Forum Settings
Forums
New
Mar 9, 2016 2:44 PM

May 2013
Though this question is as relevant as ever, I ask this after seeing the xenophobic blockbuster bust that is London has fallen starring Gerald Butler, aka worst accent actor ever.

The 'bad guys' in the movie are all muslims- and in many movies this is the case as well. Media constantly portrays them as terrible people, which leads to actual people thinking this. I mean, it's rare that people in a movie theater would actually cheer for a bunch of people dying, but people seem to love it when muslims die- who seem to be the majority root of all villains in a majority of action movies. (or a lot of movies anyway)

Not that it affects me, I'm just wondering if you don't like muslims or you hate them? & would you think western media has had a hand in your own opinion?
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 9, 2016 3:02 PM

Jan 2009
i just hate jihadists and martyrs on the muslim world since they can be terrorists

not all muslims are bad since there is this liberal muslim movements that is increasing in numbers and want to reform islam to become aligned with the modern world
Mar 9, 2016 3:05 PM

Feb 2016
j0x said:
i just hate jihadists and martyrs on the muslim world since they can be terrorists

not all muslims are bad since there is this liberal muslim movements that is increasing in numbers and want to reform islam to become aligned with the modern world
yeah " the beautiful modern world " as long as it modern its aaaalllll goood
"This is my father's crime against me, which I myself committed against none" Al-ma'arri
Mar 9, 2016 3:06 PM

Apr 2015
Trust arouses when a lad feels trustworthy enough. Religion doesn't matter.
Mar 9, 2016 3:06 PM
Feb 2016
I don't dislike them but I do distrust them.
Mar 9, 2016 3:11 PM

Apr 2014
No, but recently I've noticed how Islam has failed, and so are most people now after the refugee crisis. I used to just listen to what "racist" groups in my country and ignore what they'd say, but now when we're seeing governments arrest natives for their protests and criticism of Islam, and when we're seeing imams in our own country's giving death threats to Muslims and everyone else for criticism and apostasy I've accepted that these are only Islamic issues. It's not multicultrualism that's failed, it's only Islam.

I distrust western governments and police before Muslims. When it comes to Muslims who say they're against Islamism I just think they need to be way more angry and scared about it, and actually see how many would try and kill them or attack them for even voicing attempting to modernise Islam. Forget the refugee crisis and terrorism, you have leaders in Islamic countries calling for te death of westerners who criticise Islam, let alone Islamists in the west.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Mar 9, 2016 3:34 PM

Jul 2014
They are many kinds of Muslims, so it's kind of answer the question. As an atheist, I see the different monotheist religions as the same meal, with different seasoning. A commendable idea on paper, a way to abuse people in practice. Those religions need reforms badly, but if you asked me which one needs it most, I would answer Islam.
But on the meantime, as long as one's belief doesn't interfere with my freedom, believe whatever you want, that's your business. But religions suck at this, Islam first.

So, I wouldn't distrust a Muslim because of his religion, but I would if he starts preaching against freedom.
Mar 9, 2016 3:54 PM

Jan 2015
I hate Islam, not individual Muslims. I do distrust them though, but I distrust all strangers. It's only natural that I would be more wary around a stranger belonging to a generally more dangerous ideology than a stranger belonging to an ethnicity or ideology that has less negative stereotypes.
Mar 9, 2016 4:15 PM
Jul 2018
I hate the terrorists who identify with it, not the religion or the people following the teachings of it itself. Of course I do not like everything they stand for, and their rather strict ideas of modesty, their dietary laws (no bacon, no fun), etc. But at the same time, I have had good Muslim friends in the past and my aunt's husband is Muslim and one of the nicest people (dude wouldn't hurt a fly) I've met. While there are definitely bad seeds and aspects to the religion i won't pan it for existing, nor do I hate all the people who identify with it. In general, as a highly nonreligious person I am no fan of religion though.
Mar 9, 2016 4:17 PM

Jan 2014
Nope. One must be able to separate people's ideas (which they may or may not even closely adhere to) from the people themselves.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 9, 2016 4:18 PM

Jul 2015
only radical ones who commit acts of violence and terrorism.
Mar 9, 2016 4:24 PM
Jul 2018
A person's religion doesn't determine whether I like or dislike them. They are part of the human family, regardless of their beliefs. There are some things I dislike about people who are Muslims, but the same can be said for people who are not Muslims
Mar 9, 2016 4:26 PM

Mar 2008
Dont be ridiculous. Movies dont use only Muslims They use things relevant to current events or events relevant to the themes or time period presented. They still use German and Russian villains but that doesnt mean people hate germans or russians. They use Italian mobsters but that doest men people hate Italians. They also use the US's own government as a villain in movies. Anything foreign is considred more threatening feeling to people because its less familiar. Films play into this common pssychological aspect people exhibit.

