Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 5, 2015 6:06 AM

Aug 2008
Snappynator said:
DJAnime254 said:

This

Only some insecure person who has the need to look down on others for not liking the same thing would say anything like "my taste is better than urs!!!!1"

Agree.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Nov 5, 2015 6:11 AM
Sep 2013
^ you're agreeing with a "nothing is objective" comment chain but your signature calls K-On "objectively great"
Nov 5, 2015 6:13 AM

Jul 2011
badwolf45f said:
JewellTH said:

Some people like Madoka because she's all cute and shit.

Homura best girl

Nah, Sayaka > Homura.
Nov 5, 2015 6:15 AM

Aug 2008
Largething said:
^ you're agreeing with a "nothing is objective" comment chain but your signature calls K-On "objectively great"

Sarcasm.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Nov 5, 2015 6:16 AM

Mar 2014
If they give One Piece lower than a 7.
Nov 5, 2015 6:21 AM

Jan 2015
>Natsume's Book of Friends all nine

Awww u maed Natsume cry in joy :333333
Twitter and it's consequences had been a disaster for the human race
Nov 5, 2015 6:32 AM

Oct 2015
De gustibus non est disputandum - in matters of taste there can be no disputes.

One's tastes or opinions can never be defined as better. All opinions are equal. It doesn't matter if you're an elitist old timer who's seen thousands of anime's or a newbie who's just enjoyed your first anime. Your opinions are as equal as anyone's. It's impossible to say who has better taste because there is NO such thing as better. Someone may love Sword Art Online which I don't particularly care for but their opinion that it's the greatest anime on the face of the Earth is just as valid for them as my opinion that it's a horrible show is for me.

Also I tend to find it rather arrogant and rude when people put down others tastes in anything. If someone enjoys something then let them have that joy without doing your best to ruin it. Watching a million shows and having an encyclopedia of all things anime in your head doesn't make you a better judge of anime than someone watching their first one. You definitely know more about anime and the various categories of anime but in the end it still comes down to one's opinion. When I see people having fun with or enjoying SAO or the equally horrible Naruto (in my opinion that is) I'm glad for them. Thank goodness everyone is different because the world would be a very bland and boring place if everyone liked what I liked.

I also think that Cowboy Bebop is one of the most obnoxiously overrated anime's in the history of anime but my opinion is no greater or lesser than someone who find that show a breath of fresh air. All opinions are equally valid and all opinions deserve to be heard.

Just remember, if someone is loving an anime you hate.....then let them love it. Don't go out of your way to point out it's many flaws. Point them to anime that you feel is better but don't try and knock them down for enjoying something you don't. I see way too much with that in regards to everything in life. Be happy that someone has found something they enjoy and embrace their joy as if were your own.

I'm not trying to single the OP out or necessarily talking about him/her. His question was a good one. It's just I see a lot of beating down when it comes to anime as well as a lot of anger. Anime fans are passionate people as we all know which isn't necessarily a bad thing but if someone loves something, then let them have that bit of magic. Why try to take that away from someone? Go and find a show that's magical for you.
Nov 5, 2015 6:33 AM

Jan 2011
TheBrainintheJar said:
Someone who can explain their opinion.

Pretty much this, someone who understands why they like something but I call it developed/undeveloped taste. You can understand this by going back to when you were a child, you probably liked everything you saw or just wanted entertainment.

This topic is getting stupid, I have to repeat this everytim.
OP probably wants to shame those who talk about taste. While it's true taste is subjective (theoretically and practically) so no good/bad taste, there is still objective value in how well you understand your opinions and that can be used against you. Once you know your taste well, you are more open to different perspectives, you understand why something might be bad despite everyone liking it, vice versa
Nov 5, 2015 6:44 AM

Aug 2015
Stupid_Yuji said:

One's tastes or opinions can never be defined as better. All opinions are equal. It doesn't matter if you're an elitist old timer who's seen thousands of anime's or a newbie who's just enjoyed your first anime. Your opinions are as equal as anyone's. It's impossible to say who has better taste because there is NO such thing as better. Someone may love Sword Art Online which I don't particularly care for but their opinion that it's the greatest anime on the face of the Earth is just as valid for them as my opinion that it's a horrible show is for me.

Also I tend to find it rather arrogant and rude when people put down others tastes in anything. If someone enjoys something then let them have that joy without doing your best to ruin it. Watching a million shows and having an encyclopedia of all things anime in your head doesn't make you a better judge of anime than someone watching their first one. You definitely know more about anime and the various categories of anime but in the end it still comes down to one's opinion. When I see people having fun with or enjoying SAO or the equally horrible Naruto (in my opinion that is) I'm glad for them. Thank goodness everyone is different because the world would be a very bland and boring place if everyone liked what I liked.

I also think that Cowboy Bebop is one of the most obnoxiously overrated anime's in the history of anime but my opinion is no greater or lesser than someone who find that show a breath of fresh air. All opinions are equally valid and all opinions deserve to be heard.

Just remember, if someone is loving an anime you hate.....then let them love it. Don't go out of your way to point out it's many flaws. Point them to anime that you feel is better but don't try and knock them down for enjoying something you don't. I see way too much with that in regards to everything in life. Be happy that someone has found something they enjoy and embrace their joy as if were your own.

I'm not trying to single the OP out or necessarily talking about him/her. His question was a good one. It's just I see a lot of beating down when it comes to anime as well as a lot of anger. Anime fans are passionate people as we all know which isn't necessarily a bad thing but if someone loves something, then let them have that bit of magic. Why try to take that away from someone? Go and find a show that's magical for you.

Finally someone with a good reply and not necessarily trying to bait me by attacking my favorites and how i rate anime LOL
Nov 5, 2015 7:00 AM

Aug 2015
MeinKaiser said:
Stupid_Yuji said:

Finally someone with a good reply and not necessarily trying to bait me by attacking my favorites and how i rate anime LOL

Well the thread title looks like you're baiting lmao.
Nov 5, 2015 7:06 AM

Oct 2013
If JoJo is Top 1 for you then gratz, you have a great taste.
Nov 5, 2015 7:07 AM

Aug 2015
FreedChickens said:
MeinKaiser said:

Well the thread title looks like you're baiting lmao.

The title doesn't necessarily mean i was talking about myself, Its a rhetorical question
if you read the OP then you should know.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» what kind of fashion

arhttr - 53 minutes ago

4 by deg »»
18 minutes ago

» mal/Confessions ( 1 2 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 10

99 by Saiunknown »»
29 minutes ago

» List of canceled anime.

ZXEAN - Yesterday

34 by ZXEAN »»
32 minutes ago

Poll: » are mal reviews full of destructive criticism or constructive criticism?

deg - May 3

26 by oappo »»
1 hour ago

» Anime tropes you want to see more of

ST63LTH - 3 hours ago

11 by Anjuro »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.