Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (92) « First ... « 71 72 [73] 74 75 » ... Last »
Aug 24, 2020 1:41 AM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
@patrisiusbima I see! Yeah I know those, at some point I wanted to get into game engines as well, but my lack of creativity/ ideas said no :) But still, it was a nice experience ^^ Enjoy your time here~
Don't know how to answer my post? Just click
on "Quick Reply" and mention me with @Karasian

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Aug 24, 2020 2:20 AM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
PuellaaMagii said:
Well, my first anime was Charlotte, my second was angel beats. I'm a big fan of the emotional drama kind of anime, so there's no surprise that my favourite anime is Clannad.
[...]

Glad to have you here Kazumi!
That's such a cute name as well x.x

Starting with some hard hitters huh x) Seeing what you like, I'd recommend watching the adventure of our cute Somali, not only is she voiced by the master of cute voices that is Inori Minase, but the animation and music is awesome as well. It aired this year and I managed to catch it, didn't expect much but got surprised and wouldn't have started at all if it wasn't for the voice :D

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Aug 24, 2020 5:15 PM

May 2020
Heyo. My name is Hnf. I joined mal because i was simply just bored. I think my first few anime were Takagi-san, Oreshura, and Re: Zero. My favorite anime is Takagi-san because to me, it was a very enjoyable show. My prefered genres are slice of life and romcoms. Thx for reading this message and have a nice day.
hnf10032Aug 24, 2020 6:09 PM
Aug 24, 2020 6:38 PM

Jul 2019
hnf01 said:
Heyo. My name is Hnf. I joined mal because i was simply just bored. I think my first few anime were Takagi-san, Oreshura, and Re: Zero. My favorite anime is Takagi-san because to me, it was a very enjoyable show. My prefered genres are slice of life and romcoms. Thx for reading this message and have a nice day.

Yahhhooo, Hnf!
What a very nice anime to start on. Takagi is one of the most chillest anime I've ever watch. Really enjoyed it! Also it's good to have another peeps having the same genre preferences. I really like some good romcoms and even better if it hasa fluffs in it!
Welp I hope you're doing okay and have a nice day!
Aug 24, 2020 6:41 PM

May 2020
thanks @_XUwUX_. I also hope you're doing well.
Aug 24, 2020 10:30 PM
May 2020
Um hey guys, I am Pierrepipi and I am from Hong Kong. I start watching anime literally like at March 2020, so I am still new to this whole anime thing, hope I can get some anime recommendations from all you guys!
P.S.. The first anime I ever watch is Seven Deadly Sins
Aug 24, 2020 10:55 PM
May 2020
healerblue said:
-uwuraraka said:
thank you for the recommendation! ive used to watch anime from studio ghibli, naruto, detective conan, dragon ball and all that but was never fully invested into it i just actually started getting more interested during quarantine when i started reading manga and manhwa. my first was my hero academia! oh and also i dont receive any friend request from you so imma just request you :D

Oh, I don't know why, maybe I didn't send it. I'm sorry, although I did accept your friend request :D. I can recommend you anime from other genres if you are interested? What's your favorite manga and manhwa? I just finished watching My hero academia movie 2 and I loved it.

yes that would totally awesome! i would love to watch more anime that is action kind of genre? not sure what genre but maybe something like attack on titan or my hero academia. ive been trying to find something like that but mostly it doesnt suit my taste so i have to stop watching
Aug 24, 2020 11:45 PM

Jul 2019
Pierrepipi said:
Um hey guys, I am Pierrepipi and I am from Hong Kong. I start watching anime literally like at March 2020, so I am still new to this whole anime thing, hope I can get some anime recommendations from all you guys!
P.S.. The first anime I ever watch is Seven Deadly Sins

Yahhhoo, Pierrepipi!
Welp it's my first time to see a hong kong lad lurking here. So you're looking for recommendations? If you want some action animes, Watch Black Clover! It's really good! I can assure you that you'll get hooked up on it. Might as well try One Piece. One Piece might take a long time to catch up but it's still good!
Anyways, have a nice day lad!
Aug 25, 2020 12:23 AM
Aug 2020
[quote=Karasian message=60522174]
gegann said:
hey so uh i’m socially awkward.. but my name is georgia (or just g) and i’m from australia.
[...]

Heyo Georgia!
I already suggested you a show, if you ever want more recommendations just leave a little club comment or post in the General Chat! YLIA was one of my earlier anime and I didn't really know it was sad, I only became aware of it because of the animation when playing music (which is one of the best I've seen yet) but it's definitely a nice introduction to the diverse world that is anime ;)
You really shouldn't be doubting yourself or wonder why you are the way you are, as long as you enjoy it and nobody gets hurt don't give a shit ^^

I'd be curious about your drawings - perhaps, do you have something uploaded?

yeah sure! i'd love to show a few of my drawings. only thing is, i don't really know how to upload them haha. also i'm planning on starting blue spring ride tonight (it looks really good), just gotta finish promised neverland first. thanks again for the recommendation! :)
Aug 25, 2020 2:30 AM
Apr 2020
Hi!! I'm Elena and I am from Greece. I've watched some episodes of anime during my childhood (mostly Pokémon) and I also really like studio ghibli movies. I started watching anime more seriously about a year ago with BNHA and FMAB. I joined Mal mainly to keep track of what I 've watched but I see it's such a nice community with great and informative forums and articles!
Aug 25, 2020 2:50 AM

Oct 2019
Elena8 said:
Hi!! I'm Elena and I am from Greece. I've watched some episodes of anime during my childhood (mostly Pokémon) and I also really like studio ghibli movies. I started watching anime more seriously about a year ago with BNHA and FMAB. I joined Mal mainly to keep track of what I 've watched but I see it's such a nice community with great and informative forums and articles!