I feel nothing about Muslims as a whole, it depends on the individual or specific types of Muslims. I certainly am disgusted by extremist muslims and they make up a large percentage of Muslims. Please note that to be an extremist one does not have to be a terrorist, only having extreme beliefs.

Disliking Islamic terrorism or disliking Islam is not the same as disliking Muslims as a whole.
Mar 9, 2016 4:30 PM

Apr 2009
No not at all. I can separate the extremists from the normal people
Mar 9, 2016 4:31 PM
Dec 2015
khunter said:
Though this question is as relevant as ever, I ask this after seeing the xenophobic blockbuster bust that is London has fallen starring Gerald Butler, aka worst accent actor ever.

The 'bad guys' in the movie are all muslims- and in many movies this is the case as well. Media constantly portrays them as terrible people, which leads to actual people thinking this. I mean, it's rare that people in a movie theater would actually cheer for a bunch of people dying, but people seem to love it when muslims die- who seem to be the majority root of all villains in a majority of action movies. (or a lot of movies anyway)

Not that it affects me, I'm just wondering if you don't like muslims or you hate them? & would you think western media has had a hand in your own opinion?

I don't trust anyone ever.

So it's not personal
Mar 9, 2016 4:32 PM
Feb 2014
Like many have said, I hate the belief system and most of all, I detest Sharia Law. However, I have a ton of respect for many Muslims living here in America. Many are doing everything it takes to integrate by working decent enough jobs and raising their families, they also tend to be very educated and know a lot more about the world than many other people I've talked to. Maybe it's simply because we're not accepting too many refugees and they're not overpopulating the lands here, I guess if anything, I dislike the ones who live and die in their tribes rather than be individuals, and those who push Sharia Law to overtake other countries should go back to where they came from instead of where they've migrated to.
Mar 9, 2016 4:33 PM

Dec 2012
At this point I don't even find western people's interpretation about Muslims and Islam offensive and something to be angry about, just amusing and sometimes sigh worthy.

The question is obviously not directed at me, but I think you are not completely right on the whole media portray thing when it comes to movies and TV shows specifically, the rest of the western media regarding Islam is just pure garbage though which is the real problem.
Mar 9, 2016 4:34 PM

Apr 2009
To be honest, I distrust white people more than I distrust Muslims. I don't really know or have any sort of meaningful interactions with Muslims. But I have interactions with white people. And they're all terrible. At least the white oriole I went to grade school with are still pretty cool
Mar 9, 2016 4:35 PM
Dec 2015
-DeepThroat- said:
To be honest, I distrust white people more than I distrust Muslims. I don't really know or have any sort of meaningful interactions with Muslims. But I have interactions with white people. And they're all terrible. At least the white oriole I went to grade school with are still pretty cool

But you live in a place full of white people.

If they are all terrible move out?
Mar 9, 2016 4:36 PM

Jan 2012
Islam is retarded.
Muslims are just people, not the smartest ones, considering they believe in Islam, but people nonetheless.
I do not generally distrust people, so i don't distrust Muslims just because they are Muslims.
I do dislike them though, maybe even a bit more than i dislike christians, jehovas witnesses, Hindus and vegetarians, since Islam is more retarded than all of them combined.
"Es irrt der Mensch, solang er strebt." - Faust I, Vers 317
Mar 9, 2016 4:37 PM

Apr 2009
kenjigreato said:
-DeepThroat- said:

But you live in a place full of white people.

If they are all terrible move out?
Actually no I don't. The area I live in is all Latinos and black people. So I'm good
Mar 9, 2016 4:38 PM

Jan 2012
-DeepThroat- said:

I am not Kant but i sense some serious Daddy-issues right here.
Mar 9, 2016 4:43 PM

Apr 2009
Aeonenleben said:
-DeepThroat- said:

idk where you got daddy issues from anything i posted but ok lol do you.
i never even said i hated white people i just said i dont trust alot of yall
Mar 9, 2016 4:47 PM

Jan 2012
-DeepThroat- said:
Aeonenleben said:

idk where you got daddy issues from anything i posted but ok lol do you.
i never even said i hated white people i just said i dont trust alot of yall

I did not mean to attack you. It was just an casual observation.

