Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (17) « First ... « 15 16 [17]
Apr 22, 2023 2:25 AM
Apr 2023
Absolute great start of an awesome anime.
Apr 28, 2023 6:19 PM

Jul 2021
Very strong start to the series.
How can you keep moving forward if you keep regretting the past?

Jul 9, 2023 12:29 AM

Dec 2022
Whew what an absolute first episode that is. I rlly didn't expect this to go super dark in a short amount of time or the tone shift to the dark moment with the sound effects and osts n all caught me off guard.
Anyways.. goated 1st episode cause of it so noice.

Jul 12, 2023 4:34 AM
Jul 2023
This is a masterpiece, i can't even describe how i feel it after watching the first season.
Aug 21, 2023 5:57 AM
Jan 2023
Very solid first episode, very much enjoyed it. Loved how they wasted no time in transporting Subaru into the fantasy world.

The animation was great, and the voice actors just seemed to fit the character roles perfectly. (I'm watching the dub here)

This episode feels like it was really well paced, I hope they keep up with what they're doing here.
Sep 13, 2023 3:26 AM
Nov 2020
The best 50 mins of my life
Sep 20, 2023 5:46 PM
Jan 2023
the best in the west!!!! random and funny af
Oct 30, 2023 1:14 PM
Oct 2023
pretty good.........
Nov 14, 2023 1:58 AM

Aug 2023
what a stupid MC... clueless as fk

こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです! こんにちは!私の名前はマルハザクです!
Nov 24, 2023 8:23 AM

Dec 2022
So Subaru revived, ran to the loot house again in a panic, and then promptly forgot about his death and stopped caring. He also didn't care about the witch who entered the shop having the exact same voice as the person who just killed him? It's confusing to imagine someone going through that scenario and not taking every precaution to avoid it, while also employing a sensible level of suspicion. Maybe it will eventually be explained.

Besides that, it seems to be consciously aiming to deconstruct video game isekai, with a main character who has a meta-awareness of the genre and a vaguely sarcastic assortment of characters made to juxtapose Subaru's initial assumptions of the world.

Given how Satella was suddenly perturbed at her own name, Subaru either gets teleported to a completely different universe with only infinitesimal differences when he dies, or his death results in imperfect time travel that corrupts and alters specific details of the past.

Shaded Horizon

Nov 26, 2023 1:45 PM
Dec 2016
Feels like this happened before...
Dec 15, 2023 7:33 AM

Nov 2023
Well goddamn, so we Subaru after buying groceries outside of Seven Eleven at night time when suddenly he gets transported into a different world. And in the first episode, we already see him get killed. This might be the most realistic anime ever.
Dec 28, 2023 11:13 AM
Jul 2017
not a fan of how everything is being introduced, it seems shallow and bland
Mar 11, 4:54 AM
Mar 2024
was pretty good ngl
Apr 11, 2:06 PM
Jan 2024
Loved it and all, but I've got a question: Was this first episode 50 minutes long for anyone else as well? Some streaming services I use have an "episode 0" and "episode 1," while others put both episode 0 and 1 together into a 50 minute long episode. Its still the same stuff either way, its just interesting that its listed differently on different streaming sites.
Apr 18, 6:49 AM

Apr 2024
Episode 1 definitely throws you into the world, but for me, the landing was somewhat of dud, especially with regard to the characters. The main character, Subaru Natsuki, begins as a complete blank slate. He is an otaku who has been transported to another world, a pattern we have seen many times before. His initial self-centered, perverse antics is off-putting. We don't get a sense of who he is or why we should support him.

Subaru meets Emilia, but their initial interaction is shallow. He falls in love instantly, but it is more like lust at first sight than a genuine connection. This makes it difficult to care about their budding relationship.

The episode introduces some potentially interesting side characters, such as Satella and the alley thug, but they remain a mystery. We never get a chance to understand their motivations or personalities.

Although this episode set up the premise of Isekai and Subaru's predicament, the lack of depth in the characters, especially Subaru himself, left me feeling disappointed and unsure if I want to see more.
Pages (17) « First ... « 15 16 [17]

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

34 by Okeanix »»
10 hours ago

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.