Hey Elena, welcome to the club and nice to meet you.
You started anime with BNHA and FMAB? What did you think about them and did they impact on your opinion about anime? I heard people say that FMAB is the best anime of all time so I'm curious about your opinion on that. I still haven't seen it but I'm planning on watching it soon. As for BNHA, I recently finished watching 2nd movie and I loved it. I checked your anime list and I noticed that you haven't watched it. Once you get an opportunity to watch it I recommend giving it a try. It's better than the first movie in my opinion but I still love both movies.
I know that you mentioned that you watched some episodes Pokémon and Studio Ghibli movies. I consider the first anime to be one which motivated you to watch other anime if that makes sense. In my case, it was Clockwork planet. I went out of my way to find where to watch it online and after I finished it I was curious to watch other anime and to discover new stories and worlds in other anime. I started watching anime in 2017 but after some time I also joined MAL so I can keep track of the anime that I've watched and ones that I plan to watch.
I also sent you a friend request in case you want to chat more or if you want me to recommend you an anime to watch.
Aug 25, 2020 3:44 AM
Apr 2020
Thank you so much! I've already accepted and I'd of course be glad to have a chat sometime. FAMB is really one of the best and it's the whole package. Action,drama, comedy, fantasy... I would totally recommend it. I don't think anyone can dislike it, but still it depends on your personal taste. BNHA was the one that did it for me. After starting it I wanted to see more and I began searching for the next one. I wanted to watch the ones that are considered the best so that I could have a starting point. I'll check out Clockwork planet that you mentioned. Right now I'm watching some long runners 😁 (Gintama and HxH).
Aug 25, 2020 5:30 AM

Oct 2019
Elena8 said:
[...]
FAMB is really one of the best and it's the whole package. Action,drama, comedy, fantasy... I would totally recommend it. I don't think anyone can dislike it, but still it depends on your personal taste. BNHA was the one that did it for me. After starting it I wanted to see more and I began searching for the next one. I wanted to watch the ones that are considered the best so that I could have a starting point. I'll check out Clockwork planet that you mentioned. Right now I'm watching some long runners 😁 (Gintama and HxH).

Oh nice. I'm usually a fan of shorter series because then I'm able to watch more anime and thus explore more worlds and stories. I do watch longer series from time to time like Jojo, Monogatari or most recently, Toaru series, which if you are interested in, I can send you a watch order (for both Monogatari or Toaru series). Jojo has numbers for the parts and it's pretty easy to figure out the order.

Clockwork planet was alright series, not the best but I liked it. I was also thinking about watching FMAB as my first anime but I didn't want to see the best anime right at the beginning because everything else would be worse afterwards if that makes sense. This way I was able to find what I like and what I don't like and thus I found my taste in anime.
Aug 25, 2020 5:58 AM
Apr 2020
healerblue said:

Oh nice. I'm usually a fan of shorter series because then I'm able to watch more anime and thus explore more worlds and stories.

Yeah, me too. It's hard committing to watching that many episodes. It's just that these were keep coming up at articles about good anime series that I just had to watch theme. It's true, however that it takes a lot of time to finish them so I think I'll go back to shorter ones once I'm done.
I get what you say about saving the best for a later time although in my opinion it won't spoil your fun. There are so many great anime series to see.
Aug 25, 2020 7:08 AM

May 2020
Hello Everyone :DDD

My name is Mylo and I'm from the UK.

I've been watching anime since this March and I'm so happy I made the decision to watch it. I started my own MAL account because I wanted to find more shows to watch.

The first anime I watched was Attack On Titan and is right now my favourite anime. I've recently started collecting some manga, my favourite would probably be JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

I hope I can make some new friends here :)

Arrivederci
Aug 25, 2020 5:02 PM

May 2020
Itsjustmylo said:
Hello Everyone :DDD

My name is Mylo and I'm from the UK.

I've been watching anime since this March and I'm so happy I made the decision to watch it.
[...]

