Forum Settings
Forums
New
Apr 11, 2016 7:53 PM
Mar 2009
I understand that many aren't the biggest fans of 02 and its cast; I'm not exactly either. At this point, I'm not sure if I'll be able to care when they finally get around to it, though.

I would have been able to forgive a lot if this movie had just managed to throw in even a single "So that's what happened to him...!" or "I thought he and the others were studying abroad!" line when Ken appeared. Anything to just acknowledge the Adventure cast's attitudes that, in context, make them out to be cold as well as terrible friends.

But there's just such a laundry list of issues now I'm not sure shoehorning them in could fix it. Daisuke should have been at the soccer game. Taichi should have noticed that. Miyako should still be Takeru's neighbor, and Iori should still be decent friends with Takeru, meaning he should have been trying to get both of them to Yamato's concert, while Hikari probably would've been trying for Miyako to go to the game and, if he existed, Daisuke probably would've wanted the same. And since they're older now, why not just let Ken go to the same school now while we're at it?

Why is no one missing them during the festival? Where is Daisuke's sister at Yamato's concert? Sure, she was a minor character, but she does exist in this world.

Even just hinting at some of these things would make it forgivable, but they don't. They seem desperate to avoid the topic of 02 while making sure to grab things like Mimi in America, Yamato's band, and more from it all the same. It's crazy, but more than that, it's lazy.

The same goes for how they're addressing how much people know of Digimon too for that matter, but that's another topic.

I get that this is arguably just fanservice and perhaps a last ditch attempt to see if it's worth continuing making Digimon anime, but it seems like for someone who has an actual memory of the shows this is supposed to be celebrating and a sequel to, it's more fan disservice than anything.
Apr 12, 2016 12:08 AM
Mar 2016
oversevethousand said:
I understand that many aren't the biggest fans of 02 and its cast; I'm not exactly either. At this point, I'm not sure if I'll be able to care when they finally get around to it, though.

I would have been able to forgive a lot if this movie had just managed to throw in even a single "So that's what happened to him...!" or "I thought he and the others were studying abroad!" line when Ken appeared. Anything to just acknowledge the Adventure cast's attitudes that, in context, make them out to be cold as well as terrible friends.

But there's just such a laundry list of issues now I'm not sure shoehorning them in could fix it. Daisuke should have been at the soccer game. Taichi should have noticed that. Miyako should still be Takeru's neighbor, and Iori should still be decent friends with Takeru, meaning he should have been trying to get both of them to Yamato's concert, while Hikari probably would've been trying for Miyako to go to the game and, if he existed, Daisuke probably would've wanted the same. And since they're older now, why not just let Ken go to the same school now while we're at it?

Why is no one missing them during the festival? Where is Daisuke's sister at Yamato's concert? Sure, she was a minor character, but she does exist in this world.

Even just hinting at some of these things would make it forgivable, but they don't. They seem desperate to avoid the topic of 02 while making sure to grab things like Mimi in America, Yamato's band, and more from it all the same. It's crazy, but more than that, it's lazy.

The same goes for how they're addressing how much people know of Digimon too for that matter, but that's another topic.

I get that this is arguably just fanservice and perhaps a last ditch attempt to see if it's worth continuing making Digimon anime, but it seems like for someone who has an actual memory of the shows this is supposed to be celebrating and a sequel to, it's more fan disservice than anything.
first off its not OK and second of all I love season 2 so I'm pretty sure they're gonna appear at some point in the other movies hopefully
Apr 23, 2016 6:23 PM

Jul 2011
oversevethousand said:

I do agree, I'm a bit bothered why no one has mentioned them yet. Still I do think they will come up and some point in this. Most likely they'll be looking more into it during the third movie.

oversevethousand said:

Now that I have to disagree with. Let me just say, I don't disagree with the idea of them not bring them up at all, but at that last part in the movie I feel like would not have been a good part to bring it up. To me it would have just been random for T.K. and Kari to say, "Oh there he is" or like u said, "Aren't they studying abroad. To me it would have just been out of place to say something like. Seeing as their friend was just killed and it was nearing the end of the movie. Plus do u really think the guy who's dream it was to own a noodle cart to be studying abroad?

If u ask me maybe the other might have moved away and that's why their not being mentioned. It's a bit hard to believe, but remember the Digimon were kind of the reason why Mimi's parents moved to America. Now yeah, I don't think they moved out of the state, but I do think they moved to other areas. If u remember T.K. seemed to be writing on a board for anyone who is a digidestined. Still I could be very wrong.

oversevethousand said:
But there's just such a laundry list of issues now I'm not sure shoehorning them in could fix it. Daisuke should have been at the soccer game. Taichi should have noticed that.

