Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 16, 2009 4:30 AM

Mar 2007
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Now that was one damn long flashback (assuming it goes back to the present in volume 7...). And it really made me dislike Gyokuran. I used to like him but now...

And I'm quite definitely rooting for Rin now. KILL THEM ALL!
Jul 12, 2013 1:39 PM

Nov 2009
Really? I was actually rooting for Rin more, after this flash back it is a little less but since she actually loved him back and he realized he loved her (instead of just feigning love to piss of Gyokuran) I still am rooting for Rin ... Although if they do get together the age gap is going to be kind of creepy.
Aug 17, 2017 9:25 AM

Jun 2009
Man, I'm not sure what I think of this. I'm hoping we get these events from the side of Mokuren sometime because it just felt weird to me that she would forgive him for that. I mean, I know it's heavily implied that she was in love with him instead of Gyokuran but, I dunno, this chapter definitely made me feel uncomfortable. So, yeah, really want to know what Mokuren was thinking during all of this.

So, I think this flashback was kind of more interesting than the present day stuff other than Rin himself. I definitely find myself like Mokuren more than Alice, though part of that is probably her design. Very ethereal and beautiful.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Dec 20, 2018 8:20 PM

Mar 2014
Um... Can someone pls explain why him raping her somehow turned into something.... Romantic? I'm so confused
Jan 22, 2021 4:01 AM
Jan 2019
If this chapter gives you confused feelings - then it's okay, this is what this chapter supposed to do. To challenge our mindset, to make us think above archetypes.

Mokuren is a very angelic person, she's forgiving and loving, and she always stays true to her beliefs. So even when she got an unforgivable act done to her, she decided to not waver and holded on to her beliefs and forgave Shion. Which, also caused Shion to quesiton himself even more. He's thinking (But i did THAT to her! How can she forgive me!? I don't understand!!) which will be a food for thought to him to eventually understand his mistakes.

As in, we saw Shion's tragic childgood and his poor life with bad decisions he's made because of him not believing anyone. After he gained our sympathy as "Alas, poor boy", he commits an act that we find unforgivable.
This is supposed to make us understand Shion better as well as also open our minds to understanding other atrocious people, to understand WHAT created them, the society, the poverty, tragic past, and then to understand those people and help them to find the good path BEFORE they commit any unforgivable mistakes, and even when they do, to forgive them and help them to understand what they did wrong.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Please Save My Earth Chapter 138 Discussion

fanty - Dec 17, 2009

8 by bizor »»
Oct 26, 2022 8:45 PM

» Any english translation of this out there?

phantomic109 - Dec 19, 2021

4 by crescensXG »»
Jan 18, 2022 11:22 PM

» Any english translation of this out there?

phantomic109 - Dec 19, 2021

0 by phantomic109 »»
Dec 19, 2021 4:40 PM

» Anime adaption

NAZMUS_SHADAT - Apr 8, 2019

2 by NthDegree »»
Apr 16, 2019 1:09 PM

» Chapters and volumes

iiKrina - Nov 23, 2018

8 by crocodileman94 »»
Feb 27, 2019 5:35 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.