Forum Settings
Forums

You say the fan base is toxic, but does that really ruin the actual media?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 18, 2015 7:46 AM

Apr 2011
Onii-chan said:
they barely support Japanimation, but only make its financial decline.

Finance doesn't work like that.
Nov 18, 2015 8:14 AM
Jul 2018
It doesn't ruin the show, game, etc itself. But, for the most part, it ruins part of the fan experience. If the fandom is shitty in whatever way, it's harder to go on discussion boards like these and talk about it without shit fandom shitstorm. Never-the-less, you're right, you can still enjoy the media for presisely what it is. But there's a certain aspect of being a fan of it that's ruined by shitty fandoms.
Nov 18, 2015 10:02 AM
Mar 2014
Firelilyx said:

omfgplzstop said:

read the vn
How about no.

who the fuck asked you

firelilyx said:
Well when a fanbase highly praises a certain anime, then of course I have some expectations of it. Though I will never automatically dislike an anime just because of the overzealous fanboys, that's pretty silly. And I'm not going to change my opinion on an anime I love just because there are a couple of annoying people in the fanbase (i.e HxH).

it's not so much a matter of changing your opinion than it is getting mad enough at those fucks for spamming shit everywhere and annoying you on every corner of the internet that you wish the anime never existed
Rinth said:
Every opinion is not equal. Some opinions are simply made out of shit.

nasuverse > your favorite anime
Nov 18, 2015 12:05 PM

Nov 2014
While i agree with most of what you said, the fans does play a big role to the series.. Like someone said above, it doesn't affect the media but it's affect my overall enjoyment of the series.. for example, if the fanbase mad/salty if someone told a negative things toward the series (basically the series can't have any negativity in their opinion), i'm inadvertently try to see the flaws of it show which probably i won't bother if i haven't met these kind of fans.. and for the fanbase with highly praise and overhyped anime, i tend to judge everything critically (something i rarely do with other show since enjoyment is the most important things in anime)..

That said, lately i just did the thing that you said, to ignore these "toxic fanbase" and i guess it's the most effective ones to do without affecting my enjoyment toward the series..
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Nov 18, 2015 1:26 PM

Jan 2009
Words mean different things to different people. The dictionary and people are not the final say on what words mean.
This sums up the YuYu Hakusho anime well (paraphrased) “you can’t end a good party without someone on the floor.” Yusuke Urameshi
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

70 by MichaelJackson »»
13 minutes ago

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 11 hours ago

16 by cyandaqil »»
17 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

8 by tchitchouan »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 5 hours ago

21 by luckyrune »»
25 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 24

31 by 707supremacist »»
25 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.