Yahallo Mylo!!
You started watching anime in march? I started around late 2018 but only got "serious" this year beacuse of quarentine.
It's really nice that you're happy to have started watching anime! It's been my favorite hobby/free time activity for quite some time now.
If you want more animes to watch just feel free to ask me for some more recommendations. For now, I'm going to initially recommend you: Seishun Buta Yarou wa Bunny Girl Senpai no Yume wo Minai, Fate/Zero, Mob Psycho 100 and Koe no Katachi.
My first anime was Sword Art Online, and my first manga was Grand Blue. I'd also recommend you read Grand Blue, it's one of the funniest things I've read in my life.
Welcome to the club!!!
Aug 25, 2020 6:34 PM

May 2020
Hello Darlings, I'm Freddie Uranus! My name comes from my affinity for the king of Queen--Freddie Mercury (please look him up) and my love for cheeky puns. I'm a 24 year old graduate student in the United States. Although I fell in love with anime at the age of 12 (Fruits Basket took my anime virginity, but Ouran was my first true love), I've only recently fallen back in love with the medium. I'm very bad with technology so I'm hoping that this club will teach me more about the format of MAL. See you space cowboy!
Aug 26, 2020 8:52 AM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
FreddieUranus said:
Hello Darlings, I'm Freddie Uranus! My name comes from my affinity for the king of Queen--Freddie Mercury (please look him up) and my love for cheeky puns.
[...]

Glad to have you here Freddie!
Freddie Mercury, might have heard that name.... jk x)
As Fruits Basket was your first anime, you might wanna try the new-ish 2019 adaption of it! Though I'd be curious, was it anything specific that brought you back to anime?
And don't worry about being bad with technology, you are definitely not alone with it and I'd be happy to help you at any time ^^

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Aug 27, 2020 4:40 AM
Aug 2020
Hi, I'm Jackson and I am from Wales which is within the United Kingdom.

Originally, I was trying to find ways to meet other people that love anime but being from a country or area that isn't heavily influenced by anime or openly enjoys it makes it pretty difficult... So I tried looking for only platforms that could help me out and started off on Amino after being shown it by numerous YouTubers but then discovered this website via TikTok through these twins that was talking about themselves.

Anyway, the first anime I watched was 'Death Note' which I'm sure isn't surprising unless we include films such as 'Spirited Away' (which is where I got my username from) but 'Death Note is where it all started out from me because I wanted to get involved with the whole Anime spectrum but knew nothing about it, I watched the film on Netflix and noticed the anime was on there too and watched it.
Inevitably, this began my love for anime. (Death Note helped massively in my love for since I seem to love intellectuals, sociopaths or characters with any sort of anti social tendencies and/or intellectual being.
I realized this from other shows that have similar characters; Sheldon from TBBT, Sherlock from Sherlock, Joe Goldberg from YOU, Kaonashi from Spirited Away, Clay Jensen from 13RW, Berlin and Professor from Money Heist... the list goes on.)

Currently, I have two favorites: Death Note and One Punch Man and my favorite genre is psychological.
On the other hand, I do not have a genre that I do not like... as of yet.

Honestly, my list of hobbies is pretty short but the passion for each is strong enough to compensate: I love music whether it is listening to it, learning about it or making it (beginning to start making stuff), I want to become a linguist and i am currently learning Spanish and I play a lot of sports (mainly soccer/ football) but other than those I don't really do much because I am pretty introverted.

Thank you if you have read this although if you didn't then I wouldn't be surprised since I did make it a little excessive but yeah, thanks...
also, don't be shy, message me whenever... I love meeting new people!
Aug 27, 2020 8:46 AM
Aug 2020
Im kinda bored rn so imma post on here.
I won't say my name so just call me Lapnrychai.
I currently reside in Canada.
I first joined MAL after my friend told me too.
I only recently started to watch anime seriously during quarantine, however, I watched SAO in 2016 and quit after half the season.
My favourite anime is probably Kimetsu no Yaiba.
I began my anime journey on a lot of shounen, recently however, I've been getting into a lot of shoujo and romance anime.

I dont know how to end this so just picture Nae Nae Nezuko
Aug 27, 2020 9:55 AM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
Kaonashi17 said:
Hi, I'm Jackson and I am from Wales which is within the United Kingdom.
[...]

Welcome to TNC Jackson!
Oh that's an interesting way to get aware of MAL but hey here you are now, Death Note is definitely a common starter show and not without reason. Glad to see it helped you find some preferences, it the same to me as well tbh, before starting anime I liked mid-long blonde haired girls but by now it's long and black hair x)
You'll definitely find some genres that aren't your cup of tea, hope it won't be too bad of an experience.
"I don't really do much" oh come on, that's a lot! What genre of music do you want to create?
P.S.: Can't really do excessive on an introduction, always nice to read what people have to say and definitely preferred in comparison to someone introducing with just a single sentence :D

Lapnrychai said:
Im kinda bored rn so imma post on here.
[...]

Hope that helped your boredom a bit then Lapnrychai ^^
Quitting SAO mid-way, nothing rare here, this was with the beginning of the elf arc right? That really dragged it down for me as well. It's always good to explore new genre, hope you are currently enjoying what you watch!

Naenezuko still be boppin' in my head

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Aug 28, 2020 10:15 AM

May 2020
hey!

this is my first community here I joined a while ago but forgot to post here so..

