Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 30, 2016 11:07 AM

Jun 2011
I am not the biggest fan of Asuka. She is the most unfriendly character I've ever seen. She may seem like a cool person you would want to be friends with but underneath all that, she's really a cold, aloof and sometimes overconfident attention-seeker who probably isn't going to stand the test of time.

She boasts about her body, she talks about adult things such as having babies and kissing. I know kids start to be doting around 14 or 15, but she's still too nasty, chasing after Kaji and Shinji, tries to get them to have sex with her, and if she can't get what she wants (like when she can't control her Eva), she gets emo.

She also tends to be bossy in a very annoying kind of way. I would beat her if she was my sister. She even doesn't care about the dangers she can encounter like during her mindrape (what an idiot).

She's really a stupid person who bullies innocent people. Shinji can be whiny, Rei can be dull but this showy overachiever takes the cake. It surprises me how no one disciplines this girl or even calls her on her bad behaviors.
Numbuh 3, you've got to get off the couch, you cannot sit in that tree house, girl you like Rainbow Monkeys so grab your little shit and then swing!

Hand tracks be tracking me to different doorways. In a maze, and I don't know what to do. Guaranteed though, Ima find the emeralds.
Jun 30, 2016 11:18 AM

Sep 2015
Don't understand it myself. She was one of the main contributing factors that made me put NGE on hold for several months. Once her character was introduced it became excessively difficult to force myself to sit through her incessant bullshit.

Felt like her mental problems were completely overdone. Rather than being stressed out due to multiple factors, it just seemed like she was a bitch for the sake of being a bitch. I understood the reasoning behind it, but the execution of the resultant behaviour was so over-the-top and overdone that it, for me, destroyed any potential her character had. Just made her end up being one of my most hated characters out of any anime I've seen.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Jul 1, 2016 12:33 PM

Jun 2016
Because she is an annoying bitch, she is the worst of the bunch ,I couldn't stand her teasing shinji all the time ,she's one of the reasons I dropped the series.
bigmustache93Jul 1, 2016 12:41 PM
Jul 1, 2016 1:10 PM

Jun 2016
Chiibi said:
Protaku said:
>Says Asuka is whiny but says nothing about Shinji.

Shinji does angst and complain a lot.....but given how his daddy treats him and his situation....can you blame the kid that much? He's being forced to grow up in a harsh world when he just isn't ready for it.

Nobody forced him to pilot Eva the only occasion where he forced to pilot Eva was in the first episode,I remember him decided to leave Tokyo then before he put a foot in the train he changed his mind and I think the reason he pilot the Eva is to seek his father attention.
The only thing that bother me is that nerv as a very advanced organization couldn't find other mentally stable teenagers to pilot the Eva ,the writer uses silly excuses to keep shinji on the screen.
Jul 1, 2016 5:36 PM
Oct 2011
Gesu- said:
I honestly don't get why she's even considered to be a good character.
I mean I get that unlikeable characters can be considered good as well but only if they're well written.

This bitch isn't even well written!!

Yeah sure, I can understand that she has a bit of an ego problem and wants to stay ahead of everyone else but so far (16 episodes) the show hasn't given any insight as o why she acts like that.

She's a cunt just for the sake of being a cunt..
That's because her back story is revealed in episode 22
Apr 20, 2021 10:36 PM
Nov 2019
piepie said:
Asuka is a much deeper character than just a tsundere. Did you even pay attention to the characterization at all?

Btw, do you honestly believe Asuna, Yuno, and Akame to be better than Asuka? You're delusional.

Yes I do, because unlike Asuka, they don't push away people for no good reason. Yeah we get it, she's been through a lot as a child, but so has Shinji, Misato, Ritsuko, etc and you don't see them being a bitch to every and anyone in sight.
Apr 20, 2021 10:37 PM

Jan 2020
Because she has deep character writing even for a evangelion character

Apr 26, 2021 1:09 PM

Oct 2019
Senpai-Kun0 said:
piepie said:
Asuka is a much deeper character than just a tsundere. Did you even pay attention to the characterization at all?

