Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sunshine Sketch
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 7, 2010 8:56 AM
May 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Favourite moments:
"Glamorous!"
"I love you!"
"Jyaan!!" *shows off awesome test score* *test rips*

I loved the past two seasons, and with the first episode being as good, the whole season looks promising! The OP and ED are awesome as usual, and with the two incoming freshmen having moved in and relatively introduced, all six rooms in the Hidamari Apartments are officially occupied!

With all that being said, I need to find a less crappy stream.

EDIT: The background picture of sponsor screen at the end was hilarious.
Jan 7, 2010 8:58 AM
Jul 2018
February 27-March 4, Yuno fails her English grammar
gram < grammar < glamorous
And she scratches her 100 pts re-test :D

And then the crucial 2nd part, Nazuna and Nori arrived!
Their introduction was rather short yet, since they were lonely in the house.

Great beginning, it's exactly the same Hidamari Sketch as before, I totally forgot my sickness and am in top mood :)
But was the ED another unfinished one? Ohh SHAFT please hire some more animators T_T
Jan 7, 2010 9:00 AM

Oct 2008
I won't be fooled by your animation, SHAFT. I know it'll be a slideshow from episode 2 onward. Working on this, Vampire Bund, the remaining Bakemonogatar episodes, and the Negima OVAs? Ha!

ETA until the studio implodes?
Japanese cartoons and comics.
Jan 7, 2010 9:03 AM

Jan 2008
I hope the ED isn't the final version
Jan 7, 2010 9:13 AM

Sep 2007
I liked Nori more than Nazuna. Can't wait to see more of them. Their introduction was... sad. xD
Loved it, my favorite part was when Yuno ripped her awesome test. And when she talked about the ingredients of her dinner in Engish. =D
Awesome beginning. The same as always lovable Hidamari Sketch. Always managed to make me happy. <3
The OP was pretty good, and is the ED unfinished? Liked the x365 ED more, though. =/
Jan 7, 2010 10:25 AM

Sep 2008
falkenn said:
I hope the ED isn't the final version

I'm thinking they ran out of time to animate it for this episode. It's happened before.
Jan 7, 2010 11:50 AM
Jul 2018
asdf1248 said:

Indeed, very nice pic.

doubletaco said:
I know it'll be a slideshow from episode 2 onward.

KeyHole watchers won't notice this though X_x

kevinayP said:
The OP was pretty good, and is the ED unfinished? Liked the x365 ED more, though. =/

The x365 ED was really good one, but I like Hoshimittsu's unusually cheerful song.
And even the OP animation was not done 100%

mouikkai said:
I'm thinking they ran out of time to animate it for this episode. It's happened before.

It's happening for years T_T, that's the problem. Since Bakemonogatari they really shouldn't lack money, why don't they try to get support from any other studio, when no animators want to apply as it seems?
Jan 7, 2010 1:20 PM

Sep 2009
Uh oh, I haven't even seen the episode yet... but I came to this thread hoping someone knew where I could find subs for it. Did SHAFT take on too much!? Are they going to totally ruin Hidamari Sketch? oh gawd, no. ;_;
-
Jan 7, 2010 8:57 PM

May 2009
:D

IN. TERNET.
ShotshotsJan 12, 2010 9:57 PM
Jan 7, 2010 9:44 PM

Jan 2009
with high definition and new characters, i enjoyed this episode very much
although the ending looks like incomplete
Jan 7, 2010 9:55 PM

Jan 2008
Ugh, from what I'm hearing did SHAFT bite off more than they can chew again? Poor Hidamari Sketch...
Jan 7, 2010 10:22 PM

Oct 2008
Yay hidamari love :)
じーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーっ
Jan 7, 2010 10:29 PM

Sep 2007
asdf1248 said:

That Sae pic? Haha, that was hilarious. xD

HoaRy said:
The x365 ED was really good one, but I like Hoshimittsu's unusually cheerful song.
And even the OP animation was not done 100%

Eeh? Well I did notice the OP animation was kind of off, seems like it was not done 100%... =o
And yeah, while Hoshimittsu's ED song is a unusually cheerful one I still liked x365 ED more. =x

Whiskers said:
Uh oh, I haven't even seen the episode yet... but I came to this thread hoping someone knew where I could find subs for it. Did SHAFT take on too much!? Are they going to totally ruin Hidamari Sketch? oh gawd, no. ;_;