- my name is bri, i'm 16 and i'm from the United States

- I joined MAL cause I wanted to be more organized

- I started watching anime in December of 2019, but ended up taking a break 'cause of school

- *technically* my first anime was Pokemon but from the start date I recorded my first anime was Akira

- my favorite anime is Tokyo Ghoul, even though the adaptation needs to be redone :(

- my favorite genres are horror, psychological, and comedy (I don't really have any genres I don't like yet)

- my hobbies include drawing, painting, and playing video games

that's all for now, I hope to make good friends here, chao! :)
angelsignalAug 31, 2020 11:07 PM
Aug 28, 2020 12:16 PM

Oct 2019
nocturnaltacos said:
hey!
[...]
- my name is bri, i'm 16 and from the United States
[...]
- *technically* my first anime was Pokemon but from the start date I recorded my first anime was Akira

- my favorite anime is Tokyo Ghoul
[...]
- my favorite genres are horror, psychological, and comedy
[...]
- my hobbies include drawing, painting, and playing video games
[...]

Hey Bri, welcome to the club and nice to meet you :)

If we're looking at it *technically*, my first anime would be either Yu-gi-oh or Pokemon then as well. The first anime that made me interested in watching anime overall was Clockwork planet. After I watched it I was interested in watching other anime and seeing their stories and worlds. Did Akira leave any impact on you or any impressions/opinions of the anime overall?
Why is the Tokyo Ghoul your favorite anime? My personal favorite is Bunny Girl Senpai because of the great original soundtrack, wonderful character designs and personalities, interesting story and beautiful art style. All of that combined made a perfect anime for me. Another thing that made it one of my favorites is that I was able to learn something from the story and character as well as being able to relate to some of the characters.

If you like horror or psychological anime, I recommend watching:
Steins;Gate
Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu
Satsuriku no Tenshi
Happy Sugar Life

I noticed that you have them on your plan to watch list so it might be worth a try. I'm personally not a big fan of Satsuriku no Tenshi because I don't like horror that much but if you like that genre then that might be for you.

As for comedy:
Gamers!
Sakamoto Desu ga
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
Kekkai Sensen
Amagi Brilliant Park

I personally love them and they made me laugh few times and of course, each one of them has their own humor. I laughed a lot while watching Sakamoto, Gamers and Baka to Test.

Which games do you like playing and do you draw and paint digitally or on paper? I'm personally playing games on PC and sometimes on consoles and I draw on paper with pen.
I also sent you a friend request in case you want me to recommend you more anime to watch.
Aug 28, 2020 12:36 PM
Aug 2020
Hi, my name is Elyssa and I'm from England. I started watching anime 2 months ago so I'm still relatively new to it. xx
Aug 28, 2020 3:02 PM

Oct 2019
NYX_WINTER_ said:
Hi, my name is Elyssa and I'm from England. I started watching anime 2 months ago so I'm still relatively new to it. xx

Hey Elyssa, nice to meet you and welcome to the club.

Nice. What was the first anime that you watched? If you want I can try to recommend you few anime series to watch, just depends which genre do you want.

What made you watch anime? I remember that I was curious about other worlds and stories in anime after watching few episodes of Yu-gi-oh Zexal, so I started watching Clockwork planet because it looked interesting. I remember that I finished it within few days and I loved it, but now I think that it's good anime (7/10). After that I watched Re:zero and few other series that I heard were really good and that looked interesting in my opinion.

If you want a quick recommendation, you can check:
Assassination Classroom
Charlotte
Demon Slayer
anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day
Angel Beats
Gamers!
Toradora
Amagi Brilliant Park

Feel free to check them out and let me know if they look or sound interesting to you. I also sent you a friend request in case you want me to recommend you more anime or chat about the ones that I mentioned.
Aug 28, 2020 5:35 PM

May 2020
Karasian said:
FreddieUranus said:
Hello Darlings, I'm Freddie Uranus! My name comes from my affinity for the king of Queen--Freddie Mercury (please look him up) and my love for cheeky puns.
[...]

Glad to have you here Freddie!
Freddie Mercury, might have heard that name.... jk x)
As Fruits Basket was your first anime, you might wanna try the new-ish 2019 adaption of it! Though I'd be curious, was it anything specific that brought you back to anime?
And don't worry about being bad with technology, you are definitely not a
lone with it and I'd be happy to help you at any time ^^

@karasian Thanks for responding! (I hope I'm doing this right.) Yes, I am planning on watching the new Fruits Basket, but right now I'm trying to compete in the Anime Olympics Challenge (if I can figure out how to turn in my results). Maybe I can find a spot to fit Fruits Baskets 2019 in there somewhere! As for why I've returned to anime, for a long time I was just too busy to do much of anything besides school and work. But a couple of years ago I got sick and was diagnosed with several neurological disorders. Right now I'm on medical leave. And because of my illnesses I can't do much of anything but watch anime and other pop culture.
Aug 28, 2020 10:16 PM
Aug 2020
Hi everyone! My name is Angeline and I'm from France, 19 years old, I joined the site because I'm interested in anime >.<' my favorite genres are psychological, romcoms, harem, incest, netorare, vampire, and any goth looking animes like Gosick. Favorite anime probably is Shiki, to me it's a masterpiece even though there's no actual main character they managed to make the story super interesting for 25 episodes! My hobbies are language learning (speak 4 fluently so far), playing chess, playing guitar, watching anime, and studying chemistry (someday I'll come up with something worse than a nuke:D)
Aug 29, 2020 3:37 AM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
@FreddieUranus Aye, all done right! Definitely take your time with watching, just slot Fruits Basket in whenever you have time and are in the mood for it! Hope you are enjoying the challenge you are participating in, I never did one before because my pace makes it impossible :D
And ohh I see, not sure if I should be happy because you have more time for anime and other things again or sad because...well, self-explanatory. Either way, best wishes!