I wouldn't trust unfamiliar people in generel though, no matter their skin colour.
Mar 9, 2016 4:49 PM

Apr 2014
A lot of people need a reality check.

If you go to Saudi Arabia or Qatar and start preaching the gospel to Muslims, you would probably distrust them and end up in jail for trying to convert a Muslim. That would be the majority you distrust due to Muslims growing up thinking fascism is a normal way of life (Jews and Christians are lesser than Muslims.) In Pakistan someone's on death row at the moment for an apparent criticism of Muhammad. Her family are in hiding because most of the country want her dead, an if she is released even local imams say they'll make her pay for what they think she did. It's hard to have faith that they'll show mercy.

In European countries themselves we've had documentaries revealed of Islamic faith schools beating children and indoctrinating them to take not friends of non Muslims. We've got "respectable" Islamic scholars and people with influence who can't answer whether apostasy should be punishable by death. So I'm not shocked when large portions of Muslim community's also agree that you shouldn't have freedom to criticise and should be punished. If moderate Muslims are so knowledgable of Islam and hate that their religion has been hijacked then why do they suck at debating it?
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
Mar 9, 2016 4:58 PM

Jun 2014
Muslims usually keep to themselves and are well educated, there's not much reason to distrust them as acquaintances. At least in a non-islamic society like most of ours.
Mar 9, 2016 5:02 PM

Nov 2011
I watched the movie, don't see those guys as muslim at all beside looking like one. Not to mention the act of terrorism has nothing to do with the religion at all. You blew up a weapon dealer home with a drone killing everyone including his family and he survived and take a very planned revenge on you.
Kaiser-chanMar 9, 2016 5:06 PM

Mar 9, 2016 5:04 PM

Apr 2009
its funny because im from boston so you'd think i'd distrust them seeing as how they bombed the marathon

Jan 2012
moodie said:
oh ur those edgy kids lol cant wait till u grow up and realize how childish u were

I wish you would use your bending of grammar rules a bit less and interpunction a bit more...

kenjigreato said:

People trying to be completely serious on an anime listing site sub-forum titled casual discussion. LOL.

It's more a mixture of dry humor and sarcasm.
But you did well delivering exactly the level of off-topic uselessnes i expect from someone that has Aesthetica in his favorites.

Jul 2015
in general no. i feel sorry for those people getting sucked into Trump's rhetoric and how they get their feelings about muslims manipulated.
Mar 9, 2016 5:07 PM

Dec 2015
Hell no.
My local shop is run by a Muslim and he's awesome. He often hands out free newspapers, loaves of bread and whatever else is about to go out of date
Mar 9, 2016 5:07 PM

Jun 2014
-DeepThroat- said:
its funny because im from boston so you'd think i'd distrust them seeing as how they bombed the marathon

those dudes were white muslims so it's all good
Mar 9, 2016 5:12 PM
Dec 2015
Aeonenleben said:
moodie said:
oh ur those edgy kids lol cant wait till u grow up and realize how childish u were

I wish you would use your bending of grammar rules a bit less and interpunction a bit more...

kenjigreato said:

People trying to be completely serious on an anime listing site sub-forum titled casual discussion. LOL.

It's more a mixture of dry humor and sarcasm.
But you did well delivering exactly the level of off-topic uselessnes i expect from someone that has Aesthetica in his favorites.

Dealing with a pseudo-intellectual again.

Someone who thinks that their anime taste is superior and that taste in anime has relevance to a discussion about Muslims and then talking about off-topic.

You are trying to be very edgy for someone that claims they are above that. SERIOUS BUSINESS
Mar 9, 2016 5:21 PM

Jan 2012
kenjigreato said:

Someone who thinks that their anime taste is superior and that taste in anime has relevance to a discussion about Muslims and then talking about off-topic.

You are trying to be very edgy for someone that claims they are above that. SERIOUS BUSINESS

Still more on-topic than your post that was nothing more than a lame and bitchy one-liner.