Btw, do you honestly believe Asuna, Yuno, and Akame to be better than Asuka? You're delusional.

Yes I do, because unlike Asuka, they don't push away people for no good reason. Yeah we get it, she's been through a lot as a child, but so has Shinji, Misato, Ritsuko, etc and you don't see them being a bitch to every and anyone in sight.
oof bro thats a five year old post
Apr 26, 2021 1:30 PM
Feb 2020
While she can be whiny a bit, I like her bc I see a lot of myself in her. I see a lot of myself in both her and Shinji. I’ll just focus on her bc that’s the topic though. Her relationship with her mother is a lot like mine was when I was younger and when I was 14 I was just as desperate for approval as she was. I feel like I wouldn’t like the characters of Evangelion as much if I didn’t see my teenage self in them.
Apr 27, 2021 5:12 PM
Nov 2019
bladeof_crimson7 said:
Senpai-Kun0 said:

Haha it is, but atleast someone saw it
Apr 27, 2021 5:12 PM
Nov 2019
bladeof_crimson7 said:
Senpai-Kun0 said:

Haha it is, but atleast someone saw it
Apr 28, 2021 3:59 PM

Apr 2021
I like her because she's well written
Apr 28, 2021 4:00 PM

Jan 2020
probably cause she's a relatable character for some people

May 25, 2021 2:51 PM
Dec 2017
tsundere fetishism simply put mistato is the real best girl.

May 26, 2021 10:03 PM
Jan 2021
Idk actually, I disliked Asuka initially, but now after a rewatching the show I could see her motivations and goals more clearly.
Still not my favourite character, but she could be interesting to some people.
TO EXCEL IS TO FAIL
Jul 27, 2021 3:44 PM
Jul 2018
She's the perfect girlfriend and badass to boot. It's impossible not to love her.
Jul 28, 2021 11:59 PM

Aug 2020
I really didn't liked her as much, but I do agree she's a well-written character indeed.
Her solo scene in EoE is dope af to be honest.

Oct 8, 2021 1:00 PM
Jun 2020
Because they like edgy annoying red head bitches. Some people are like that, we can't do anything about those people. Tbh I never liked any of the characters in Eva, but some of them are well written.
Oct 8, 2021 1:08 PM
Jul 2018
I find her to be the best Tsundere. Maybe your taste is just different
Oct 8, 2021 1:11 PM

Jan 2020
Because she's a really well-written and well-portrayed character IMO. She IS a flawed and whiny bitch, but nearly every character in Eva is like that. Her relationship with everyone (including herself) and not just Shinji is unhealthy and twisted because of her childhood and the expectations put on her, that doesn't make it justified but it makes nuanced and understandable. You could say that in the "hedgehog dilemma", she basically had the sharpest spikes
I don't speak English that much, so please cut me some slack
Sep 27, 2022 9:50 PM
Mar 2022
I don’t like Asuka that much at all. She’s just a stupid little bitch, and that’s all she’ll ever be even when she grows older.
Sep 30, 2022 6:15 AM
Oct 2011
I remember liking her more then Rei thinking "at least Asuka HAS a personality"
Oct 1, 2022 4:09 AM
May 2020
She is an amazing teenager character suffering to an extreme mental illness + she's cute
Oct 3, 2022 8:57 AM
suii

Dec 2018
i think its hard to like asuka. maybe some of the way she is, people are at some point. but i think many people see what asuka go through and say, well i went through some of the same stuff
Oct 3, 2022 9:03 AM

Aug 2009
Because she's the first tsundere character that I've been exposed to.

Also, RE-Take.

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

813 by BitBitt »»
Yesterday, 8:14 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Voltlighter - Dec 17, 2007

343 by sailorneptunelvr »»
May 15, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 13, 2007

195 by sailorneptunelvr »»
May 15, 12:04 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Nov 29, 2007

188 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
May 8, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Neon Genesis Evangelion Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Voltlighter - Dec 10, 2007

152 by sailorneptunelvr »»
May 8, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.