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Aug 29, 2020 4:19 AM

Oct 2019
SupremeThroneH said:
Hi everyone! My name is Angeline and I'm from France, 19 years old, I joined the site because I'm interested in anime >.<' my favorite genres are psychological, romcoms, harem, incest, netorare, vampire, and any goth looking animes like Gosick. Favorite anime probably is Shiki
[...]
My hobbies are language learning (speak 4 fluently so far), playing chess, playing guitar
[...]

Hey Angeline, nice to meet you and welcome to the club.

You like romcoms and psychological genre as well? I can recommend you anime that's in that genre if you'd like. I haven't seen a lot of other genres but I know few shows that might be in that genre.
I haven't watched Shiki but I heard about it. What made it your favorite anime? My favorites are usually the ones that I loved watching, can relate to characters and learned something from the story. A great example would be Bunny Girl Senpai, it has great art style, music, sounds, characters and story.
Oh, which languages can you fluently speak? I'm trying to learn Japanese and I can understand some parts of it but I am still not that great at speaking them. You play chess and guitar? Nice, I also play chess from time to time. I mostly played it as a kid but nowadays I don't have much time to play it unfortunately. I tried learning piano for a while but I never got used to it so I stopped playing, although I did play guitar a bit at friend's place. Can you play any song on your guitar and how long did it took you to learn them?
If you'd like a quick recommendation:
Senryuu Shoujo
Sakura-sou no Pet na Kanojo
Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru.
Gamers!
Owari no Seraph
Bakemonogatari
5-toubun no Hanayome
Ore wo Suki nano wa Omae dake ka yo
Happy Sugar Life
Kimetsu no Yaiba

I also sent you a friend request in case you want me to recommend you more anime to watch. Also after you check out the anime that I recommended feel free to let me know if any of them look interesting to you.
Aug 29, 2020 9:14 AM

May 2020
Karasian said:
@FreddieUranus Aye, all done right! Definitely take your time with watching, just slot Fruits Basket in whenever you have time and are in the mood for it! Hope you are enjoying the challenge you are participating in, I never did one before because my pace makes it impossible :D
And ohh I see, not sure if I should be happy because you have more time for anime and other things again or sad because...well, self-explanatory. Either way, best wishes!

@karasion It's a mixed bag, but anime has certainly helped me get through a lot of bad stuff. Because of my condition, I don't get the opportunity to socialize much, so I thought that I would try to make some friends on here. One question I have: can you "quick reply" on mobile devices? I'm usually on my phone. Or is it better to chat on discord for that kind of thing?
Aug 29, 2020 10:32 AM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
@FreddieUranus Choosing this platform was the right choice then ^^ As for quick replies, you mean in a browser or using the unofficial app?
But generally, I'd prefer Discord over anything of MAL xP

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Aug 29, 2020 11:35 AM
Mar 2020
Hello! I'm Giacomo from Italy and I recently fall in love with "animes world"
First anime i watched its probably Naruto years ago. My favourites are Youjo senki and Shigatsu wa kimi no uso!!!
I am a music lover and "irl" I am a professional pianist!! I have also a yt channel where I upload anime cover at piano! (opened recently).
Nice to meet you all <3

Aug 29, 2020 5:21 PM
Aug 2020
Hello was good everyone My name is Luneytic but my friends call me Luney i live in The U.S but I'm form Peru so i speak both Spanish and English .
I been watching anime since i was a little kid probably around 5 or 6 years old i spent most of my childhood in poverty since my mom traveled a lot to make money and my dad was in jail i was born so i never got to meet him , instead my mom had my Grandma and my four aunts and four uncle take care of me so i can't say i had a bad childhood . My uncle was a huge Dragon ball fan so i was forced to watch every single series but my first ever anime was shown to me by my other uncle the show was called "Shaman King" which is a very old anime most of you probably never heard of it , and ever since then i been watching anime for pretty much my entire life .
MY MAL is not entirely accurate I've watched hundreds of show but i just recently discovered this website and i would have to spend like 40 hours to fill in in all the amines that i have watched so sorry about that .
I have an open mind about anime i like any genre but i do hate reading so i don't like manga however i can't say i dislike it since have read every single Nisekoi volume because i couldn't wait for season 3 to come out .
I don't have hobbies i'm good at all sports and but not anymore because i got sick about 3 months ago and i haven't eating anything since then so I've been alive by drinking proteins shakes. I treat people the way they treat me so i'm mostly a nice person and i joined this club in order to share my passion for anime so i'm glad i got the invitation .Thank you

( I'm sorry this is so long like writing with my heart in it and i also don't know how to make this shorter)
Aug 29, 2020 6:27 PM
Aug 2020
Hi guys, my name's Tristan and I was born and raised in Canada, though my parents are immigrants from the Phillippines.

I got introduced to anime around Grade 1 when I stumbled upon Naruto airing late at night on tv. After that, I started getting introduced to more anime via youtube amv's and I started to watch more shows.