Sorry, even your average anime viewer that just likes One-Piece, Dragonball Z and Pokemon has a superior taste to you. It's not about me being at the top as it is about you being at the absolute bottom.

I am not edgy. You just see me as edgy. Kinda like offense is always taken, never given.

To stay on topic:
I trust Muslims more than people with Aesthetica, Highschool DxD or Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai in their favorites.
Mar 9, 2016 5:24 PM

Jan 2015
counter terrorist.. win.........

la critique de l'intention pure
Mar 9, 2016 5:24 PM
Dec 2015
Aeonenleben said:
kenjigreato said:

Still more on-topic than your post that was nothing more than a lame and bitchy one-liner.

Sorry, even your average anime viewer that just likes One-Piece, Dragonball Z and Pokemon has a superior taste to you. It's not about me being at the top as it is about you being at the absolute bottom.

I am not edgy. You just see me as edgy. Kinda like offense is always taken, never given.

To stay on topic:
I trust Muslims more than people with Aesthetica, Highschool DxD or Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai in their favorites.

Insulting someone's taste in anime as an argument is the 4chan way of doing things.

You stoop to that level of argument then think you are the better man.

Classic Edgelord.
Mar 9, 2016 6:12 PM

Feb 2015
no, i grew up in the post 9/11 U.S but no i dont hate Muslims, i dont have a problem with them whatsoever. my family (especially my extended family) not the most excepting of other religions ( because america was founded as a christian nation, god damn it!) , if i brought a Muslim girl home to meet my family theirs a good chance my grandparents would never speak to me again.
Mar 9, 2016 6:16 PM
Jul 2018
As if I will distrust myself.
Aeonenleben said:
kenjigreato said:

To stay on topic:
>Join date: December 2015
I still consider him someone's alts.
Mar 9, 2016 8:15 PM

Jan 2016
That's like asking if someone distrusts Christians. Generally, I don't care about their religion but if they're assholes I'll dislike them. I've met more Christians and Catholics I distrust compared to Muslims.
<Marisol>
Mar 9, 2016 8:29 PM

Aug 2013
No

The sufi mystic tradition within Islam is something I love quite a great deal
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
Mar 9, 2016 8:31 PM
Sep 2014
I've never met one or had an opinion on one for that matter
Mar 9, 2016 8:37 PM

Feb 2016
Well, all it takes to start a Muslim's path to radicalization is for them to read the wrong text or talk to the wrong imam about becoming more religious. The difficulty in modernizing Islam and making it more resistant to radical beliefs is in the fact that whereas Christianity has Jesus as a role model, Islam has Muhammad.

The issue with this is, there's a strong suggestion, some on the extreme end would say a commandment, to live as close to Muhammad's life as possible. Throughout Muhammad's life after becoming a prophet, he often went around in a group of warriors killing people and taking their stuff and women. You can see the problem with interpreting this in the modern day, and it's easy to see why groups like ISIS have their appeal to muslims who want to become closer to Muhammad by copying his war exploits, one of which is killing an entire Jewish tribe's men and enslaving their women and children.

Mar 9, 2016 8:53 PM

Oct 2015
I don't have any problem with what gender, sexual orientation, race, or religion someone is.
Mar 9, 2016 9:13 PM

May 2013
ModeratelyHuman said:
I hate Islam, not individual Muslims. I do distrust them though, but I distrust all strangers. It's only natural that I would be more wary around a stranger belonging to a generally more dangerous ideology than a stranger belonging to an ethnicity or ideology that has less negative stereotypes.

You'd distrust christians then many times throughout history I suppose. Would you not distrust many of them still though today? Depending on their beliefs, they can be just as stupid, spare the killings and all
Mar 9, 2016 9:14 PM

May 2013
s_enpaiternal said:
That's like asking if someone distrusts Christians. Generally, I don't care about their religion but if they're assholes I'll dislike them. I've met more Christians and Catholics I distrust compared to Muslims.

I don't think it's like asking that at all. People have a general dislike towards muslims
Mar 9, 2016 9:16 PM

May 2013
Masked_Mantis said:
A lot of people need a reality check.

If you go to Saudi Arabia or Qatar and start preaching the gospel to Muslims, you would probably distrust them and end up in jail for trying to convert a Muslim. That would be the majority you distrust due to Muslims growing up thinking fascism is a normal way of life (Jews and Christians are lesser than Muslims.) In Pakistan someone's on death row at the moment for an apparent criticism of Muhammad. Her family are in hiding because most of the country want her dead, an if she is released even local imams say they'll make her pay for what they think she did. It's hard to have faith that they'll show mercy.

