Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 21, 2016 7:27 PM
Aug 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm on episode 9 of this series and can't understand why there aren't any discussions for this show. I stumbled across an action figure of one of the mobile suits and tracked down the show to see what it was about. I'm really enjoying it so far. It should be on more mecha/anime lists.

This episode had the group caught by surprise during a thunderstorm that knocked the power out, allowing two enemies to sneak onto the base and discover the groups clothes hanging out to dry. Several members pilot the mobile suits in the hangars to fight off the invaders thanks to Kentsu's foolish actions. For the first time we get glimpse of the pilots of the alien suits and they actually appear humanoid. The story is unfolding quite nicely.
Feb 4, 2021 6:22 PM

May 2008
Once again Kents causing trouble for everyone else. They seriously need to stop rescuing the dude, just let Darwin take him since this is the fourth freaking time he's done this.

Anyway.

Sharon gives no craps about nakedness which I just love. The sight of her showing her naked body off to Kents all playful, knowing how much it bothers him is great. It's refreshing to see the girls laught it off instead of what we always get nowadays. The real surprise is that she went into the simulator and this is the first time the show mentions it?? That she rebuilt one of the mecha too? How could she NOT figure out how to stop moving?

Maki too, maybe? With her the show never really confirms outright whether Maki used the simulator or not after that first time. But she too didn't know how to stop, but Fred--Wait, the last ep was all about how he couldn't reach? And now he can? Did they do those mods again and that's what Sharon and Fred are using?

9 eps in and I've found the first major flaw of this show. The small details like above goes a long way and yet the show keeps skipping them over. Maybe instead of the weird preview of the ep in the beginning (WHY?) they could add those detailed scenes.

Yeah, I'm annoyed. It makes me feel like I missed an episode each and every time.

Also yes Scott is a bit of a moron. In what world would the army come help when they outright told you to not to broadcast, refused to answer from the beginning, when each and every time you DO broadcast it caused you to get attacked and lose the Professor, and the soldiers left you guys out to dry after their men got killed because the Professor broadcasted like an idiot? They don't care! I swear, Barts is the smartest kid in the room.
Dec 26, 2023 3:18 PM
Nov 2013
They all seriously need to sit down and have it instilled in them not to do shit that can put others in danger.

Honestly, at this point I'm rooting for Kentsu to be one of the first to die because of how dumb he is.

Roddy is kinda disappointing.

So far, every time he gets put in a pinch, his first instinct is to sit there and... Let things happen?

And then for some reason the kids let witnesses leave alive...

Hopefully Scott has learned that "taking responsibility" for consequences isn't that simple.
NakuyDec 26, 2023 3:26 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ginga Hyouryuu Vifam Episode 26 Discussion

Sakarii - Mar 9, 2021

1 by Nakuy »»
Jan 5, 10:57 PM

Poll: » Ginga Hyouryuu Vifam Episode 23 Discussion

removed-user - Jun 16, 2020

1 by Nakuy »»
Jan 5, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Ginga Hyouryuu Vifam Episode 22 Discussion

removed-user - Jun 16, 2020

1 by Nakuy »»
Jan 2, 9:58 PM

Poll: » Ginga Hyouryuu Vifam Episode 21 Discussion

povsuduvolosy - May 23, 2016

2 by Nakuy »»
Jan 2, 9:32 PM

Poll: » Ginga Hyouryuu Vifam Episode 20 Discussion

Sakarii - Mar 2, 2021

1 by Nakuy »»
Jan 2, 9:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.