I don't think so. It only aired yesterday, but if you want to watch it HD RAWs are already on the internet. xD
But I'm sure someone would sub it in a few days. It's just a matter of time. =D
Jan 7, 2010 11:18 PM

Jul 2006
kevinayP said:

Whiskers said:

I don't think so. It only aired yesterday, but if you want to watch it HD RAWs are already on the internet. xD
But I'm sure someone would sub it in a few days. It's just a matter of time. =D

Hidamari Sketch subs take forever. I expect to be watching this all the way into June. May if we are lucky.

and OMG IN HD NO WAIIIII. *watches raw*
and I totally forgot about the x365 specials XD

Jan 8, 2010 6:22 AM
Jul 2018
Exactly, Spoon took ages for x365. But the group(s?) which did the specials weren't that slow.
Other shows are subbed within a week and still there are plenty of subsfuckingwhere posts -_-

But good news at least: An Aniplex staff member wrote on his twitter channel, that the 'real' ED will air next week already (source pic somewhere on the site)
removed-userJan 8, 2010 6:41 AM
Jan 8, 2010 6:26 AM

Sep 2007
HoaRy said:
But good news at least: An Aniplex staff member wrote on his twitter channel, that the 'real' ED will air next week already (source pic)

Great news, so at least the real ED would start to air next week. The source picture won't load, FC2 doesn't allow hotlinking. Link to blog article or Twitter account? =D
Jan 8, 2010 6:43 AM
Jul 2018
Oh sorry, here you go.
His twitter account is twi39, but I couldn't find it there. Maybe he was asked to delete it again?^^
Jan 8, 2010 7:05 AM

Sep 2007
HoaRy said:
Oh sorry, here you go.
His twitter account is twi39, but I couldn't find it there. Maybe he was asked to delete it again?^^

Hmm, he did say "EDは、来週をお楽しみにください!", but I'm not too sure, it depends on what he was replying to... I also found another tweet on his Twitter account that says "OPは来週のお楽しみということで!!", so does this mean the OP would be finished by next week? xD
He was responding to a tweet that said "OP見逃しちゃったのが残念でした…", so he might be talking about the song instead of the animation? Can't find that tweet so I can't look at what he responded to, maybe he did delete it. Checked peria's Twitter account and can't find any reply to twi39. peria only said "お疲れ様です!" which twi39 replied but I can't see anything that's related to the ED. Checked gambarus's account and he did say "EDできてないのかww", but that wasn't a reply to twi39... He said "ひだ夜2行けなかったからOPEDも楽しみ!" in a reply to twi39, though. I can't say more since I can't see this tweet. T_T

Anyways, I'll just see how it goes next week. Followed twi39 so I won't miss anything he tweeted. xD
kevinayPJan 8, 2010 7:09 AM
Jan 8, 2010 7:39 AM
Jul 2018
Waaa, don't lessen my hopes :'(
So we can't help but wait for next week ||_||
Jan 8, 2010 9:49 AM
May 2009
HoaRy said:
Exactly, Spoon took ages for x365. But the group(s?) which did the specials weren't that slow.

You mean Nutbladder? They're gg (who "bought out" Spoonsubs) in disguise.
Jan 8, 2010 2:35 PM

Jul 2006
I'm hoping those were not the complete OP and ED. I'll be honest, I RAGED when I saw them. HidaSkecth always has awesome ones, those were...... :(

Jan 8, 2010 2:49 PM

Apr 2008
Is this out streaming anywhere yet?
Jan 8, 2010 5:55 PM

Aug 2008
Well, I guess with the posts here, I'll just have to watch them all raw. Anyways, Hidamari is a pretty easy anime to understand without subs.

Ah yes, this certainly reminds me why I love Hidamari Sketch so much. I love Yuno and Miyako together :) The two new roommates were cool, as well.

OP and ED were both cool, as usual. I did, however, LOL'd hard at the ED animation. Best ED animation ever!

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jan 9, 2010 12:14 AM

Nov 2007
asdf1248 said:
The OP and ED are awesome as usual

uh, you mean the OP/ED SONGS not the animations, right?
OP was basically a bunch of flying stars everywhere, and the ED was just a frickin house for one and a half minute dammit! TT__TT

I REALLY do hope they'll complete the OP/ED as the airing progresses... -0-;;

but the episode itself was nice. the same calm fun everyday feel of Hidaske... just that the drawing style seems to have changed a bit from the two prequel seasons. Oh and ohh I like the newbie Nazuna! kinda reminds me of Mikuni from Shangri-la... :P

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Jan 9, 2010 1:07 AM

Sep 2007
kimatg said:
just that the drawing style seems to have changed a bit from the two prequel seasons.