I don't think he would have been there. I mean they were close, but I don't think Daves/Daisuke were that close. Yeah, he Tai gave him the goggles, but not much else.

oversevethousand said:
Miyako should still be Takeru's neighbor, and Iori should still be decent friends with Takeru, meaning he should have been trying to get both of them to Yamato's concert, while Hikari probably would've been trying for Miyako to go to the game and, if he existed, Daisuke probably would've wanted the same. And since they're older now, why not just let Ken go to the same school now while we're at it?

Well I said, that they might have all moved away, but I feel like there are a few problems here. Iori was also neighbors with Takeru. I don't think Iori or Miyako would be into that kind of thing. Ok, maybe Miyako may like music, but I just don't see Iori liking that kind of stuff. I don't see why Miyako would go to the game? I know friend stuff, but still I just don't see it happening.

What does Ken being older have to do with their school? Ok, yeah their Daisuke, Miyako, and Ken are around the same age and in one of the Digimon movie's we see Miyako he the same uniform that Sora is wearing, so they do go to the same school (maybe), but I don't see that being a bid deal.

oversevethousand said:

She got over Yamato when she found out that he was in love with Sora. I think she has a thing for Joe's brother after that.

oversevethousand said:

I'm sure now that Ken has been shown they will be asking about the other and finding out what happened to them soon. I agree it's frustrating, but we just need to wait a little longer.
Apr 25, 2016 1:00 AM

Jun 2015
I think it's kind of funny that they said that they weren't gonna retcon Adventure 02, but they are making them totally irrelevant to the point that they are pretty much getting neglected by other kids. They are fighting Imperialdramon without questioning it.

Like I get it, Adventure 02 bombed in Japan (from what I heard). but instead of making mentions of them and ignoring them at the same time, it's just better to make them non-existence.
May 6, 2016 8:22 PM

Feb 2013
Who cares, they suck.
Besides,if they do put them in, people will be like "Why dont they have a bigger role blahblahblah"
This is about the 01 digidestined, having the 02 kids in would lose the focus on the 01 crew.
Its better to be totally focused on just one group.
May 7, 2016 3:10 PM
Mar 2016
Raydnt said:
Who cares, they suck.
Besides,if they do put them in, people will be like "Why dont they have a bigger role blahblahblah"
This is about the 01 digidestined, having the 02 kids in would lose the focus on the 01 crew.
fuck you they don't suck
May 9, 2016 4:32 PM

Feb 2013
KingArti said:
Raydnt said:
Who cares, they suck.
fuck you they don't suck

Davis is an idiot.
May 11, 2016 2:55 AM
Mar 2016
Raydnt said:
KingArti said:
fuck you they don't suck

Davis is an idiot.
Raydnt said:
KingArti said:
fuck you they don't suck

Davis is an idiot.
your an idiot, end of story
May 12, 2016 1:06 PM

Feb 2013
KingArti said:
Raydnt said:

Davis is an idiot.
Raydnt said:

Davis is an idiot.

Haha how cute, a 12 year old with pitiful insults.
Jun 8, 2016 6:29 AM
Mar 2016
Raydnt said:
KingArti said:

FYI I'm 22 years old and again your an idiot
Jun 8, 2016 10:16 AM

Feb 2013
KingArti said:
Raydnt said:

FYI I'm 22 years old and again your an idiot

Insulting me personally instead of refuting against the comment regarding the topic is clear evidence of your lack of intelligence.

Also, its "you're" not "your"
Jul 11, 2016 9:36 PM

Jul 2013
I'm convinced something happened to the 02 cast. Mimi did recognize Ken when they first met at the back of the school.
May 24, 2017 12:25 PM

Apr 2017
They are gone for good. And there are plenty of logical explanations:
1- maybe the 02 kids went to other schools after the events of 02.
2- maybe they fought the original digidestined, and split apart due to differences

The "Ichigouju" line Mimi threw was improvised. She didn't know what was happening, so maybe in the next episodes they will address these concerns.
--------
Jan 21, 2018 11:00 PM

Oct 2017
Nah its not good but at the same time they are being saved from this trainwreck I guess.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Digimon Adventure tri. 2: Ketsui Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 11, 2016

139 by JVskunkape »»
Aug 28, 2023 7:40 AM

» Thoughts on the new characters

Lillinettix - Mar 28, 2016

6 by argentino_kek »»
May 24, 2017 12:31 PM

» I love the original digimon but

lord23 - Mar 11, 2016

35 by argentino_kek »»
May 24, 2017 12:19 PM

» The 02 chosen children in Digimon Adventure Tri

KingArti - Mar 29, 2016

1 by argentino_kek »»
May 24, 2017 12:03 PM

» Yep im convinced about Leomon. (Spoilers)

HollowIchigo58 - Mar 13, 2016

11 by argentino_kek »»
May 24, 2017 12:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.