Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Apr 2, 2016 9:39 AM
Feb 2015
Dragon Ball Z is considered cool but Naruto is considered uncool. Why? Naruto has just as good of a storyline is not better and cool action, some of the fillers in the anime suck but same with dragon ball z. I just feel in the anime community, and the real world Naruto has a bad reputation that i don't understand is it because of the infamous "believe it!" English dub? I just know my brother doesn't want to watch it with me because he doesn't want to "get into this anime bullshit" even though dragon ball z is his favorite show. Why is dragon ball z fine and not Naruto, they're both good shows and very entertaining so I don't understand.
Apr 2, 2016 9:42 AM

Oct 2014
Krystopher said:
Dragon Ball Z is considered cool but Naruto is considered uncool. Why? Naruto has just as good of a storyline is not better and cool action, some of the fillers in the anime suck but same with dragon ball z. I just feel in the anime community, and the real world Naruto has a bad reputation that i don't understand is it because of the infamous "believe it!" English dub? I just know my brother doesn't want to watch it with me because he doesn't want to "get into this anime bullshit" even though dragon ball z is his favorite show. Why is dragon ball z fine and not Naruto, they're both good shows and very entertaining so I don't understand.
Nobody likes Dragon Ball Z anymore. Real men watch Yu Yu Hakusho.
The general opinion of the community is that Part 1 of Naruto was good, and that Shippuden started out good but went to shit and never came back.
What Kabaneri Did Wrong:
- Edgelord protagonist
- Special snowflake girlfriend
- Giving humans powers
- Failing to create a unique/memorable setting

What Kabaneri Did Right:
Apr 2, 2016 9:44 AM
Feb 2015
Horatio_Nelson said:
Krystopher said:
Nobody likes Dragon Ball Z anymore. Real men watch Yu Yu Hakusho.
The general opinion of the community is that Part 1 of Naruto was good, and that Shippuden started out good but went to shit and never came back.

I disagree but ok, I like Shippuden better
Apr 2, 2016 9:44 AM

Jul 2014
Because there is School Days that set is standard high.
Apr 2, 2016 9:45 AM

Aug 2013
Because it's the most generic and mediocre anime ever made.

May 2014
Sasuke and Sakura are arguably the biggest eyesores of anime character history. The Akatsuki are some badass villains but the overwhelming amount of filler and bad jokes makes the show cringe-y if not unwatchable to most audiences. The only reason the show is still relevant is because most of us started watching it when we were 10-15 years old and grew up with it but now tat we've experienced better anime we can only judge ourselves from the past for not picking on a better show like One Piece

Jul 2013
Dragon ball z is more accepted by westerners and thus is considered less weabooish.

Dun listen to the haters, people ALWAYS flock to and hate on mainstream/popular anime because they wanna look like super special snowflakes.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
MasterTengkorakApr 2, 2016 10:49 AM

╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

Apr 2, 2016 9:48 AM

Nov 2015
cuz it's for kids. Get over it lel...
Apr 2, 2016 9:50 AM
Mar 2016
Krystopher said:
because Naruto is a ninja in a neon orange jumpsuit with whiskers.

sure Goku has weird hair but he's dressed like a martial artist and is super buff and thus is cooler by default
Apr 2, 2016 9:55 AM

Feb 2016
Edgelords aside, people who used to be a fan like myself got turned off because of Kishimoto's disgusting obsession with Sasuke and turning a pretty good main character into a Sasuke obsessed bitch during part 2. Honestly couldn't tell who had a bigger crush on Sasuke between Sakura and Naruto

The rest who dislike it probably dislike most battle shonens
Apr 2, 2016 9:56 AM
Jul 2010
It's because it's super popular.
The more popular something is than another thing, the more angry the opposite side gets.
It's also because of the fillers, but I don't get that lame excuse of hate because MANY ongoing shounen anime have fillers >__>

I get your confusion though because the storyline is actually very well done.
There are good AND bad characters JUST as any other anime would have.
There are FAR worse animes out there.
Apr 2, 2016 9:59 AM

Dec 2015
Because real ninja don't wear orange, it completely destroys the stealth aspect.
Apr 2, 2016 10:02 AM
Mar 2016
CyberAnimeLover said:
Dandy-san said:
because Naruto is a ninja in a neon orange jumpsuit with whiskers.

sure Goku has weird hair but he's dressed like a martial artist and is super buff and thus is cooler by default

lol yeah this is how naruto should've looked after the timeskip
lol, I still don't get why they thought orange and whiskers were a good idea. who has weird whisker marks on their cheeks?

lmao reminds me some die-hard narutard parents asked on yahoo how to make whisker scars on their kids' cheeks
Apr 2, 2016 10:08 AM

Jan 2015
No Dragon Ball Z is not fine just as DBZ should've ended/went downhill with Piccolo Arc, Naruto went downhill after Pain Arc.

Both are riddled with plot holes and random powerups, there's hardly any tension and the backstory's and motivations for the villains are weak as fuck.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 2, 2016 10:18 AM

Oct 2013
bobzanny said:
No Dragon Ball Z is not fine just as DBZ should've ended/went downhill with Piccolo Arc, Naruto went downhill after Pain Arc.

Both are riddled with plot holes and random powerups, there's hardly any tension and the backstory's and motivations for the villains are weak as fuck.

Piccolo Arc is DB not DBZ! So basically what you're saying is that DBZ shouldn't ever have existed.
Apr 2, 2016 10:24 AM

Jan 2015
bigivelfhq said:
bobzanny said:

Piccolo Arc is DB not DBZ! So basically what you're saying is that DBZ shouldn't ever have existed.

Well I was going based off the manga not the anime, but yes everything about Saiyans ruined Goku and the universe of DB.

Right now DBS is going on about God's of destruction and multiple universes. DB was just about a fun adventure and some fighting tournaments that required some strategy and actual hand to hand combat.

Same with Naruto it started out all fun and games with great taijutsu and some cool ninjutsu sprinkled throughout and we ended with fucking MULTIPLE tailed beasts and creating moons and every with a Sharingan gets a susanoo.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Apr 2, 2016 10:34 AM

Aug 2015
Dragon ball became shit after they decided to turn Gohan into a new Yamacha, And Naruto became shit since Shippuden started.

Moral of the story : Never do a Time-skip. Every show is destined to be ruined after that.
Apr 2, 2016 10:52 AM

Nov 2011
Moved & Cleaned: Please keep the posts On-topic and leave the Baiting to a yourselves.
Apr 2, 2016 10:59 AM

Dec 2012
More popularity = more obnoxious fans = more ppl that hate on the show due to it. There is also a lot of people that just can't handle something they think is bad or not good to be more recognized than their favorite shows.

It depends on your surroundings really. Naruto reached heights of popularity that very few anime reached.

and if this isn't cool, I don't what is :P

More topics from this board

Poll: » Naruto Episode 220 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Alicia3000 - Aug 31, 2009

125 by alexa0717 »»
May 7, 6:25 PM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 68 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 3, 2009

32 by Losho »»
May 2, 8:40 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

goodevilgenius - Aug 28, 2007

65 by Faunaseer »»
May 2, 5:50 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 23 Discussion

Vitka_Lynx - Dec 6, 2008

28 by luanacsz »»
Apr 30, 11:19 AM

Poll: » Naruto Episode 60 Discussion

Alicia3000 - Aug 1, 2009

26 by Matheus050 »»
Apr 25, 6:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.