The first season's the best, but I like this better than the second season. At least it wasn't as bad as Minami-ke... xD

kimatg said:
OP was basically a bunch of flying stars everywhere, and the ED was just a frickin house for one and a half minute dammit! TT__TT

The OP/ED animations were pretty much incomplete... But the songs are awesome as usual. xP
Jan 9, 2010 2:03 AM
May 2009
kimatg said:
asdf1248 said:
The OP and ED are awesome as usual

Yeah, that's what I meant. Although...I thought the OP animation had some good parts.

In other news, gg Nutbladder subs are out.
Jan 9, 2010 2:49 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Haha, glamorous. Miya-chan is so awesome.

It's great to have Hidamari Sketch back, I just love this series.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jan 9, 2010 2:56 AM

Feb 2008
Hooray... more Hidamari! <3

Can't wait to see more. Especiall from the new girls.
Also looking forward to the real ED animation. I guess what we got this time was a solitary case.
Jan 9, 2010 3:05 AM
Jul 2018
@asdf1248
wow I didn't know that, gg is surely on their way to world dominatino O_O

@kevinayP
when I saw THAT picture, my first impression was x365 had the best drawing :) - although I didn't see much of a difference when watching the episode, it has not changed as much as from S1 to S2.
Jan 9, 2010 6:36 AM

Sep 2008
IN TERNET

I hope Nazuna turns out to be a great character, I'm already leaning towards her as my favorite now...must be the hair... and clothes.

Anyways, it's great to see Hidamari again, and as cute as ever also. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 9, 2010 6:41 AM

Sep 2008
A totally kickass first episode. And a friggin' sexy pic of Sae in the very end. <3
Jan 9, 2010 8:23 AM

Jan 2008
S
seishi-sama said:
A totally kickass first episode. And a friggin' sexy pic of Sae in the very end. <3

She should be writting instead of dreaming of Hi-chan. Ha! That flash screen was so quick, I had to frame-by-frame to catch it. Worth the effort.

Can I hit "Loved It" twice?

stolen from that twitter blog
  V二二二二二二二二二二二二二V
 V二二二二二二二二二二二二二二V
┗┳┳━━━┳━━━┳━━━┳┛
  ┃┃┏┳┓┃┏┳┓┃┏┳┓┃
  ┠╂╂╂╂╂╂╂╂╂╂╂╂┨
  ┣╋┻┻┻╋┻┻┻╋┻┻┻┫
  ┠┨┏┳┓┃┏┳┓┃┏┳┓┃
  ┠┨┠╂┨┃┠╂┨┃┠╂┨┃
  ┻┻┻┻┻┻┻┻┻┻┻┻┻┻
datsunvicJan 9, 2010 8:30 AM
Jan 9, 2010 10:59 AM
Feb 2009
Must...Find...Subs. I've been holding out for this long on raws but my willpower is waning!
Jan 9, 2010 11:50 AM

Sep 2008
Eh, the English subs were released yesterday.
Jan 9, 2010 11:59 AM

Sep 2007
Yup, Nutbladder released the english subs yesterday.
Jan 9, 2010 12:04 PM

Sep 2007
HoaRy said:
when I saw THAT picture, my first impression was x365 had the best drawing :) - although I didn't see much of a difference when watching the episode, it has not changed as much as from S1 to S2.

Me too! But I liked the first season coloring style more. The second season drawing was really good but I liked the first season drawing overall. =D
And yeah, didn't notice much of a difference when I watched it either. xD
Jan 9, 2010 1:38 PM

Mar 2008
Great episode ! I really liked Yuno studying then ripping her perfect test ^^

The new girls are nice, especially Nazuna :)
Jan 9, 2010 2:49 PM
Dec 2008
For those who don't know, nutbladder is spoonsubs without spoon himself. It's still about 75% spoonsubs, who subbed the first 2 seasons.

