Forum Settings
Forums
New
Feb 3, 2016 10:11 AM
Jul 2015
I don't know if I'm the only one stupid enough not to know this but If there's anyone who's just an airhead like me and wonders, like me wondering for more than 2 years, as to why are magi's chapters called night, here's what I think is the answer: it's because the manga is based off of collection of middle eastern folk tales named One thousand and nights.
It's a story where a king executed her wife for being unfaithful. Because of his bitterness which still goes on, he marries women just to be executed on the next morning. Then he married Scheherazade (yes, like the magi in magi xD) who tells him stories every night, finishes it the next night and begins a new one. The king postpones her execution everyday to know the finale of each story. This went on for One thousand and one nights hence the title of collection.
It includes stories like Alibaba and the forty thieves and Seven voyages of Sinbad the sailor.

I learned this from Italian class while doing something with narrators. There I saw the name Shahrazad, resembling the name Scheherazade, and I thought that there might be some connection with the manga. Just sharing for people like me who knows nothing about this famous book which is the inspiration for this great manga :d
Fuzzywuz_zyFeb 3, 2016 1:07 PM
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Feb 3, 2016 11:02 PM

Sep 2014
Fuzzywuz_zy said:
I don't know if I'm the only one stupid enough not to know this but If there's anyone who's just an airhead like me and wonders, like me wondering for more than 2 years, as to why are magi's chapters called night, here's what I think is the answer: it's because the manga is based off of collection of middle eastern folk tales named One thousand and nights.
It's a story where a king executed her wife for being unfaithful. Because of his bitterness which still goes on, he marries women just to be executed on the next morning. Then he married Scheherazade (yes, like the magi in magi xD) who tells him stories every night, finishes it the next night and begins a new one. The king postpones her execution everyday to know the finale of each story. This went on for One thousand and one nights hence the title of collection.
It includes stories like Alibaba and the forty thieves and Seven voyages of Sinbad the sailor.

I learned this from Italian class while doing something with narrators. There I saw the name Shahrazad, resembling the name Scheherazade, and I thought that there might be some connection with the manga. Just sharing for people like me who knows nothing about this famous book which is the inspiration for this great manga :d

Most people can tell after the names and references.
The sun is a deadly laser
Feb 3, 2016 11:17 PM
Sep 2015
cuz shinobu wrote the chapters during the night time
Feb 4, 2016 5:28 AM
Jul 2015
mira-pyon said:
Fuzzywuz_zy said:

Most people can tell after the names and references.

And I'm one of the few (still hoping I'm not forever alone, xD) I know about Aladdin, Alibaba and Sinbad's references but didn't know that they're just small pieces for a bigger puzzle. Sorry bruh, I'm stupid enough not to be on the larger side T.T
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Feb 4, 2016 5:30 AM

Nov 2011
Some mangaka put unique name for their chapters, Magi has Night, Assassination Classroom has Time and Akame Ga Kill has Kill the X.

Feb 4, 2016 5:41 AM
Jul 2015
KaiserNazrin said:
Some mangaka put unique name for their chapters, Magi has Night, Assassination Classroom has Time and Akame Ga Kill has Kill the X.

Yes, like Ippo-rounds (cuz boxing). But as for magi's night, it literally took me 2 years to know lololol. Never did any research xd
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

More topics from this board

Poll: » Magi Chapter 1 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Jul 13, 2011

18 by Marloges »»
10 minutes ago

» What's the best and worst Arc in Magi?

coolasianbro - Feb 11, 2021

8 by LeonhartAugust »»
Apr 20, 1:12 PM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 369 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 5, 2017

86 by mizukasa »»
Mar 23, 8:16 AM

» The Nen Show Podcast - Magi and Sinbad

MuffinManTho - Mar 17

0 by MuffinManTho »»
Mar 17, 9:48 AM

Poll: » Magi Chapter 27 Discussion

KuroDubZero - Sep 25, 2011

9 by brokeRyuk »»
Jan 26, 2:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.