In European countries themselves we've had documentaries revealed of Islamic faith schools beating children and indoctrinating them to take not friends of non Muslims. We've got "respectable" Islamic scholars and people with influence who can't answer whether apostasy should be punishable by death. So I'm not shocked when large portions of Muslim community's also agree that you shouldn't have freedom to criticise and should be punished. If moderate Muslims are so knowledgable of Islam and hate that their religion has been hijacked then why do they suck at debating it?

This would go on to just prove that the biggest threat to muslims is other muslims. It really isn't the religion's fault. People are quick to blame religion when it's history that is the real reason. As in, the circumstances that led to now
Mar 9, 2016 9:18 PM

May 2013
traed said:
Dont be ridiculous. Movies dont use only Muslims They use things relevant to current events or events relevant to the themes or time period presented. They still use German and Russian villains but that doesnt mean people hate germans or russians. They use Italian mobsters but that doest men people hate Italians. They also use the US's own government as a villain in movies. Anything foreign is considred more threatening feeling to people because its less familiar. Films play into this common pssychological aspect people exhibit.

I feel nothing about Muslims as a whole, it depends on the individual or specific types of Muslims. I certainly am disgusted by extremist muslims and they make up a large percentage of Muslims. Please note that to be an extremist one does not have to be a terrorist, only having extreme beliefs.

Disliking Islamic terrorism or disliking Islam is not the same as disliking Muslims as a whole.

Never said they only used muslims. They do use them as the bad guy quite a bit. Germans are used as the bad guy in movies when they were the bad guys. Russians and north koreans are also used. Media and entertainment clearly affects certain people's attitudes towards things, so a group of people is no different. What I said wasn't ridiculous at all.
Mar 9, 2016 9:24 PM

Jun 2013
Not enough characters, 'cause they've already been decapitated.
Mar 9, 2016 9:53 PM

Jan 2016
khunter said:
s_enpaiternal said:

I don't think it's like asking that at all. People have a general dislike towards muslims

I've always had a general dislike toward the Christians and Catholics because of all the molestation in the church scandals, but as I grew up I realized how retarded that was. I don't belong to a religion at all so I see people as people. It's easier to distrust a whole group of people rather than understanding that everyone is responsible for their own actions. I used to blame Chris/Caths for why I couldn't come out of the closet, why people were dumb blah blah blah. Same way people blame all muslims for terrorism, child marriage, ect. But again, people need to realize that everyone is an individual. Like in Friar Lawrence said in Romeo and Juliet, "Two such opposèd kings encamp them still, In man as well as herbs—grace and rude will." So basically there's bad people no matter where they fall in the religious spectrum. But then again there's pretty rad people too.
<Marisol>
Mar 9, 2016 9:59 PM

May 2013
s_enpaiternal said:
khunter said:

I've always had a general dislike toward the Christians and Catholics because of all the molestation in the church scandals, but as I grew up I realized how retarded that was. I don't belong to a religion at all so I see people as people. It's easier to distrust a whole group of people rather than understanding that everyone is responsible for their own actions. I used to blame Chris/Caths for why I couldn't come out of the closet, why people were dumb blah blah blah. Same way people blame all muslims for terrorism, child marriage, ect. But again, people need to realize that everyone is an individual. Like in Friar Lawrence said in Romeo and Juliet, "Two such opposèd kings encamp them still, In man as well as herbs—grace and rude will." So basically there's bad people no matter where they fall in the religious spectrum. But then again there's pretty rad people too.

Christians and catholics might have had something to do with why you couldn't come out lol they are really strict and shame people for it
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (7) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Femboy?

9765 - 9 hours ago

24 by MalchikRepaid »»
52 minutes ago

» Lonely Teens Are Making "Friends" With AIs

deg - May 11

37 by Daviljoe193 »»
1 hour ago

» fav dish from your culture or country?

BEEKAT - Jun 18, 2021

22 by MalchikRepaid »»
1 hour ago

» Checking the date

AcbSnakeDemon - Yesterday

7 by Rhae »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » individualism like in usa or collectivism like in japan

deg - May 10

38 by vasipi4946 »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.