And I really hope that the background music that comes in at ~18:26 when Nazuna arrives is included on the OST (when it comes out) because it's wonderful :)
lost_edenJan 9, 2010 3:35 PM
Jan 9, 2010 3:29 PM
Apr 2008
When I watched this episode, I couldn't help but have a smile on my face. Its good to see one of my favorites back for another season. I'm so excited for the new tenants to take a role in this season. :]
Jan 9, 2010 4:54 PM

Oct 2006
lost_eden said:
And I really hope that the background music that comes in at ~18:26 when Nazuna arrives is included on the OST (when it comes out) because it's wonderful :)

I noticed that too. Really nice.
Jan 9, 2010 5:42 PM

Jul 2009
sniff~
i almost cried in joy throughout the episode~
the relaxing mood, the priceless comedy, the cuteness remain unchanged from season 1 and 2~

Though I was slightly disappointed with the OP and ED. I thought they would be fantastic as the ones before: the OPs very well represented the crazy, outgoing and fun side of the anime, whereas the EDs showed hint of mystery that is another part of Hidamari Sketch~ at least it isn't the proper ED and the next ED would meet my expectation~

anyhoo, it's finally out~ gotta love the "IT"~ fufufu
x ll _ ll x

Jan 9, 2010 5:45 PM

Jul 2009
i only noticed just now!!
who is the one on the last group picture on the far left hand side that is taking the shirt off???? the landlady????

Jan 9, 2010 6:15 PM
Feb 2009
I really liked how it felt like the old eps, but tbh, Nozuna's voice is bugging me, it sounds way too high like she's struggling to make it, idk.
Jan 9, 2010 6:24 PM

Dec 2007
Hmm I can't say I'm fond of what the 2 new characters might bring to an already successful quartet. I'm worried it will spoil the great chemistry the original 4 have, especially since the IT girl appears to be a little like Miyako.
Jan 9, 2010 11:15 PM

Sep 2007
Just watched the sub and I realized I missed some parts due to my stream crashing back when it aired... T_T
Like Miyako's IT = In Ternet. xDDD

lost_eden said:

Ah! Didn't notice that... I thought it was an old soundtrack... But it is nice. =)
By the way, am I the only one here who prefers Nori more than Nazuna? xD;
Jan 9, 2010 11:20 PM

Apr 2008
Great episode! I am so glad this is back. I'm hoping that Sae and Hiro get some love going this time! I mean they have kind of streched that out to the point where it really needs to be developed and bloom.

I really think it might happen to with the way Sae answered Hiro about the whole first impression thing (Sugar and Spice...lol) they have hinted around it for long enough give us the GOLD darn it!
Jan 10, 2010 12:31 AM

Jan 2009
IT = In Ternet

XD

The new freshmen are freaking cute.
Jan 10, 2010 1:56 AM
Jul 2018
randomness2376 said:
i only noticed just now!!
who is the one on the last group picture on the far left hand side that is taking the shirt off???? the landlady????

Where do you mean? The last group pic before the ED didn't have anyone there O_O

HalberdierRetsel said:
especially since the IT girl appears to be a little like Miyako.

Yes, Nori and Nazuna are kind of clones of Miyako and Yuno.

kevinayP said:
By the way, am I the only one here who prefers Nori more than Nazuna? xD;

Well, liking Nori is based on sympathy ;D and liking Nazuna is because she's extremely cute and adorable :>. It's natural that moe wins xD
Jan 10, 2010 5:19 AM
Dec 2008
kevinayP said:
lost_eden said:

Ah! Didn't notice that... I thought it was an old soundtrack... But it is nice.

I can't find it in the original soundtrack or the x365 soundtrack, so here's to hoping there is a new soundtrack with it in before too long!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hidamari Sketch x ☆☆☆ Episode 12 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 25, 2010

26 by Ashhk »»
Feb 19, 2023 4:57 PM

Poll: » Hidamari Sketch x ☆☆☆ Episode 11 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 18, 2010

17 by Ashhk »»
Feb 19, 2023 4:08 PM

Poll: » Hidamari Sketch x ☆☆☆ Episode 10 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 11, 2010

27 by Ashhk »»
Feb 19, 2023 4:19 AM

Poll: » Hidamari Sketch x ☆☆☆ Episode 9 Discussion

removed-user - Mar 4, 2010

26 by Ashhk »»
Feb 19, 2023 3:51 AM

Poll: » Hidamari Sketch x ☆☆☆ Episode 8 Discussion

removed-user - Feb 25, 2010

23 by Ashhk »»
Feb 18, 2023 5:05 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.