I'm not really sure if I have a type of genre I like, I can usually enjoy whatever as long as I like the characters enough and I find the anime engaging.

My absolute number one favorite anime would probably have to be Hunter x Hunter, ever since I finished it a year ago I've been getting this urge to rewatch it all over again, so if y'all got any anime similar to it I'm all ears.

Asides from watching anime, I like to play basketball and lift weights, but I haven't really done much of either since this quarantine :(
I play a couple instruments too, mainly piano and guitar. I've played piano for more than half my life, while I taught myself how to play guitar (badly lol).

Uhh yeah I guess that's it from me hope to have some fun in this community and talk with you guys

Aug 29, 2020 6:56 PM
Aug 2020
Hi my name is Caleb. I am currently in college and I have been watching anime off and on for a couple years now. I joined MAL to simply talk anime with people. I don't feel like I have seen enough anime to really say I have a favorite series, but when it comes to genres I like a little bit of everything. My other hobbies are playing sports, and reading (not just manga).

Thanks for taking the time to read post. Have a great day.
Aug 29, 2020 7:06 PM

May 2020
PiAnime-Kourima said:
First anime i watched its probably Naruto years ago. My favourites are Youjo senki and Shigatsu wa kimi no uso!!!
[...]

Yahallo Giacomo!
Your first anime was Naruto? That's nice! The first anime I watched was Pokemon, but the one I consider my first completed anime was Sword Art Online.
You also loved Kimi no Uso? That's lovely to hear! I watched it quite a while ago and I might try to rewatch it someday! But I hold some incredible memories from that show, hope that it holds up for a second-viewing.
Wow you're a professional pianist! I can't really play any instruments but I also love music! I'll be sure to check out your channel!
Welcome to the club!
Aug 29, 2020 7:10 PM

May 2020
ImCaleb said:
Hi my name is Caleb. I am currently in college and I have been watching anime off and on for a couple years now. I joined MAL to simply talk anime with people. I don't feel like I have seen enough anime to really say I have a favorite series, but when it comes to genres I like a little bit of everything. My other hobbies are playing sports, and reading (not just manga).

Heyy Caleb!
You seem quite varied and open-minded about your favorite genres and shows! That's good in my opinion, you'll always have open doors for many different kinds of animes and mangas! I can't really pick a singular favorite either. There are too many good shows to choose from.
You play sports, that's nice! What sports you usually play? I'm more of a soccer/football guy. I normally play as an center-back or center-defensive-midfielder.
Welcome to the club!!!
Aug 29, 2020 7:20 PM

May 2020
smileyboy said:
Hi guys, my name's Tristan and I was born and raised in Canada, though my parents are immigrants from the Phillippines.

I got introduced to anime around Grade 1 when I stumbled upon Naruto airing late at night on tv.
[...]

Heyyooo Tristan!
You started watching anime with Naruto? That's nice, I started watching anime while I was a kid, my first watched one was Pokemon, by the way, I'm a Gen 4 guy! But my first completed anime was Sword Art Online.
I'm also like you in the genre-aspect, although I play favorites with some genres that I prefer. Those being comedy, romance, drama, slice of life and supernatural.
I haven't watched HunterXHunter yet! I've heard that it's amazing, I'll probably watch it one day. But my plan to watch list is looking a bit stacked right now xD.
I'm not the best badketball player but I can decently play soccer/football. I don't really play instruments but, I love music!
Welcome to the club Tristan!
Aug 29, 2020 7:26 PM
Aug 2020
Le_Username said:
ImCaleb said:

Heyy Caleb!
You seem quite varied and open-minded about your favorite genres and shows! That's good in my opinion, you'll always have open doors for many different kinds of animes and mangas! I can't really pick a singular favorite either. There are too many good shows to choose from.
You play sports, that's nice! What sports you usually play? I'm more of a soccer/football guy. I normally play as an center-back or center-defensive-midfielder.
Welcome to the club!!!

So growing up I played baseball, American football, and basketball. Nowadays I stick mainly to basketball, but I will also play soccer/football when I get the chance.
Aug 29, 2020 7:36 PM

May 2020
luneytic said:
Hello was good everyone My name is Luneytic but my friends call me Luney i live in The U.S but I'm form Peru so i speak both Spanish and English .
I been watching anime since i was a little kid probably around 5 or 6 years old i spent most of my childhood in poverty since my mom traveled a lot to make money and my dad was in jail i was born so i never got to meet him , instead my mom had my Grandma and my four aunts and four uncle take care of me so i can't say i had a bad childhood .
[...]

Hey Luney!
That's quite the life story, and also quite heart-warming. That uncle of yours seems like a real nice guy! I've heard of "Shaman King", it is indeed a very old show. My first watched anime was Pokemon, but I consider SAO my first one becasue it was the first anime I completed.
I only started watching the way I do now around late 2018. So I'm pretty new compared to you! xD
I've watched Nisekoi, I found it quite enjoyable with a amazing animation by Shaft but, it was filled with "cliches" and non-originiality in my opinion, that kinda made it worse for me. I would've read the manga but I ended up getting spoiled on it's ending quite recently. :(
I'm also really bored staying at home for so long. I miss going to school and talking with my friends in person. Hope this will end shortly.
Welcome to the club Luney!!
Aug 29, 2020 7:41 PM

May 2020
ImCaleb said:
Le_Username said:

Heyy Caleb!
You seem quite varied and open-minded about your favorite genres and shows!
[...]

