Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 14, 2015 9:17 PM
Mar 2008
Feniksrises said:
For the Western fans most definitely. We now have the ability to download and watch ALL THE ANIME in glorious quality.

Does even download count? I dont think so since the studios arent making any proit with it. So, the golden age in the west still probably is the 90s.
Dec 15, 2015 12:54 AM
Nov 2015
Looking at these posts, I can safely say there are 2 types of Golden Ages.

Type 1: Profit based golden age. This is simple and more logical, the more the profit, the better the age. It's just that simple.

Type 2: Opinionated golden age. This one is a bit more complicated and irrational compared to the profit. To put it simply, it all boils down to what you liked in what age. I personally don't think that this is the "Golden Age". But for all I know, there could be someone who thinks that this is indeed a "Golden Age". It's just when you liked which things and in what quantity.
Dec 15, 2015 6:08 AM

Aug 2015
hoopla123 said:
no that was 2007

Agreed, plus the entire outlook on anime in the States was different then. If I remember correctly, we were still buying and watching anime at high levels (pre-great Recession). Plenty was airing on TV, good ole Geneon was still kicking... I'm not saying that lots of cool anime arnt coming out, but it seems like there is less mainstream excitement for it.
"More than the cherry blossoms,
Inviting a wind to blow them away,
I am wondering what to do,
With the remaining springtime."

-Asano Naganori
Dec 15, 2015 6:17 AM

Jun 2013
2003-2007 were definitely releasing amazing anime left and right, but there's been quite a few gems since then but none really can compare to them. Also, seeing as almost every series stops at 12 or 24 episodes now, really isn't that much of a "Golden Era" to me. I do think that there's been a huge graphics revolution since around 2012 and that anime are going to have something similar to 2003-2007 eventually in the upcoming years for sure.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Will we get more anime's that reflect "Stoner Comedy"?

GoatPieceLuffy - 1 hour ago

11 by tchitchouan »»
31 seconds ago

» anime character you like but wouldn't invite to your birthday party / wedding?

lifesaver64 - 11 hours ago

15 by Jyushimatsuno »»
2 minutes ago

» Is the concept of a villain stupid?

Anjuro - 8 hours ago

29 by Anjuro »»
4 minutes ago

» Weird thing about Frieren's score

Yoksven - 44 minutes ago

5 by KayKimii »»
19 minutes ago

» Anime sequels that fell off ( 1 2 )

ST63LTH - May 11

58 by BeastyAnimefan »»
42 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.