Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 9, 2015 12:57 PM
Nov 2015
So this the start of the second season of the second series.... right? Or something to that effect?

Since it's obvious been around for a while can someone pass along some information on the series? SPOILERS ARE FINE... I just want to know if it's worth my time to start from the beginning. So maybe you guys can answer a few questions I have...

1. Is there Romance?
I'm a huge romantic and I generally miss series that don't at least hint at a romance. Though I have found some real gems even without that promised romance. Though Rahx and Turn A were good series on their own, the romance brought the story down and killed it at the end for me. Is this series similar?

2. Where do I start if I want to understand the series from the beginning?
I don't trust MAL all that much when it comes to sequel/prequels. I've seen series that say another series is a prequel but it has nothing to do with it or it's not a prequel but more pf an alternate story. Just saying.

3. Is the story complicated?
I can generally understand complicated plots, but I hate have to think too hard when I watch anime [unless I'm looking for that type of series]. I especially don't want to be trying to figure the plot after 50 something episodes or so.

Thanks in advance to any that help me out. I look forward to getting some answers.
Nov 9, 2015 4:53 PM

Sep 2011
1: yes there is romance, theres generally a romantic interest between tons of the supporting cast, between the main characters there is kazuki and maya but that hasnt progressed to full on romance yet, it might by this seasons end but other relationships have gone that far and play a pretty huge role on character motivations. Though it should be noted that there is some fujoshi pandering between the 2 male leads but it really only goes as far as occasional pandering for character who are clearly straight.

2, you can either start from fafner dead aggressor or from its prequal ova Right of left which youd need to watch eventually anyway due to it tying into exodus pretty heavily. The prequal is ok but it could of been much more as a legit series but still worth a watch.

3: kind of, its first season throws around alot of unexplained vocabulary at first apparently the fault of director and script writer that get swapped out for different staff members halfway through dead agressor, that new staff stays for the rest of the franchise and dont complicate things anywhere near as much, the current season exodus has a metric fuck ton of call backs to past events so it does require the attention on the viewers sake but once you get out of the show's semi cluttered start its pretty easy to watch and has alot of down time where you can turn your mind off.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 9, 2015 5:29 PM

Jun 2013
Well JizzyHitler already answered all questions. I just want to clarify the answer for number 1.

Yes Fafner have romance element but is not as deep as Aquarion EVOL, Macross, or Heroic Age, is same level with Gundam 00 or AldnoahZero. The love flag is just to raise the death flag for some character. So In other words, If you want mecha romance, Fafner is not your 100% best choice. But if you can put aside it, you can enjoy Fafner as one solid good mecha anime.
SSSS_ShunariaNov 9, 2015 5:37 PM
Nov 9, 2015 8:47 PM

Sep 2011
The romance is way more focused on than gundam 00 or aldnoah though, it plays a pretty major part of the series as a whole and not all of them lead up to death flags either. Thats just spoiling the series with a false spoiler

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus 2nd Season Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 25, 2015

33 by DmonHiro »»
May 5, 2021 3:49 PM

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus 2nd Season Episode 4 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 23, 2015

42 by Tsarko »»
Jun 28, 2019 1:42 PM

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus 2nd Season Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2015

11 by Rob »»
Dec 27, 2016 3:28 AM

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus 2nd Season Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2015

16 by Rob »»
Dec 27, 2016 2:45 AM

Poll: » Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor - Exodus 2nd Season Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 4, 2015

15 by Rob »»
Dec 27, 2016 2:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.