So growing up I played baseball, American football, and basketball. Nowadays I stick mainly to basketball, but I will also play soccer/football when I get the chance.

That's nice. I haven't really played baseball, it's not that popular in Brazil, while I have played American Football and Basketball a few times.
Aug 29, 2020 10:51 PM

Jun 2020
Hello, my name is Zeran, I'm from Indonesia. The reason why I joined the MyAnimeList community is that I was looking for a site/place to record/save my watchlist so I won't have to memorize every anime that I've watched in my history. The first anime that I've watched was SCHOOL DAYS! Yes, I'm not kidding, it's my first anime. But, if you're talking about childhood, it'd be either Naruto or Captain Tsubasa (Yes, I like them too). I don't have my favourite in general, as I use to separate it in each genre, but hey, you can check for the details on my profile (shameless advertising, lame). My favourite genres are...hmmm, hang on for seconds.... (brain.exe has stopped working)

Ah, yes. My favourite genres are Sci-fi, Psychological, Mystery, Thriller, Horror, Slice of Life, Romance, Comedy, Musical, Ecchi, Harem, Adventure, Action, Drama, Shoujo, SHOUJO AI(!) and Sports (damn, it's too much hahaha. I love gore as well). Specifically, I don't have the genres that I don't like but if I can say it as the least favourite genres, that will be Mecha, Fantasy, and Shounen. It's not like I hate them, I just don't prefer it over the other genres that I like.

Hobbies? Ah, I love watching sports games, playing games, reading books, editing pics and stuff, act like an insane guy and etc.

Hai hai~ Demo, arigato gozaimas! Sorede, yoroshiku ato jaa na! Mata ashita!
KiyaHaruAug 29, 2020 11:08 PM
Aug 30, 2020 1:50 AM
Mar 2020
Le_Username said:
PiAnime-Kourima said:
[...]

Yahallo Giacomo!
Your first anime was Naruto? That's nice! The first anime I watched was Pokemon, but the one I consider my first completed anime was Sword Art Online.
You also loved Kimi no Uso? That's lovely to hear! I watched it quite a while ago and I might try to rewatch it someday! But I hold some incredible memories from that show, hope that it holds up for a second-viewing.
Wow you're a professional pianist! I can't really play any instruments but I also love music! I'll be sure to check out your channel!
Welcome to the club!

I will be grateful if you will check it out <3 and really nice to meet you :)
Aug 31, 2020 9:33 PM
Aug 2020
Hello everyone :)
Myself Gaurav Gupta from VARANASI INDIA, I'm 18, my anime career started when i randomly searched goku vs saitama on YouTube. I found a channel named mastar media which developed this one video to an entire anime war series. But this was not an official series. It was a fan made.

My first official anime was top combat shinichi on YouTube. I started anime in COVID lockdown in April just by luck. And I'm happy i watch anime. My fav anime are darling in the franXX and grisaia no kajitsu meikyuu and rakuen. Can somebody please tell me what genre is common in my these two most favourite anime?
And Kazuki kazami is my most favourite charecter.

I watch almost all types of anime if it has a good plot. But i do not prefer whose animation looks old. I like good graphics.. you can say.

I joined MAL to know other anime lovers from the world and find ones who have similar taste of anime like mine.

Arigatou
Sep 1, 2020 2:35 AM
Unicorn Lover

Mar 2019
GauravKG said:
Myself Gaurav Gupta from VARANASI INDIA, I'm 18, my anime career started when i randomly searched goku vs saitama on YouTube.
[...]

Welcome to TNC Gaurav!
Now that's an interesting way of finding your way to anime x) What even lead to you searching for that on YouTube?
As for common genre between those two, I'd say dramatic romances might be your thing! In that case, I'd recommend Angel Beats and Fruits Basket (there's is also a 2019 version if you prefer newer animation).
Also have the same view as you, can't really get into older animation, really unfortunate that I might miss out on some :/

★彡[ᴘᴜʀᴘʟᴇ ꜱᴜᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀɪᴛʏ]彡★
Sep 1, 2020 5:42 AM
Jul 2020
Hey! I'm Kirsten and I'm from Ireland ^.^

I joined MAL to track what anime I was watching easier and to talk to others anime fans.I took a break from anime for years to focus on studies so currently getting back into it.

Iv been a massive Pokemon and Digimon fan since I was a child but the first proper anime I watched was Naruto. I like most genres but I tend to watch a lot of shounen anime. My favorite anime is FMAB but I also really like Toradora!, Norigami and AoT.

My other hobbies include martial arts , drawing and reading. I am also really love astronomy.

