.

I think the only problem is that you expected it to be something it wasn't and didn't try to be.

Even as a standalone it would be ok at best (6/10)

In your opinion

feels like you have seen the same thing a dozen times already.

Umm , maybe it seems that way from your overly simplified perspective? If there are a dozen anime that are like FSN:UBW, do tell me about them please, i want to watch.

Also, as you know, F/Z is based on FSN and came after it. FSN is an extremely popular VN. F/Z - a prequel written after it.

Heaven's Feel is a sequel to F/Z only in a sense that it covers some things that were introduced in F/Z and wraps them up.
Jul 21, 2016 6:54 AM

Jul 2016
dragonofmars said:
i agree, F/SN was bland. bland protagonist, bland female lead & bland 2ndary female lead. for me, F/Z was dope because the protagonist was more complex & compelling then the generic "kid with guts who wants to save people because it's morally right" archetype.

Yeah seen that already a dozen times. Also actually having adults as main characters in an anime was so refreshing.

With F/SN you get the typical Shounen esque protagonist with Shirou who wants to save everyone, the typical blushing Tsundere girl with no depth, a dumbed down Saber etc.

Such a disappointment after Fate/Zero. Even Kirei and Gilgamesh (one of the most entertaining evil duo's in anime) got screwed over hard.
Jul 22, 2016 4:37 AM

Jan 2015
Omni_slash95 said:

Yeah seen that already a dozen times. Also actually having adults as main characters in an anime was so refreshing.
With F/SN you get the typical Shounen esque protagonist with Shirou who wants to save everyone, the typical blushing Tsundere girl with no depth, a dumbed down Saber etc.

Is that supposed to be your reply? I say she has depth and you say "no depth"? "typical" isn't just a buzzword you can throw around everywhere without giving any examples or evidence.

Where have you seen something like FSN a dozen times? Maybe watch it while not drunk.

Anyone can simplify an anime to misrepresent it as bad:

Cowboy bebop - an episodic show of group of people with no chemistry or char development that do odd jobs until MC dies, the end.
FrozenkexJul 22, 2016 5:12 AM
Jul 22, 2016 6:54 AM

Jul 2016
Frozenkex said:
Omni_slash95 said:

Is that supposed to be your reply? I say she has depth and you say "no depth"? "typical" isn't just a buzzword you can throw around everywhere without giving any examples or evidence.

Where have you seen something like FSN a dozen times? Maybe watch it while not drunk.

Anyone can simplify an anime to misrepresent it as bad:

Cowboy bebop - an episodic show of group of people with no chemistry or char development that do odd jobs until MC dies, the end.

Well you didn't explain how she had depth so I didn't do it either. I mean what did she offer? Just being an indecisive brat who says multiple times she will "kill" Shirou, then as expected it doesn't happen and we get some cringey romance where she keeps blushing.. The route barely focused on her character in any meaningful way, it was more about Archer & Shirou.

She tried too hard to be badass and at the end kept coming back to Shirou anyway, nothing interesting about her.

Of course not exactly like F/SN but just look through the last few years and you will see that there have been plenty of highschool (a setting I'm sick of at this point) anime where the MC gets dragged into some magical conflict and even though he isn't exactly experienced he has some random power that keeps him alive, there are a few waifu's for him etc.

Are you honestly going to pretend that the concept of F/SN is somehow unique in anime?
Especially compared to F/Z? C'mon

Because of the lackluster uninteresting characters, the lack of battle royale atmosphere (I call it the kiddie version of F/Z), dumbing down characters from F/Z etc. it was just not a very good anime for me.

Not going to change my opinion on that, if you enjoyed it good for you.

I'll watch HF and maybe that one is better and actually answers some questions at least.
AssumingControlJul 22, 2016 7:17 AM
Jul 22, 2016 7:42 PM

Jan 2015
Omni_slash95 said:

I mean what did she offer?

Yeah, she is pretty interesting unless you simply hating on characters because they are in highschool.

and you will see that there have been plenty of highschool (a setting I'm sick of at this point) anime where the MC gets dragged into some magical conflict

The only thing you can say about it is that some main characters are young (17) , i wouldnt call it even high school setting. There only 2 events that happen at the school, everything else is elsewhere. In 2nd season there is no school at all.

even though he isn't exactly experienced he has some random power that keeps him alive

He has the same power that Kiritsugu had in the end, that keeps him alive. For someone who liked Zero you seem to not have paid much attention to either story.

there are a few waifu's for him etc.

What waifus? Saber is motherly character in UBW and guardian to both Shirou and Rin, so there is only Rin.

Are you honestly going to pretend that the concept of F/SN is somehow unique in anime?

Not pretending anything. It is unique.

dumbing down characters from F/Z

Haven't you realized yet that those characters are from FSN and not the other way around?

Different characters have less focus depending on the route they are in. This should be obvious, given how little coverage Rider had, you don't even know what her noble phantasm is. Kirei, Rider, and Illya has more stuff in Fate route and Heaven's feel route.
FrozenkexJul 22, 2016 7:54 PM
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

188 by bushman66 »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

138 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

105 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

128 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jul 10, 2016

220 by bushman66 »»
Nov 22, 2023 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.