Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 4, 2015 5:17 PM
Nov 2013
I updated Taiga not to long ago, and it erased all my settings. Now when I play an episode of something Taiga does not recognize it. Before I updated and lost my settings, it would recognize almost anything, even the weirdly titled file names. I have tried to fix it but to no avail.

My question is, what format strings are you guys using? What is the default string (now that I have messed with it so much I can't remember).

I usually exclusively use HorribleSubs but I will use someone else if they release something faster.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Nov 4, 2015 5:45 PM

Nov 2007
Format strings have nothing to do with recognition; they're just used to format the output of the program (e.g. the tweets that are posted to Twitter, if the option is enabled).

Here's a couple of suggestions:
  • Make sure that Tools → Enable anime recognition option is enabled.
  • Make sure that Settings → Recognition → Media players → Enable media player detection option is enabled and the media player you use is selected on the same page.
  • If you have the Settings → Recognition → General → Ignore files outside of library folders option enabled, try disabling it.
  • Try running Taiga as administrator and see if it makes any difference.

If none of these work, I'll need to know more about your current situation (e.g. the OS and the media player you use, the installation directory of Taiga, etc.).
Nov 4, 2015 5:52 PM
Nov 2013
Make sure that Tools → Enable anime recognition option is enabled.
+It is enabled.

Make sure that Settings → Recognition → Media players → Enable media player detection option is enabled and the media player you use is selected on the same page.
+It is enabled. All media players are checked. I use MPC and VLC.

If you have the Settings → Recognition → General → Ignore files outside of library folders option enabled, try disabling it.
+These are unchecked.

Try running Taiga as administrator and see if it makes any difference.
+No change, still does not recognize.

Windows 7
VLC or MPC
C:>Users>User>AppData>Roaming>Taiga
(Forum keeps deleting my slashes so I used > here instead)
Nov 8, 2015 5:40 AM

Nov 2007
Just to make sure; when you say that episodes are not being recognized, do you mean that they aren't detected at all (i.e. you don't see any change on the Now Playing page), or do you mean that they are detected but not identified (i.e. you see a message that says "Taiga was unable to identify this title, and it needs your help.")?
Nov 24, 2015 9:52 AM
Nov 2013
They weren't being detected at all.

So I figured out that even though VLC media player is selected to recognize what I am watching, it would NOT do this. (I have everything in that list selected)

When I use MPC, it recognized and detects things just fine. Thus, I just made MPC my default player.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Recognition problems ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

erengy - Jun 3, 2010

300 by Xeroeth »»
Aug 9, 2021 2:24 PM

» any new news on Taiga working?

xDreww - Nov 23, 2019

5 by cHowaito »»
Jul 28, 2021 6:25 AM

Sticky: » Bug reports, general problems ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

erengy - Jun 3, 2010

1122 by DeFF »»
Jun 23, 2021 10:53 PM

» Dark theme?

Hyoretsu - Dec 12, 2019

1 by Squirt_lel »»
Jul 14, 2020 6:59 AM

» Error when synchronizing list (Since MAL API Update)

dadnaya - May 24, 2018

20 by xDreww »»
Nov 23, 2019 5:47 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.