Feel free to add me :)
Slan
Sep 1, 2020 6:04 AM
Aug 2020
Um, hi, I'm king_of_Tragedy. I started watching anime about five years ago, my friend wouldn't leave me alone about it, she suggested I'd watch Ouran high school host club. After that I took a huge break from anime, id watch it off and on, so for now Imma sticks to watching anime because I truly love it.
Sep 1, 2020 12:31 PM
Aug 2020
Hey everyone! I'm Lunuwu from the UK.
I dont distinctly remember the first anime I watched. I think it may have been either the 4kids yugioh or inazuma eleven.
My favourite anime so far is the No game no life series (anime)
My favourite genres are isekais and comedys.
I don't really dislike any genres, but there is some that i enjoy more than others.
I really have no other hobbies except sitting on a chair for 4 months straight in lockdown.
Sep 1, 2020 12:46 PM
Aug 2020
Karasian said:
GauravKG said:
Myself Gaurav Gupta from VARANASI INDIA, I'm 18, my anime career started when i randomly searched goku vs saitama on YouTube.
[...]

Welcome to TNC Gaurav!
Now that's an interesting way of finding your way to anime x) What even lead to you searching for that on YouTube?
As for common genre between those two, I'd say dramatic romances might be your thing! In that case, I'd recommend Angel Beats and Fruits Basket (there's is also a 2019 version if you prefer newer animation).
Also have the same view as you, can't really get into older animation, really unfortunate that I might miss out on some :/

Well... Right from start.... December 2019... I became a marvel fan... So i watched superhero fights. Suddenly i got idea to search superhero vs superhero fights. Mostly were marvel and dc charecters. But once i saw a video of saitama in suggestions. Found him op. Then i got another suggestion of goku. Found him op too.
Jan 2019... I searched goku vs saitama. Got a fanmade animation by MASTAR MEDIA. i thought it would be only one video. I played it. But the video was just part 1. Then the goku vs saitama series started. The animation was not so good. But slowly... The animator introduced vegeta and genos too... Then black Goku... Who came to fuse with goku to become omni god. He was omni super Saiyan (the series was fammade.) They defeated him in 12th part. But... Some dark gods appeared then.
That led to start of anime war series... We saw charecter of dbz, saitama, one piece, naruto, fairly tail.... But it was incomplete(last episode was still to come where omni gogeta has to fight alongside zeno against omni archon)...

I waited for its last episode till march... The series got goddamn good.

Then i got interested in anime and first anime suggestion "top combat shinichi" appeared on YouTube. That i not liked but got a taste.

Then a friend of mine from CLASH OF CLANS gave me website animeram to watch anime and i started my journey.
Sep 1, 2020 2:12 PM

Oct 2019
Chillipeppers98 said:
Hey! I'm Kirsten and I'm from Ireland ^.^
[...]
I took a break from anime for years to focus on studies so currently getting back into it.

Iv been a massive Pokemon and Digimon fan since I was a child but the first proper anime I watched was Naruto.
[...]
My other hobbies include martial arts , drawing and reading. I am also really love astronomy.
[...]

Hey Kirsten, welcome to the club and nice to meet you.

I personally take breaks as well from time to time. It can help to take some anime slow instead of watching it all in a week because you can think about it for longer and theorize about what would happen. I recently finished watching A Certain Magical Index and A Certain Scientific Railgun series and it took me about 2 months to finish watching it. I think that I actually enjoyed it more that way but sometimes I prefer to finish the anime the same day or the next day. It usually depends on what the anime is about and if it has cliffhangers. If the anime is more emotional I'll probably finish it really quickly so I have the same mindset throughout the whole anime.

Oh, you watched Naruto as your first anime? Funny enough, I don't think I've seen a single episode of Naruto from the beginning till the end even when I was younger. I did watch Pokemon and Digimon as a kid though and I loved both of them. Do you recommend watching FMAB, I haven't seen it so that's why I'm asking.

If you'd like, I can recommend you some anime that's shounen or similar to Toradora and Noragami.

Which martial art are you training? I trained Karate when I was younger but sadly I quit after a year or two, can't remember. What do you like to draw? I draw from time to time, recently I started drawing anime characters like Houtarou from Hyouka. Do you only read books or light novels and manga? I'm not a big fan of reading but I tried reading few manga's like Rising of the Shield hero. I'm also planning on buying a Rokka no Yuusha light novel or A Certain Magical Index light novel. I also love astronomy or just space in general because it feels like there's endless possibilities and a lot of planets with unknown things on them which makes me curious and wanting to explore them xD. Who knows, maybe one of them is anime world hahaha.

I also sent you a friend request in case you'd like to chat. Oh and, I'm not sure if I should call you Slan or Kirsten xD
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (92) « First ... « 71 72 [73] 74 75 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAMES] Count to 100,000 Part 3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Karasian - Jan 26, 2021

8331 by omorashi »»
Apr 16, 1:43 PM

» [GAMES] Count down from 100,000 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

babyaki - Dec 4, 2020

6857 by omorashi »»
Apr 16, 1:43 PM

» [GAMES] Anime A-Z Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Aug 8, 2017

4737 by Serafos »»
Apr 15, 11:21 PM

» I admit, I actually find Sailor Moon to be "girlier" than Tokyo Mew Mew and that's not a bad thing

removed-user - Feb 5

1 by Serafos »»
Apr 8, 8:20 AM

» Guys check my oil painting of Kimi no Na wa, Tenki no Ko, and Suzume no Tojimari.

mufarari - Jan 20

1 by Serafos »»
Apr 2, 8:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.