Forum Settings
Forums

What do you think is a good way to transition between arcs?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 20, 2016 10:40 AM

Apr 2016
Some people mentioned Magi as an example for a good transition and I would have to agree. They skip and explain the important parts of the time that was skipped while maintaining the narrative of the current time.

People seem in favor of gradual transitions on this thread, but that's how we get fillers. Fillers distract the audience from what recently happened and then the characters move onto the next arc like little to nothing happened.

A good time skip or a mini arc that somehow connects the bigger arcs seem like a good way to transition to me. Random filler just spoils the momentum. I'd rather have them going from one arc to another like nothing happened than have some random filler.
bikers123Apr 20, 2016 10:44 AM
Something witty that makes you think I'm funny

Defeating a sandwich only makes it tastier
Apr 21, 2016 2:32 AM

May 2015
bikers123 said:
Some people mentioned Magi as an example for a good transition and I would have to agree. They skip and explain the important parts of the time that was skipped while maintaining the narrative of the current time.

People seem in favor of gradual transitions on this thread, but that's how we get fillers. Fillers distract the audience from what recently happened and then the characters move onto the next arc like little to nothing happened.

A good time skip or a mini arc that somehow connects the bigger arcs seem like a good way to transition to me. Random filler just spoils the momentum. I'd rather have them going from one arc to another like nothing happened than have some random filler.

These people seem to think that if they didn't see it, then it couldn't possibly happen. It's as if fiction is history and you must have all the tiny details, include what people ate.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Apr 21, 2016 5:59 AM
Nov 2015
The best way to transition between arcs is to make things move around the MCs and make them passives so they'll get involved in the great game. Revealing half of some secrets or big moves from the antagonists or others parties during the arc so when it's complete you can transition by only revealing the seconed half.
Apr 21, 2016 6:03 AM
Mar 2013
I like short SOL breaks that maintain some kind of link from the previous arc that connects it to the next arc. Naruto is good for this.

Or Magi which I think transitions very smoothly between arcs and doesn't disrupt continuity
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Which of your favorite anime actually has the most interesting story?

WatchTillTandava - 3 hours ago

6 by Ratris_Decision »»
3 minutes ago

» why is myanimelist aka mal not popular in china?

deg - Yesterday

24 by ewhfweihvie »»
4 minutes ago

» Hidden Gems of Spring 2024

ForgotEyeWasHere - May 11

29 by logopolis »»
17 minutes ago

Poll: » should characters be smart or mature for you to enjoy them?

deg - Yesterday

25 by deg »»
25 minutes ago

Poll: » are mal reviews full of destructive criticism or constructive criticism?

deg - May 3

23 by alshu »»
35 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.